Machine Learning Engineer and Developer
Peter is an experienced data scientist and a good communicator. With a background in consulting and computer science, he can quickly pick up your business requirements, translate them into technical solutions, and efficiently guide product development with data-driven insights keeping the final business solution in mind. As a solution architect, Peter has led all technical aspects of projects at top enterprises across EMEA. He also holds a master's degree in computer science.
ExperienceRequirements Analysis - 10 yearsPython - 5 yearsSQL - 5 yearsData Science - 2 yearsMachine Learning - 2 yearsArtificial Intelligence (AI) - 2 yearsComputer Vision - 2 yearsImage Recognition - 2 years
Python, Data Analytics, Data Science, Financial Markets, Quantitative Finance, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Algorithmic Trading
The most amazing...
...project I've collaborated on was stock market forecasting that made the top 1% quants at Numerai.
Neural Network/Machine Learning Data Analysis
KEG Systems LLC
- Developed an algorithm that predicted NHL/NBA game outcomes with accuracy that beats the bookmaker. Backtesting and live testing showed good results.
- Developed tools to validate and accurately present the performance of a betting algorithm.
- Implemented data pipelines to various online data sources.
Senior Data Scientist
Online Freelance Network
- Worked with product managers to support data-driven product development.
- Answered open-ended business questions with insight based on data analytics. Analyzed customer behavior to fine-tune and improve customer experience and maximize the conversion rate.
- Identified customer segments and created propensity models to estimate the lifetime value of these customers.
- Performed analytics, visualization, and modeling on customer behavior and digital advertisement data. Created reports and dashboards.
- Optimized digital advertising (Facebook ads) by estimating the value of various customer segments.
- Developed predictive models for vetting engineers. The goal was to significantly decrease the time needed for development vetting.
- Created ETL pipelines and did data analytics for digital marketing performance.
- Designed the data gathering process for faster and more accurate analysis.
Computer Vision Engineer
- Enrolled in several computer vision competitions and developed the following computer-vision projects for them.
- Developed a tool to detect diabetic retinopathy to stop blindness (medical image classification). It involved supervised and unsupervised ML techniques (Keras, OpenCV, Scikit-learn, NumPy, and Pandas). Top 3% result (62nd of 2986 teams).
- Applied computer vision to detect, classify, and segment manufacturing defects in steel production, specifically on sheet steel. It involved multilabel image classification and multilabel semantic image segmentation. Top 6% result (bronze).
- Classified and segmented cloud organizations to improve climate models for a research project for the Max Planck Institute. Top 6% result (bronze). The competition involved understanding clouds from satellite images.
- Developed a ServiceNow app to automatically categorize and dispatch incidents. Used NLP for processing incidents written by end-users, and the app saved a significant amount of work for helpdesk agents.
- Built an NLP app to extract key financial information from emails to automate calculations. It saves several hours of work daily for the customers and speeds up replies.
- Developed quantitative trading algorithms to trade stock and forex markets.
- Used a combination of classical and deep learning methods for trading. Has a strong understanding of financial markets and trading strategies.
Senior Solution Architect
- Served as an architect for the Top 50 most strategic accounts in the EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa).
- Supported the sales team on scoping, planning, and architecture.
- Provided direction on keeping customer engagements aligned to ServiceNow's implementation best practices.
- Led all technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery.
- Held processes workshops and gave best practices guidance.
- Acted as a key technical focal point of the overall implementation project team.
- Prepared all client-facing and internal deliverables that were technology-related.
HP Service Manager Consultant | Web Developer (Subcontractor)
HP and Raiffeisen Informatik
- Designed and built a new client service portal as a modern and more capable replacement of HP's Service Request Catalog using web services.
- Continuously improved upon Raiffeisen's core system.
- Introduced HP Service Manager 9.40 at Schönherr Rechtsanwälte GmbH.
- Founded ConvertCADfiles.com, which handles the online conversion of CAD files to commonly used exchange formats. It had 20,000 users per month and was eventually sold to a US-based company.
Information Systems Architect
HP Austria & Switzerland
- Designed and presented solutions to customers during workshops.
- Implemented all modules of HP Service Manager with complex workflows.
- Coordinated the work of others who were in geographically split-up teams.
- Integrated HP Service Manager with external data sources, applications, and service providers using ConnectIT and SolveDirect.
APTOS 2019 Blindness Detection | Kaggle AI Competitionhttps://www.kaggle.com/c/aptos2019-blindness-detection
• It was a medical image classification task.
• I ranked 62nd out of 2943 competing teams (top 3%).
• I achieved a Kaggle silver medal and competitions expert status.
Customer Behavior Analysis
I worked with a product manager to make data-driven decisions and optimize information gains at each step of the funnel. I also optimized ad feedback to FB to enable faster and more accurate learning.
As a result, customer sign-ups tripled in just two months while maintaining the same level of conversion cost.
Test Data Analysis
Quantitative Finance at Numeraihttp://numer.ai
Second Position in Dataracing Competitionhttps://eval.dataracing.hu/web/challenges/challenge-page/4/overview
Pandas, ServiceNow REST API, REST APIs, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, TensorFlow, Keras, NumPy, PySpark, PyTorch, OpenCV, SciPy
Jupyter, BigQuery, Google Analytics, Git, TensorBoard, Spark SQL, Tableau
Data Science, Requirements Analysis, ITIL, ETL, Behavioral Design, Automation
Jupyter Notebook, Salesforce, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Databricks, Docker
MySQL, Google Cloud, MongoDB, NoSQL, Data Lakes
Reports, Data Reporting, Image Recognition, Deep Neural Networks, Algorithms, Analytics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Consulting, Data Analytics, Data Analysis, Exploratory Data Analysis, ServiceNow, Communication, IT Consulting, IT Service Management (ITSM), Team Leadership, Remote Team Leadership, Image Processing, Predictive Analytics, Big Data, Predictive Modeling, Time Series Analysis, Regression Modeling, Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, Statistics, Financial Data Analytics, Trading, Data Mining, Statistical Modeling, Dashboards, Analytical Dashboards, Financial Analysis, Deep Learning, Convolutional Neural Networks, Reporting, Object Recognition, Object Detection, Image Classification, Classification Algorithms, Data Visualization, Backtesting Trading Strategies, Algorithmic Trading, User Behavior, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Random Forest Regression, Time Series, Development, Data Modeling, Financial Markets, Statistical Data Analysis, Advertising, Paid Advertising, eCommerce, B2B Lead Generation, Digital Advertising, Service, Google Tag Manager, Web Scraping, Quantitative Modeling, Quantitative Finance, Sales Funnel, Recruitment, SEO Marketing, Web Marketing, Web UI, Stock Trading, Data Engineering, Natural Language Processing (NLP), GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Budapest University of Technology and Economics - Budapest, Hungary
Research Year in Computer Science
Royal Institute of Technology - Stockholm, Sweden
Data Analysis Using PySpark
Natural Language Processing with Classification and Vector Spaces
Create a Custom Marketing Analytics Dashboard in Data Studio
Introduction to Designing Data Lakes on AWS
Data Analysis | Spark SQL
Sequences, Time Series, and Prediction
Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling
Convolutional Neural Networks
Deep Learning Specialization
Professional Scrum Master