Verified Expert in Engineering
Jira, Git, RubyMine, OS X, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a top 60 Y Combinator company for the mortgage industry, with a complicated architecture and sophisticated business processes.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Led the development of a high-performance, reliable, and secure Rails-based back end.
- Participated actively in building and maintaining a SPA front end with dozens of pages full of complex business logic.
- Automated the deployment with Elastic Beanstalk and Terraform.
- Bootstrapped a new GraphQL API that allowed making a majority of server requests run in less than 0.2ms.
- Established E2E testing with Capybara, which reduced the number of bugs to almost zero.
- Contributed actively to setting up a CI/CD pipeline.
- Created the back-end for a mobile application and managed the complete project cycle.
- Worked on a marketplace for used car parts in Germany.
- Built a massive project with sophisticated business logic used by thousands of enterprise users daily.
- Developed accounting functionality integrated with QuickBooks Online.
- Worked on a multi-tier architecture of the project.
- Implemented project billing.
- Built software for a home automation (powered by Z-Wave) hub based on Raspberry Pi.
- Created a JuJu charm for deploying Rails applications in collaboration with a team from Canonical.
- Worked on a web education platform for a Belgian university.
- Worked on a control panel for deploying and managing popular software stacks in AWS.
- Built an online tool for searching and analyzing genome sequence data.
- Created a plugin for Sublime Text with thousands of installations.
I led the software development process and handled back- and front-end development and deployment automation.
Some of the challenging things: billing, integration with Quickbooks, Google, Mixpanel and other APIs, responsive email layout, zero-downtime deployment, etc.
Technologies used include Ruby on Rails, a slice of the AWS stack, Opscode Chef, and AngularJS.
Social Media Link
Mercer Financial Wellness
Technologies used include Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Docker, SQS, Parse, and MongoDB.
Technologies used include Ruby on Rails, OpenVPN, and Z-Wave library.
Technologies used include Ruby on Rails, RabbitMQ, Google Wallet, NCBI Blast, and Sphinx.
AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap, Capybara, Juju, Ember.js, Angular
Mixpanel API, Twilio API, Stripe API, QuickBooks API, jQuery, HelloSign API, Google API, Backbone.js, Prawn, NgRx, NgRx/store
wkhtmltopdf, Capistrano, RSpec, RabbitMQ, Chef, Terraform, RubyMine, Git, Jira, Ansible, CircleCI
AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Docker, Mailgun, OS X
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, CouchDB
PDF, APIs, RESTful Web Services, HexaPDF, SAML-auth, Apache Cassandra, Workflow
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Yanka Kupala (Grodno State University) - Grodno, Belarus