Owner, Software Engineer, and Tech Lead2014 - PRESENTDeWeese Consulting, Inc
- Led mobile development with TDMK Digital for the LifeJourney STEM parent iOS and Android apps.
- Developed and launched Bond Intelligent Care, a video-based healthcare app for a startup working with so-fetch.
- Assisted service companies in proposal writing for government, DoD, and private contracts.
- Improved video delivery and subscriptions for an educational publisher's Ruby on Rails app.
- Led a team to create an iOS app to improve a large bank's credit card merchant services.
- Created a doctor-to-doctor communication iOS app for a large government healthcare organization.
CTO and Software Engineer2018 - 2021Funding U
- Led technical strategy for a student lending business using a novel credit decisioning algorithm.
- Managed 1 to 3 employees for the design and development of a public website, administrative website, and financial integrations.
- Led technical platform management for business processes.
- Managed data security and performed quality and security audits.
Senior iOS Developer2012 - 20143Pillar Global
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, Swift, C++, OpenGL, OpenSSL, Java, Leadership, API Integration, CSS, Xcode, Git, AWS
- Built prototypes and Capital One Wallet for Capital One, one of the first apps to work alongside Apple Pay at launch.
- Implemented improvements for a new deployment of ReadyBlue for Northrop Grumman for fleet readiness and maintenance.
- Implemented an augmented reality iOS app for Ballston BID with Vuforia, OpenGL, and Amazon S3 to allow users to take photos with Alex Ovechkin and other local athletes.
- Led the creation of the Freeway library to simplify API to view concerns required for most iOS projects.
- Managed contract completion, including bug fixing, final improvements, and deployment for Naviance Student.
- Produced documentation and provided training for Git processes, storyboarding, and Objective-C refactoring.
- Improved and delivered an app for Integrity Windows for window design and selection.
- Led a couple of months of development, hardening, and delivery of the GEICO iPad app for the famous insurance company. Released in December 2012.
Senior Software Engineer2006 - 2012Eye Street Solutions
Technologies: Java, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Objective-C, iOS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, JSON, SaaS, Linux, Ruby, API Integration, CSS, Xcode, Git, AWS
- Developed JobOn, a web application to apply for jobs by video. Improved the web app for a startup product written in RoR utilizing jQuery, Solr, Heroku, Wowza media server software, and Flash.
- Led and developed OTG Alerting, an emergency management alert and warning origination system, with an iOS front end and an RoR 3 back end. An application with JSON API to create and disseminate standard alerting protocol (CAP) XML messages through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) IPAWS open server.
- Architected, developed, and released Veporter, an iOS app for enterprise video capture and editing. The app can be customized to work directly with any enterprise’s content management system or services like YouTube.
- Developed features for a web-based product designed for third-party retirement administrators to help manage their clients’ retirement plans and accounts. Used RoR 2, Capistrano, and MySQL 5.
- Built features and resolved issues for an RoR 2 MySQL-backed URL shortening service that allows custom domains, branding, and statistics tracking.
- Implemented a FEMA program, the National Incident Management System (NIMS) Compliance Assistance Support Tool (NIMSCAST) web app, and 2007-2010 assessments and reports. It uses a Java web server and is used by government agencies nationwide.
- Developed an iOS app prototype for FEMA for emergency preparedness.
- Designed and implemented portal and Sprint network integration features for a children's cell phone service. Used XHTML, Velocity, JSP, the Spring framework with Struts MVC, JAXB, Hibernate, and Oracle 9i over Tomcat 5.
Senior Programmer and Systems Adminastrator2003 - 2006Fiserv
Technologies: Oracle, Java, webMethods, Shell, SQL, Perl, Linux, API Integration
- Provided system integration and webMethods expertise. Debugged and assisted with the development of integration processes. The company was formerly called BCE Emergis and Emergis; each was the legal owner during my tenure there.
- Built a webMethods code standards analysis and enforcement tool to track all service references across tools. The project was purchased twice while I was employed there.
- Maintained production environment for Java and webMethods and provided on-call support. Deployed and verified webMethods and Java products in production and provided debugging and support.
- Developed and maintained a fully controlled and automated webMethods configuration and code deployment process using Ant, Perl, CVS, and Bash.
Developer Support Engineer2001 - 2003webMethods
Technologies: Java, webMethods, XML, XSLT, Oracle, EDI, RosettaNet, API Integration
- Supported developers with their integrations using webMethods software. This involved education, pair development, and debugging.
- Helped Motorola, Fairfax County Government, and many enterprises run successful integrations.
- Provided on-call production support for customers.
Owner and Software Engineer2000 - 2001DeWeese Consulting, Inc
Technologies: Java, HTML, Oracle, API Integration, CSS
- Completed and deployed the screamer stock tracker Java Applet for total sum parts for Money.net.
- Developed and deployed an online warranty tracker with Total sum parts for National Electronic Warranties to be used by Amazon.com and other national chains using Java, Jakarta EE, Tomcat, Apache, and MSSQL server. Designed a co-branded system.
- Provided on-site development, automation, testing, and design to the Society of Research Administrators International (SRA) for their National Practitioner Databank (NPDB) and Healthcare Integrity and Protection Databank (HIPDB) contract.
- Used Java, Oracle, and JSP and moved it from all-in-servlets to a servlet controller and JSP display architecture.
Web-based Tool Developer | Part Time on Call1998 - 2000Quantum Research International
- Researched and prototyped a dynamic web-based statistical display tool for after-action review of metrics from military simulations using Java.
- Built presentation applets to visualize simulation concepts for DARPA proposals.
Developer | Part Time on Call1996 - 1998The MITRE Corporation
- Provided network support for a department. Implemented a backup system.
- Installed rack equipment, ethernet, and fiber cable for the Pentagon Renovation project.
- Helped prototype a battlefield tank networking project using Java and prototype 802.11 units. Developed a system using Java 1.0 that allows network agents to deploy and perform remote tasks like reconfiguring routers.