Verified Expert in Engineering
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Developer
Pawel is an experienced AI engineer and PhD researcher working in the IT business with enterprise customers from the US and Europe. He has a strong R&D and full-stack background and has integrated software systems in many industries heavily involved in real AI and robotics. Pawel has worked with C++ and C# since the beginning of his career, as well as semantic technologies and machine learning for many years.
C#, TensorFlow, Pandas, NumPy, Visual Studio, .NET, C++, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Science, Python
The most amazing...
...thing I've led was the development of full-stack software for a social robot.
American Woodmark - Main
- Developed a Python library for computer vision/6D-pose estimation (a depth sensor, a point cloud, the Cobot API) with necessary algebra and transformations, working part- and full-time as a robotics engineer.
- Built simplified spatial data visualization for debugging the solution.
- Tested with different robots/cobots and camera setups. Simplified and automated the production calibration setup.
Senior Data Engineer
- Designed data models, worked on rapid prototyping, developed back-end solutions, and supported production and product management teams.
- Developed new ML algorithms and experiments: classification, regression, anomaly detection, and clustering.
- Designed data architecture and implemented data flow processes using Azure Data Factory, Databricks, and Python.
Lead Developer | Lead Scientist
- Designed technical requirements for the development team, planning and documenting technical specifications for features or system design; designed, built, and configured applications to meet business process and application requirements.
- Was in charge of directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications, writing testable, scalable, and efficient code and leading code reviews and mentoring team members, and ensuring quality standards.
- Developed key experiments for machine learning with TensorFlow and Scikit frameworks.
- Built ML prototype and production-ready projects for third-party customers. I worked on reporting and delivery.
Lead Developer | Co-founder
Lead Developer, Co-founder
- Worked on Cognitum, a W3C member, that delivers smart data analytics and data science for various industries such as space and defense, health, and gov in partnership with Microsoft, IBM, and Cognizant.
- Managed projects for customers like Airbus, European Space Agency. Led PoC projects for key customers. Raised VC money and managed shareholders. I worked on business development, tender management, product development, and led C++/C#.
- Worked with the development team on desktop/server for Semantic Server product (OWL/SWRL/CNL).
- Raised VC money and managed shareholders, did business development, tender management, product development, H2020, and national research programs.
- Did comprehensive software development management for B2B projects for international customers, based in Samsung Europe Research and Development Center.
- Worked on project scheduling, reporting, and monitoring within the multinational team.
- Onsite-supported foreign customers across Europe and Asia.
Group Leader | Software Engineer
- Acted as a group leader and software engineer; C++ code inspector. I was responsible for the quality of source code and architectural issues.
- Awarded as "Most Innovative Engineer of Year 2006" and “Outstanding Performer in 2008” Managing Director’s Award.
- Managed developers’ team within the technical area.
AI/ML for Psychometric Targeting
I worked on AI-based models based on human digital traits on the internet combined with personality traits such as OCEAN and BIG5. Such a psychometric estimation system allows for better ad targeting according to the user's personality; models train on 16+ thousand user data collected from huge research studies in Poland.
Commercial application deployed to several business and industrial customers.
AI-powered Interactive Social Robot Software Frameworkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9TZUmvTeiQ
AI-powered social robot with vision, speech, tts, asr, all powered by NVidia edge computer dedicated for robotic applications.
We have built custom AI models for low-level mechatronics control, robot perception (middleware), and enhanced SDK/API exposed for behavioral programming with .NET.
Another video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps3JmJAyPfs
The project got the second prize at the SmartToys contest by the United Arab Emirates government and World Economic Forum in 2021.
Ontology Editor with Natural Languagehttps://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Fluent_Editor
It is fully compatible with most of the Semantic Web W3C standards—OWL, RDF, SPARQL, SKOS—but at the same time has an intuitive user interface that uses the Ontorion Controlled Natural Language (OCNL). It is a human-friendly alternative to XML ontology languages like OWL or RDF but is completely compatible with OWL2, RDF, and SWRL. Furthermore, the OCNL can also be used as a query language compatible with SPARQL.
A successful tool used today in many heavy industry companies leveraging ontologies and semantics.
.NET Core, .NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Realtime
TensorFlow, OpenCV, Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, OWL API, Google Vision API, DeepSpeech, Matplotlib, TensorFlow Deep Learning Library (TFLearn)
Data Science, Management, Agile Project Management, Business Intelligence (BI), Agile Software Development, Variational Methods
Azure, Linux, Xamarin, Raspbian, Raspberry Pi, STM32, Databricks, RStudio, NVIDIA CUDA, Windows, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Android
MySQL, NoSQL, Azure SQL, Azure Blobs, Google Cloud
Software Engineering, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Data Analysis, Software Development, Convolutional Neural Networks, Deep Neural Networks, Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Scripting, APIs, Feature Engineering, Classification Algorithms, Regression Modeling, Linear Regression, Data Preprocessing, Multithreading, Data Processing, Mathematics, Data Analytics, OpenAI GPT-3 API, OpenAI GPT-4 API, OpenAI API, Business Cases, Cognitive Science, Cognitive Computing, Cognitive Psychology, Artificial General Intelligence (AGI), Robotics, Data Engineering, Web Development, ESP32, Computer Vision Algorithms, Sensors & Actuators, Control Systems, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Recommendation Systems, Optimization, A/B Testing, Pattern Recognition, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), Sensor Data, USB, Time Series Analysis, Forecasting, Data Visualization, Statistics, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), BERT, Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3 (GPT-3), Hardware Design, Marketing Mix, Internet of Things (IoT), Electronics, Apache Cassandra, Robot Operating System (ROS), Sequence Models, Predictive Learning, Predictive Analytics, Predictive Modeling, Regression, Logistic Regression, Text Classification, Classification, Time Series, Decision Trees, Decision Modeling, Decision Tree Regression, Generative Research, Variational Autoencoders, Loss Modeling, Predictive Text, Generative Systems, Linear Algebra
Visual Studio, WPF 3D, Dialogflow, Spreadsheets, Microsoft Excel, Jetson TX2, Azure Machine Learning, TensorBoard
Ph.D. in Cognitive Science/Human-Robot Interactions
SWPS University - Warsaw
Master of Business Administration in Bussiness Management
Oxford Brookes University - Oxford
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Warsaw University of Technology - Warsaw
TensorFlow: Advanced Techniques
TensorFlow Developer Certification
Microsoft Professional Program – Data Science