CSS3 Developer in Porto, Portugal
Co-founder and CTO2014 - PRESENTB-Parts
- Created an online car parts business from scratch to profitability.
- Managed a developer team of five.
- Raised seed funding, created strategic partnerships, and worked in business development.
- Developed both client and reseller storefronts.
- Created the OMS and CRM back-office in Angular 2.0.
- Deployed web and Android applications for supplier stock upload and management.
- Integrated with support, invoicing, payments, and other suppliers’ applications.
- Optimized for SEO.
- Enabled i18n and l10n.
Mobile Engineer2012 - PRESENTGlazed Solutions, Lda.
- Developed several iPhone and iPad apps, including apps for media and event sharing, a virtual paper-chase app with redeemable discounts, and media content apps for soccer clubs.
- Developed an Android app for sports gamification and location tracking.
- Developed Django back-ends and APIs for several apps with features such as media management, multiple authentication methods, privacy-aware search, and smart notifications systems.
- Worked in a team using Agile software development methodologies.
Back-end Developer2017 - 2017Rep.uk
Technologies: Flask, Heroku, Python PostgreSQL
- Worked on a grade comparison application for UK schools.
- Joined front-end and back-end Git repositories.
- Refactored existing codebase and database to split features from existing app.
- Integrated the new application with the previous app's API to fetch school information.
- Deployed the application to Heroku.
Back-end and API Developer2017 - 2017GroHappy
Technologies: Django, Django REST Framework, MySQL, AWS, Elastic Beanstalk, Ubuntu
- Created an enterprise learning and coaching platform.
- Developed the courses and content management back-office.
- Built a dynamic evaluation forms creator.
- Created the automatic course recommendation system.
- Programmed an API for a single-page app.
- Deployed to AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
Mobile and Web Developer2016 - 2017Espo 2016, EAFPS, and Sporl Congresses
- Developed a multi-tenant medicine conference app for three clients.
- Deployed iOS, Android, and Windows Phone apps to corresponding app stores.
- Built features for agendas, posters, papers, competitions, speakers, and schedule management.
- Implemented venue and party listings.
- Created a user private agenda planner.
- Created back-end with an API and back-office to manage content.
- Deployed application to Microsoft’s Azure.
Co-founder and Lead Web Developer2013 - 2014Net Peças
- Created reverse auction store for used car parts.
- Developed an email parser to send logistics notifications.
- Build a suppliers back-office to upload their stock and price.
- Added Google Analytics integration.
- Raised funding in six months.
Co-founder and Web Developer2012 - 2013Amanhã Global
- Developed a daily event listing platform.
- Built local based event listings.
- Created a promoter’s back-office for events management.
- Integrated with Facebook for event crawling and sharing.
- Deployed to Ubuntu VM.
Software Engineer2012 - 2012ALERT Life Sciences Computing, S.A.
Technologies: ActionScript 2.0, Oracle DB
- Reformulated the medical software module.
- Developed a front-end with ActionScript 2.0 and a back-end with Oracle DB.
- Redesigned and optimized database module schema.
- Implemented domain-specific features such as institutional profiles for professionals, specialty consultation requests, and an optimized initial specialty appointments process.
Software Engineer2011 - 2011Porto24
Technologies: Java, Android, XML, JSON, PHP, SQL
- Developed an Android application for the aggregation of cultural event and venues.
- Created API methods for accessing a legacy database with a PHP back-end.
- Designed and developed a system to filter and serve geolocated content.
- Used Google Maps API to create a customized map and markers, including a directions feature.
- Incorporated phone contacts and integrated social networks.
- Questular (Development)
Questular is an interactive game that gives users a unique tour of their city. Users follow clues on their phone to uncover fun details about the cities, upload pictures and videos of themselves to the app website, and win points and fame.
- Treasured (Development)http://www.treasured.com/
Treasured is an online memory box, where users can store, organize and share memories.
- Amanha.pt (Development)
City based and daily events listing platform. Promoters can upload events on our platform, and Users would visit to check what to do tomorrow in a city.
- Netpecas.pt (Development)http://netpecas.pt/
Reversed auction for used car parts. Workshops can request for a part online, and registered suppliers could make an offer for that request. Requests would last two days, and within that time users may purchase any of the bids.
- B-Parts.com (Development)https://www.b-parts.com/
Online store for used car parts for workshops, and a CMS for scrapyards. These could upload and manage their stock with a web or Android application. That stock would than be showed in our store, and international storefronts like eBay. Also, there is a Back-office for managing both workshops and scrapyards, with help from an CRM developed specially for the call center.
- Grohappy.co.uk (Development)http://www.grohappy.co.uk/
A platform that helps employees unlock their potential. By answering some questions, Grohappy suggests it’s users tutorials or other activities to develop their skills.
- Espo, Sporl and EAFPS (Development)
Mobile applications for three medical congresses. Presented congress information, allowed promoters to manage their agenda, speakers and posters list. Users could also plan their personal agenda for the event.
- Rep.uk (Development)
An application that rates students based on their performance and their school’s average on that year. Also helps companies find great talent based on students score.
FrameworksDjango REST Framework, Angular, Django, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
PlatformsAWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS EC2, Linux, iOS, Android
StorageMySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Master's degree in Software Engineering2011 - 2012San Jose State University - San Jose, California
- Master's degree in Computer Science2007 - 2012Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto - Porto, Portugal