Python Developer in Bethesda, MD, United States
Software Developer2015 - PRESENTNational Institutes of Health
- Created a number of mission-critical public web services for the largest open library of medicine in the world.
- Organized top-notch development process and environment with CI/CD, auto-generated documentation, and deployment orchestration.
- Designed a clean public API with extensive developer documentation and a simple onboarding process.
Software Developer2013 - 2015Yandex
- Designed and implemented a number of web services in an extensive multi-tier project.
- Integrated and beta-tested some of perspective company products.
- Designed and implemented gamification elements to enhance user experience and increase customer retention.
Software Developer2011 - 2015Space Experimental Design Bureau Mars
Technologies: Python, C++, SQL
- Refactored and documented a standard library for an embedded spacecraft system.
- Created a toolset for the modernization of legacy software using statistical testing.
- Participated in the advancement of navigational algorithms for the most efficient space rocket upper stage.
- GrantHub (Development)https://api.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/granthub/
A database and API for open health-science-related grants.
- NIH Manuscript Submissions System (Development)https://www.nihms.nih.gov/
An interface for individual scientists and publishers to submit manuscripts for inclusion in PubMed Central library.
- PubMed Central Publisher Portal (Development)https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/publisherportal/
A journal submission interface for publishers who want to participate in the NIH Public Access policy.
FrameworksDjango, Django REST Framework, Sphinx Documentation Generator, Flask
ToolsSaltStack, Apache Solr
ParadigmsScrum, Test-driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Testing, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Development (CD), Design Patterns, Stress Testing
OtherRESTful APIs, Debian Packaging, Domain-driven Design (DDD)
StorageMongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Master's degree in Computer Science2005 - 2011Moscow Aviation Institute - Moscow, Russia