- Developer2013 - 2014Indie Development
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, SQL, nginx, Tornado, Python, Google Analytics, Unicode, data mining
- Developed and shipped a physics-based game using Cocos2D and Chipmunk Physics.
- Developed and shipped a spaced repetition flashcard learning system for iOS.
- Created flashcard datasets using data mining techniques with Python.
- Created web sites to market the app, integrating Google Analytics.
- Reformatted public domain Chinese classic novels to allow users to learn words in context.
- Added text to speech.
- Used asynchronous techniques to improve database access.
- Added C extension functions to SQLite.
- Made extensive use of Unicode and Natural Language parsing / processing.
- Python Developer2005 - 2009Geoscience Australia
Technologies: Python, MATLAB, Esri, ADO, SciPy, NumPy
- Ported an earthquake risk model simulator from MATLAB to Python, performed optimizations, and validated it against the original.
- Added features to a Python shallow water tsunami model and added integration with a Fortran deep water model.
- Maintained and extended scripts (using geospatial scripting) to build a catalogue of buildings in Australia.
- Significantly improved the performance of the earthquake risk model by porting some functions to C++.
- Developed unit tests, used version control, collaborated with team mates and other teams, created conversion scripts, and documentation.