CTO | Founding Partner2014 - PRESENTMonkeyMedia Inc.
Technologies: Python, WordPress, PHP, MySQL, AdSense, AdWords, ADX
- Built 3 internet content publishing sites that have received as much as 3 million unique visitors per month.
- Created a reporting admin site that allows us to monitor our revenue vs spend in near real-time.
- Built multiple plugins to accelerate the workflow in our publishing pipeline.
- Developed a real-time session tracking system to track real-time traffic and it's sources in our reporting pages.
- Engineered a Python-based data acquisition system that uses a combination of APIs (AdSense, AdWords, DFP, and more) and website scraping to aggregate our spending and revenue across over 25 different ad partners.
CEO | Founder2005 - PRESENTTaskSolutions Inc.
Technologies: Visual C++, MySQL, jQuery, CSS, HTML, Python
- Designed, built, maintained, and marketed the TaskAnyone SaaS platform.
- Designed, built, maintained, and marketed the Checklist Windows desktop app. This app also functioned as a client for the TaskAnyone SaaS API.
- Raised a seed round financing of $250,000.
- Maintained and supported service through many upgrades and new functionality additions.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2017MGage/ColonyLogic Inc.
Technologies: Python 2.7, Django, Java, J2EE, Mongo, Oracle, SalesForce API
- Built a B2B eCommerce website.
- Integrated our commerce system with third party APIs such as Salesforce.com and QuickBooks.
- Converted a high throughput SMS back-end transaction processing engine from PL-SQL in Oracle to a scalable Java-based service.
- Updated and maintained a high performance Java/JBoss front-end server that was used to process SMS messages. Integrated this server to use a new third party technology.
- Built an Asterisk telephony system.
CEO | Founder2008 - 20134th Systems Inc.
Technologies: Visual C++, HTML, CSS
- Designed, built, maintained, and marketed a Windows-desktop based stock market training simulator called StockReflex.
- Created multiple custom stock indicators for a third party trading professional to sell to his students.
- Designed and built a powerful backtesting simulator that was used to test algorithmic trading models.
- Developed a customized real time stock/futures charting product called StockReflex RT.
- Designed and created a genetic algorithm generator for stock trading; using the backtesting module to determine genetic fitness.
- Integrated with NinjaTrader to create a retail level trading bot that would place real futures trades based on our algorithmic methodologies.
Partner | Principle Software Engineer2010 - 2011Farami
Technologies: Microsoft C#, X-Trader API
- Designed, built, and deployed a high-frequency trading application that traded spreads between futures instruments in under 2 minutes looking for arbitrage opportunities.
- Deployed a server, co-located at the DAX stock exchange.
- Monitored and analyzed trades and performance.
Senior Software Engineer & Consultant2007 - 2009STN Labs
Technologies: Microsoft C#, ASP.NET, jQuery, CSS, NetSuite, MySQL
- Built and maintained multiple eCommerce sites.
- Created the website: Flowersbysears.ca.
- Developed the site Jackmans.com.
- Built the website: Saffronrouge.com.
- Integrated the front-end of SaffronRouge with the NetSuite eCommerce and inventory functionality.
Director, Local Search Development2002 - 2005Yahoo | Overture
- Acted as the technology lead for the launch of Yahoo's LocalMatch CPC search product.
- Successfully integrated the geographic search and mapping technology that my previous company sold to Yahoo into their new LocalMatch.
- Directly managed a team of 4 agile software developers.
- Coordinated with 50 engineers across multiple engineering groups to launch the LocalMatch product.
- Collaborated with the business and product teams to define the product requirements for LocalMatch.
- Replaced a Mod_perl language processor with a high throughput C++ mini-service. Handled Yahoo's entire search volume on just a single server.
CTO | Founding Partner1999 - 2002Lasoo Inc.
- Conceptualized, designed, and implemented the world’s first geographic search engine for the internet.
- Raised $1.5 million in financing and managed a team of 15 remotely distributed engineers.
- Personally built many of the core components of Lasoo; including a world-wide map generating engine and a radius based geographic search engine.
- Successfully launched the product and negotiated it's sale to Overture/Yahoo.
- Was the only employee required to take a position at Overture/Yahoo as part of the terms of the sale.
Manager, Client Software Programming1999 - 1999X-Stream Technologies
Technologies: Visual C+
- Designed and implemented a multi-lingual content/ad delivery Internet client software browser toolbar that has been installed by over 500,000 people worldwide.
- Designed and built a language resource tracking product that allowed us to manage the translations of the text in our toolbar program.
Manager, Software Engineering1997 - 1999IQ-Media Holdings
Technologies: Visual C++, x86 Assembly
- Created the world’s fastest (at the time) PC-based flight simulator using Voxel Ray tracing Technology.
- Developed the Queen Charlotte Islands mariner multimedia/flight simulation package.
- Assisted with company's business plan development, wrote all technical business proposals, and participated in all company sales pitches.
Computer Software Engineer1993 - 1997SPAR Aerospace Ltd | NASA
Technologies: Visual C++
- Worked for NASA on a software simulation and charting system for Space Shuttle’s robotic Canadarm.
- Designed and implemented a graphing package for simulation and flight-data analysis.
- Won the Prior Data Sciences top annual award for engineering achievement for my work at SPAR.
- Rebuilt a C++ unit-testing system called Testware.