Full-stack Software Engineer2019 - 2019AllKiosk
Technologies: Spring Boot 2, OAuth 2.0, React, Redux, Docker, GitLab, Gradle
- Architected and implemented a complete web solution for a client in the payment industry, defining all the technologies involved in both projects (front end and back end).
- Built the back end with a Spring Boot 2 REST API, protected by OAuth 2.0 (with JWTs as access tokens), and JUnit 5 (among other libraries) which was used for writing tests.
- Developed a database with PostgreSQL and implemented Liquibase (as part of the back end) to manage changes.
- Constructed the front end with a Node.js application built with React and Redux and tested with Jest and Enzyme (among others).
- Integrated GitLab for both projects, including its CI/CD capabilities. Integration included building, testing and also the build and push of a docker image to the GitLab container registry as part of the CI/CD pipeline.
- Wrote all the tests, achieving a coverage percentage above 80% on both projects.
Software Architect2017 - 2018DevFactory
Technologies: Java 8, Spring (Boot, Security), IntelliJ, Gradle, Jenkins, GitHub, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS (ECS, S3, EC2, SQS), MySQL, Neo4J, Redis
- Improved the web application security of an eCommerce platform with 5+ million active registered users by optimizing the cookie-based authentication (using Spring Security) and also the (Kong) API gateway definitions.
- Developed several microservices REST APIs using Spring Boot and Java 8.
- Integrated many projects with the company's CI/CD environment (using Jenkins, GitHub, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS services).
- Wrote unit, integration, microbenchmarks, and performance tests.
- Optimized different aspects of multiple projects (caching, SQL and NoSQL database operations, network latency, web application security, and so on).
Software Architect2015 - 2016Aurea Software
Technologies: Java 7, Struts, Eclipse, Ant, Git, SVN, Jira, Docker, Oracle
- Wrote an RFC-based OAuth 2 support for an API gateway written using Java 7.
- Maintained the source code (also Java 7) and implemented new features in a product that act as an API gateway and monitor, providing features for live identification of ongoing issues.
- Wrote (Bash) Shell and ant scripts for the maintenance of the project build cycle (which was working on Linux).
- Dealt with client technical requests related to the production environment.
- Maintained the UI (using Struts, JSTL, and jQuery).
Software Architect2013 - 2015Geofusion
Technologies: Java 7, Apereo CAS, Spring, Eclipse, Maven, Git, Jira, WebLogic, JBoss, Docker, Oracle, MongoDB, Solr, Backbone.js, Handlebars, jQuery
- Developed several new features handling spatial data (over Oracle, Apache Solr, and MongoDB), including the research, design, and implementation of a routing algorithm with critical performance restrictions.
- Implemented new front-end features using Backbone.js, jQuery, RequireJS, Handlebars, Bluebird, and Twitter Bootstrap.
- Acted as one of the technical team leaders in Sao Paulo and the internal reference on web application security.
- Prepared and presented technical workshops for other developers and architects about project challenges being faced by the time, describing the solution architecture and the technologies being used.
Senior Developer2012 - 2012RGM
Technologies: Java 6, Struts, Eclipse, Maven, JBoss, UML
- Automatized the build, test, and report process of an existent J2EE6 governmental resource planning web application using Apache Maven 3.
- Created a minimal CI environment using Jenkins, improving product quality and team productivity.
- Changed the old deprecated base application server with JBoss AS 7 which reduced much of the start, deploy, test, and general request handling times.
- Implemented front-end features using Struts 2 and jQuery.
- Created UML diagrams using Enterprise Architect.
Senior Developer2008 - 2012Central de Vendas
Technologies: Java 6, Struts 2, JSF2, Linux, OpenVPN, Openswan, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, Samba
- Maintained a document management system using Java EE 6, Apache Maven, Struts, jQuery, and Apache Tomcat.
- Administered to the company Linux servers and network services like web, firewall, FTPS, DNS, file, and NTP servers; writing several shell scripts as well.
- Hardened Linux servers, penetration-tested with Metasploit Framework, applied security fixes, and configured VPNs (OpenVPN and Openswan).
- Wrote, as part of the security committee, sections of the organization's security policy based on PCI Standards.
- Dealt with client security audits and constraints.
Researcher2006 - 2007Federal University of Bahia
Technologies: Java 5, Eclipse RCP, Linux
- Implemented new features and maintained a CAD tool for optimal planning and project of optical networks through Eclipse RCP development (Java 5) called HiperionCAD.
- Directed the team towards the best genetic algorithm implementation to use, as the last was also the subject of my final graduation project.
- Implemented the solution to find the optimal network components configuration using GA.
- Co-authored a paper published in an international conference relevant to the subject.
- Developed a chart generation module for another solution that processes industrial machinery vibration noise (providing live issue identification) using the .NET framework.