Senior DevOps2019 - PRESENTToptal Project
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Bash, PHP, Bitbucket, GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, AWS, Groovy, Java
- Built a DevOps software solution with AWS CodeCommit and AWS CodeDeploy for maintaining Groovy microservices pipelines and allowing the execution of automated tests using docker based on branch name with AWS CloudFormation.
- Build a DevOps software solution with AWS Cloudformation to deploy a PHP microservices application to AWS ECS with BASH.
- Created an AWS CodeCommit to trigger builds in Jenkins for a Java PCI-DSS application hosted in AWS. Once the Jenkins build was complete, it was initiated with AWS CodeDeploy taking JAR files from AWS S3 and deploying them to EC2 instances.
Senior DevOps Software Engineer Team Lead2019 - PRESENTEGT Interactive
Technologies: Jenkins, MySQL, GlassFish, Docker, Java
- Built microservice architecture and CI/CD architecture from scratch.
- Revamped all old architecture with GlassFish to run in Docker containers.
- Updated all Ansible roles and improved the maintenance procedure.
- Built the Git workflow and integrated it into the CI/CD pipelines.
- Built front-end CI/CD architecture for games. This involves far more complex challenges than what is normally found with software products.
- The GIT workflow includes also release logic done with Jenkins on Git Tag Push, you get a container with the tag.
- Completed documentation for every aspect of the DevOps solution, created with a proposal, then PoC, and then implementation. This way, the CTO would have a clear view of future implementation and approve/change logic.
Senior DevOps Software Engineer2017 - 2019Endava
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), RHEL, Fluentd, ELK (Elastic Stack), Apache Ignite, MariaDB, MongoDB, AWS CloudFormation, Docker, Bash, AWS, OSGi, Spring
- Built a .NET Sitecore CI and CD pipeline for https://www.randa.org/ hosted in AWS within three months. I used the Git workflow integration and utilized AWS CloudFormation PowerShell automation to provision the Sitecore application stack.
- Automated the build and deployment of NuGet packages with JetBrains TeamCity, and Octopus Deploy. The stack ran on Windows 2012 servers with PowerShell DSC modules.
- Succeeded in dropping the Sitecore CloudFormation application stack provision time to 47 seconds. It took 16 minutes for the building and deploying of the Sitecore NuGet packages. This was done with Octopus.
- Developed a small Java SpringBoot project with image recognition in under two weeks. The development environment was created with Docker-Compose. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citizenwatch.android&hl=bg.
- Built, deployed, and ran performance tests in BASH.
- Created a payment gateway monolith with Java Spring, OSGI, MariaDB, Apache Karaf, Apache Ignite, ELK stack, and Docker. https://concardis.com/.
- Oversaw performance improvements on the Docker and MariaDB layers.
- Analyzed and proposed moving the monolith architecture to a microservice involving Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, and a MongoDB cluster.
- Excluded PCI-DSS-related services to separate the network, lowering the scope of the PCI-DSS audit to be done only on particular microservices.
Senior DevOps Engineer2016 - 2017eMerchantPay
Technologies: Cluster, MariaDB, VMware ESXi, Puppet, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Built a local development environment used by software engineers to deploy source code changes and run a payment gateway application stack.
- Reverse engineered clones of all VMs part of the staging Devenv. Connected all of them to a PuppetMaster using Puppet2 architecture, as this was the original setup done from the datacenter engineers.
- Wrote Jenkins files to allow developers to independently deploy different services on the local Devenv with server-lock during deployment, and automated unlock after the QA tests were completed.
- Fixed all pre- and post-deployment issues, providing the company with a fully automated way to deploy to all environments (development, staging, and production) using Jenkins files.
- Created a Docker development environment with one container used only for Ruby Gems cache, allowing a quick rebuild of all modules which improved the development process on the stage.
- Managed a team of two DevOps engineers. Guided them in the application stack architecture, and provided knowledge on different problem debugging techniques.
Senior DevOps Software Engineer2015 - 2016SoftServe
Technologies: Jenkins, Apache ZooKeeper, Spring, Nginx, Apache Spark, Puppet, Cassandra, Java
- Built a complex API gateway with Nginx that was managed from a Java daemon, allowing a dynamic API key rate limit and scaling based on the load of the particular cluster of Nginx machines.
- Developed tools to improve the ability to rapidly deploy, and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Designed cross data center worldwide systems with a high availability mindset.
- Built an automated ETL (in this case DB anonymization) process to provide developers the ability to always be able to do performance tests with the latest production data.
- Integrated EU GDPR rules in emoDB for Bazaarvoice.
- Migrated the project from Puppet3 to Puppet4.
System Specialist2012 - 2015Comptel
Technologies: Artifactory, Mercurial, Perl, Bash, Windows PowerShell, PHP, Jenkins, Groovy, RHEL, VMware ESXi
- Installed, configured, maintained, troubleshot, and optimized Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, VMware ESXi, and HA environments.
- Wrote custom tools on Groovy, PHP, PowerShell, Bash, and Perl to improve the internal IT and development environments.
- Troubleshot and optimized GIT, and SVN-like software version control.
- Built three site Artifactory clusters.
- Built a Groovy confluence and Jira plugin that provisioned VMware virtual machines to help the Comptel support engineers create customer environments such as RHEL with OracleDB and Java JDK via a drop-down menu in Confluence.
System Administrator2011 - 2012MochaHost
Technologies: Apache Tomcat, CentOS, cPanel, PHP, Perl
- Built a cPanel plugin to deploy Java WAR files in shared hosting accounts.
- Deployed PERL automations to clean old, shared web hosting accounts.
- Created a Puppet automation to provision and manage CentOS virtual machines used for shared web hosting servers.
Linux System Administrator2009 - 2011ResellersPanel
Technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Puppet, Bash, cPanel, Perl, Debian, CentOS
- Implemented Puppet automation for managing shared web hosting servers.
- Initiated PERL automation for provisioning cPanel servers.
- Developed PostgreSQL triggers to help manage the shared web hosting customer plans.
- Implemented MySQL clusters to manage the payments of the resellers of the shared hosting account.