Verified Expert in Engineering
Pawel's specialty is growing complex web and mobile apps from scratch to feature-rich products that are a joy to use. He does this by leading small yet highly impactful teams and as an individual contributor. Over the past decade, Pawel has worked with companies ranging from startups and game development studios to FTSE 100 corporations. Broad exposure to seemingly unrelated industries allows Pawel to identify useful patterns quickly and find connections that are not immediately obvious.
Screen.so, Trello, Jira, Sketch, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Google Hangouts, Git, Slack, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed recently is a side-project experimental app that allows users to set up video conferences in a 2D world governed by server-side physics.
- Invented and architected an audio and video virtual meeting platform used by over 35,000 people, including teams from companies like Walmart, Google, GitHub, and Ford.
- Developed the core solution from scratch to a fully functional and feature-rich platform through multiple iterations with a group of beta users and early adopters.
- Built a back-end instance that allows for highly-optimized spatial audio and video conferencing within a game-like environment and can support large meetings and virtual events at a low cost.
- Created a performant video-meeting rendering view using PixiJS and HTML5 canvas that achieves 60fps on a majority of devices while mixing game-like interactivity with collaboration and video-meeting functionality.
- Built static website components using Next.js, React, and styled-components. Optimized the pages for SEO.
- Integrated online payments via Stripe for monthly subscriptions and one-off payments.
- Built a highly granular access-control system that allows for the management of large virtual events with multiple user roles.
Teach Lead and Senior Software Engineer (Contract)
- Led and architected a mobile app and legacy integration project that impacted the existing process with a 3.1x improvement. Built back-end services from scratch that handled integrations, push notifications, and REST APIs.
- Rapidly developed MVPs of web applications for multiple business branches, using React, Node.js, REST, GraphQL, and CosmosDB, along with native mobile solutions, using Swift.
- Set up CI/CD and deployments to Kubernetes clusters hosted in Azure, using Docker, Helm, and CircleCI.
- Took an active role in interviewing developers and data scientists.
Senior Software Engineer (Contract)
Newcross Healthcare Solutions
- Built a mobile app that allowed Newcross staff to move from multiple paper-based processes to a single digital process. It was built using React Native and Redux.
- Ensured a high test coverage for the solution using Jest and Enzyme.
- Integrated analytics that provided clarity on how the app was used.
Senior Software Engineer (Contract)
- Led the development and distribution of Barchick's native iOS app (Swift), used by 3,000 passionate users. The main features were a chat/concierge, curated content, and "near me" functionality.
- Developed a custom, internal business data metrics system and tools for managing app content.
- Built core features for chat messaging (Docker, Node.js, and Firebase) and a web admin interface (React).
Software Engineer (iOS)
- Turned the first initial version into a feature-rich native app (Swift) used by 4,000+ beta users. The most interesting features included a full-featured email client, real-time chat, and a file management solution with cloud integrations.
- Handled automated builds, app distribution, and analytics.
WeR Interactive Ltd
- Developed a mobile game that acted as a second screen source of entertainment for football matches.
- Worked heavily with HTML5 Canvas, optimizing the performance of the gameplay experience.
- Developed several real-time data visualizations and internal tools.
Flat.social | Spatial Video Meetingshttps://flat.social
A demo can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO9o1DobMzs
The content is AI-generated using ChatGPT API endpoints.
PixiJS, Next.js, Redux, React Native, Jest, UIKit, Core Data, Express.js
Node.js, Firebase Web SDK, WebGL, jQuery, React, Socket.IO, WebRTC, REST APIs, API Development, OpenCV, D3.js, React Redux, Sockets, Stripe
GitHub, Canvas, Figma, Auto Layout, Fastlane, Slack, Git, Google Hangouts, Sketch, Jira, Trello, Blender, Chrome Developer Tools
REST, UX Design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Full-stack, Back-end, MVP Design, Software Engineering, Full-stack Development, Dashboards, Algorithms, Software Architecture, Styled-components, Mediasoup, Matter.js, Architecture, Technical Leadership, CI/CD Pipelines, Product Leadership, APIs, Leadership, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Visualization, Enterprise Architecture, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Web Development, HTML Canvas, Screen.so, SaaS, Optimization, Game Development, Video Streaming, Audio Streaming, Video Conferencing, Game Physics, Page Speed Optimization, User Interface (UI), User Interviews, OpenAI GPT-3 API
Firebase, Mixpanel, Kubernetes, Linux, Docker, iOS, Azure, MacOS, DigitalOcean, Dokku, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB
Bachelor of Science Degree (Hons) in Artificial Intelligence
University of Aberdeen - Aberdeen, United Kingdom