Senior DevOps Software Engineer2017 - 2019Endava
Technologies: Java Spring, OSGI, Sitecore, NuGet, AWS, PowerShell, BASH, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Docker, AWS CloudFormation, MongoDB, MariaDB, Apache Ignite, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, FluentD, Search Guard, RHEL
- Buil a Sitecore CI and CD pipeline for https://www.randa.org/ hosted in AWS within three months.
- Utilized AWS CloudFormation PowerShell automation to provision the Sitecore application stack. The stack ran on Windows 2012 servers, with PowerShell DSC modules.
- Automated the build and deployment of NuGet packages with JetBrains TeamCity and Octopus Deploy. Тhe Sitecore CloudFormation application stack provision time dropped to 47 seconds. It took 16 minutes for the building and deploying of the Sitecore NuGet packages. This was done with Octopus.
- Developed a small Java SpringBoot project with image recognition in under two weeks. The development environment was created with docker-compose. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citizenwatch.android&hl=bg.
- Built, deployed, and ran performance tests in BASH.
- Created a payment gateway monolith with Java Spring, OSGI, MariaDB, Apache Karaf, Apache Ignite, ELK stack, and Docker. https://concardis.com/.
- Oversaw performance improvements on the Docker and MariaDB layers.
- Planned and executed three months' migration of the development environment, providing developers the ability to independently build and deploy the whole application stack on both development environments (old and new), and ensure the smooth progress of the project.
- Analyzed and proposed moving the monolith architecture to a microservice one, involving Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, and MongoDB Cluster.
- Excluded PCI-DSS related services to separate the network, thus lowering the scope of the PCI-DSS audit to be done only on particular microservices.
- Replaced the ELK stack with Elasticsearch and Search Guard (due to PCI-DSS compliance). Kibana and Fluentd were used to lower the hardware requirements of the Log Aggregator Nodes. This allowed them to satisfy more than one application including Devenv, UAT, and the ProdEnv service load.
- Successfully passed PCI-DSS audit on the new infrastructure.
- Actively participated in building the local DevOps discipline in Endava, Sofia.
- Built the DevOps hiring template and process.
Senior DevOps Engineer2016 - 2017eMerchantPay
Technologies: Ruby On Rails, Puppet, VMware ESXi, MariaDB Galera Cluster
- Built a local development environment used by software engineers to deploy source code changes and run a payment gateway application stack.
- Reverse engineered clones of all VMs part of the staging Devenv. Connected all of them to a PuppetMaster using Puppet2 architecture, as this was the original setup done from the datacenter engineers.
- Wrote Jenkins files to allow developers to independently deploy different services on the local Devenv with server-lock during deployment, and automated unlock after the QA tests were completed.
- Fixed all pre, and post-deployment issues, providing the company with a fully automated way to deploy to all environments (development, staging, and production) using Jenkins files.
- Created a Docker development environment with one container used only for Ruby Gems cache, allowing a quick rebuild of all modules which improved the development process on the stage.
- Managed a team of two DevOps engineers. Guided them in the application stack architecture, and provided knowledge on different problem debugging techniques.
Senior DevOps Software Engineer2015 - 2016SoftServe
Technologies: Java, Cassandra NoSQL, Puppet, Apache Spark, Nginx, Spring, Apache ZooKeeper, Jenkins
- Built a complex API gateway with Nginx that was managed from a Java daemon, allowing a dynamic API key rate limit and scaling based on the load of the particular cluster of Nginx machines.
- Developed tools to improve the ability to rapidly deploy, and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Designed Cross Data Center world-wide systems with a high availability mindset.
- Built an automated ETL (in this case DB anonymization) process to provide developers the ability to always be able to do performance tests with the latest production data.
- Integrated EU GDPR rules in emoDB for Bazaarvoice.
- Migrated the project from Puppet3 to Puppet4.
System Specialist2012 - 2015Comptel
Technologies: VMware ESXi, RHEL, Groovy, Jenkins, PHP, PowerShell, BASH, Perl, Mercurial, Artifactory
- Installed, configured, maintained, troubleshoot, and optimized Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, VMware ESXi, and HA environments.
- Wrote custom tools on Groovy, PHP, PowerShell, Bash, and Perl to improve the internal IT and development environments.
- Troubleshoot and optimized GIT, and SVN-like software version control.
- Built three site Artifactory clusters.
- Built a Groovy confluence and Jira plugin that provisioned VMware virtual machines to help the Comptel support engineers create customer environments such as RHEL with OracleDB and Java JDK via a drop-down menu in Confluence.
System Administrator2011 - 2012MochaHost
Technologies: Perl, PHP, cPanel, CentOS, Apache Tomcat
- Built a cPanel plugin to deploy Java WAR files in shared hosting accounts.
- Built PERL automations to clean old, shared web hosting accounts.
- Built PERL automations to clean hacked, shared hosting accounts.
- Built a Puppet automation to provision and manage CentOS virtual machines used for shared web hosting servers.
Linux System Administrator2009 - 2011ResellersPanel
Technologies: CentOS, Debian, Perl, cPanel, BASH, Puppet, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Implemented Puppet automation for managing shared web hosting servers.
- Implemented PERL automation for provisioning cPanel servers.
- Implemented PostgreSQL triggers to help manage the shared web hosting customer plans.
- Implemented MySQL clusters for managing the payments of the resellers of the shared hosting account.