Verified Expert in Engineering
Paweł (Paul) has over 17 years of web development experience and has been passionately developing Drupal-based applications since 2008, including all types of projects like social sites, eCommerce, and project management systems, non-profits, and rich business websites. He has worked with teams of all sizes and numerous clients, including the United Nations, the University of Warsaw, and various US web development agencies.
GitHub, Drupal, PhpStorm, Windows
The most amazing...
...things I've coded were Drupal-based apps that were complex, feature-rich, and long-term challenging projects with great teams working on them together.
Web Developer | Designer
RWK Solves IT
- Worked continuously for the RWK Solves IT agency, located in US; where I handled all the Drupal-related work.
- Worked on various projects, including whole new websites and redesigning existing ones.
- Converted custom-coded PHP sites into Drupal sites.
- Developed an eCommerce website for selling plants.
- Implemented Google Maps integrations and custom module programming.
Senior Developer | Partner
- Worked for a Maryland-based web agency where I handled the planning systems and wrote programming estimates.
- Communicated with clients and understood their needs, subsequently building client sites with PHP and Drupal with an eye towards quality, sustainable code and pixel perfection according to the prepared designs.
- Handled many projects for which I developed either the front-end or back-end or both.
- Implemented a social website (using Drupal 7) allowing students seeking sport opportunities to register and connect with universities from the UK and US who were offering international sport training and scholarships. The application allowed users/universities to register, build and view profiles, search and interact with others, send messages, bookmark, follow students and universities, and more.
- Developed a social website allowing people to recommend places to visit or service providers—all related to a healthy lifestyle. The application allowed registered users to add recommendations, rank, comment, browse and search the directory, and stay more healthy.
- Developed many eCommerce websites in Drupal for a variety of industries: retail, fitness-related products, art pieces, and more.
- Understood and implemented Drupal eCommerce best practices.
- Created a custom project management website based on Drupal with lots of custom functionality coded inside custom modules.
- Handled the creation of a variety of mail layouts including implementing Drupal newsletters with templates.
Web Developer | Designer
- Managed a high number of website projects to the client's satisfaction—helping them specify, architect, and build web-based solutions to meet their business and organizational goals.
- Worked on the following: web development, web design, print materials, brand identity, and advertising materials.
- Provide top-quality Drupal services including those related to custom module development, API programming, theme development, and performance tuning.
- Utilized my knowledge about Drupal contributed modules and their use cases.
- Implemented Drupal best practices and code standards.
- Served clients as their technical architect, technical project manager, needs analyst, strategic partner, designer, programmer and generally tool builder.
- Met client needs with solutions in the following areas: design, Drupal development, information technology, web applications, and training clients.
- Helped clients effectively use technology to achieve their business and organizational goals.
Web Developer | Designer
- Worked on company websites continuously since 2004 as a full-stack developer. The work included project management, programming, designing, and other tasks required to complete the projects with a high attention to detail.
- Developing two Drupal public sites and one intranet project management application.
- Implemented a feature-rich ASP.NET and C# intranet application for managing and searching through the company's archive projects. At some point, I rewrote the application using Drupal 7 framework and imported all the data from a MS SQL database.
- Worked on company projects related to geographical locations. Imported those locations from Google Earth files into nodes within the project management app using custom import scripts.
- Integrated the project management application with Google Maps to allow the management of map positions and polygons. This allows site users to search for archived projects by clicking on the map displayed by Drupal Views which causes nearby projects to show up. I also integrated the app with Google Charts.
- Customized many areas of Drupal including core forms.
- Made use of XML-RPC and also of feeds to allow separate sites to communicate with each other and pull external data.
- Created great and easy-to-use tools for site managers.
United Nations State of the World Population Report 2016http://www.unfpa.org/swop
United Nations Annual Report 2015http://www.unfpa.org/annual-report
Museum Of Polohttp://www.polomuseum.com/
Drupal API, Google Maps API, jQuery, jQuery Plugins, jQuery UI, Google Chart API
Adobe Photoshop, GitHub, PhpStorm, Drush, Adobe Illustrator, Flash
Drupal 7, Drupal 6, Drupal, Windows, WordPress, Adobe Suite, Linux
Project Management, Web Design
Front-end, Web UX, Web Development, PSD to Drupal, App UI, Modeling
Procedural Programming, Functional Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Concurrent Programming
Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
Master's Degree in Programming Business Applications
Polish-Japanese Academy of Information Technology - Warsaw, Poland
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
Warsaw School of Computer Science - Warsaw, Poland
Certificate of Completion in English Courses
Bow Valley College - Calgary, AB, Canada