C++ Developer in Montreal, QC, Canada
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2016Hola
- Developed code to transform MP4 and WebM video streams to be acceptable for MSE (Media Source Extension).
- Created custom modifications in libavcodec/VLC to enable playback in low-end devices.
- Worked on the back-end of one of the world's largest free VPN networks.
Senior Software Engineer2009 - 2015Summit-Tech
Technologies: C++, VoIP, IMS, SIP, Messaging, Win32, WinCE, WinRT, iOS, Android/JNI, Symbian
- Consulted for Ericsson Canada, Ericsson Federal (USA), R&D 3GSM services (C++).
- US DoD R&D projects for Oceus Networks - Worked as the lead developer for multiple projects related to IMS/VoIP end user clients.
- Led the development in multiple projects for customers like Vodafone, Verizon, Telcel, and Quanta.
- Developed a SIP/VoIP stack used by mobile phone carriers.
- Handled real-time voice/video communication code.
- Developed one of the market's first validated implementations of RCS/VoLTE IR.92/IR.94 GSMA specs.
Senior Software Engineer2006 - 2009Ericsson Canada
Technologies: C++, IMS, SIP, Win32
- Worked on R&D projects and Ericsson's SIP stack.
- Designed and developed communication clients for Windows Desktop and Windows Mobile phones.
Software Engineer2001 - 2006Long Distance Calling
Technologies: H.323, OpenH323, GnuGk, C++, Perl, PHP, MySQL, FreeRADIUS
- Worked on a GnuGk-based telephony gateway project.
- Implemented telephony billing system in Perl running as a module in a FreeRADIUS server.
- Implemented a web-based interface in PHP for users to see their call detail records.
- Wrote a PC-based dialer application using an OpenH323 library.
- Configured a MySQL database as the back-end database for the telephony server.
- joyn by Vodafone (Development)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlkuLO0781k
As one of the leading software engineers, I worked on joyn by Vodafone VoIP/messaging clients.
I handled the complete real-time voice and video communication pipeline for the client including encoding and decoding voice/video on different devices with specific optimizations.
I also was in charge of common C++ IMS/SIP stack development as well as NDK code binding for Android devices.
- Military Client for Mobile Stations and Command Center Software (Development)https://youtu.be/ky6bNu704TU?t=40
This was used by the US DoD (Department of Defense). I developed most of the software for mobile stations and the command control center.
As part of mobile client development, I developed a custom code loader for Windows mobile devices.
I was in charge of making the client military grade stable. Years later, the feedback was that there wasn't a single instability case reported.
ToolsAndroid NDK, GCC
OtherVoIP, H.264, Audio Codecs, Video Codecs, SIP
Libraries/APIsWebRTC, FFmpeg, Libav, libVLC, jQuery, Node.js
FrameworksBoost, Qt, JNI