DevOps Engineer2017 - 2019Capital Markets CRC, Ltd.
Technologies: Bamboo, Bitbucket, Jira, Python, Bash, AWS CloudFormation, AWS ECS
- Integrated Bamboo Master with AWS Spot instances and in-house developed Docker images based on Ubuntu Linux to allow smooth builds and tests of the developed code. It improved the reliability of Bamboo workflow due to better failure handling.
- Reviewed new AWS technologies review in terms of costs to check if it is worth to replace/upgrade the existing stack with freshly available solutions.
- Investigated failures and made improvements in the automation pipeline to decrease the time DevOps staff have to spend to handle incidents after hours from four hours/week to one hour/month.
- Responded to Jira tickets following strict weekly planning meeting guidelines.
- Configured Bamboo plans using Groovy-based DSL Bamboo plugin.
- Equipped Bitbucket with server-side pre-receive hooks that restricted commits on weekly planning. That allowed us to make code pushes only if the Jira ticket related to the code changes was open. Ensured the most critical tasks were prioritized.
- Ensured all work is documented with Sphinx and clearly understandable by co-workers. It increased reusability of the already developed solutions by 10% due to simple yet descriptive and pictorial specifications.
- Deployed infrastructure using CloudFormation templates or DSL Bamboo and Jenkins configuration to ease maintenance, versioning, and automatic deployment with CI/CD pipeline. Decrease infrastructure maintenance time from 20 to four hours per week.
- Migrated corporate Wordpress page from on-premise to wordpress.com managed hosting. The migration was covering content, page configuration and plugins. After migration maintenance and troubleshooting was also included.
- Analysed attack surfaces related to the production web application and tightened security on the cloud and in the application itself.
DevOps Engineer2017 - 2017Deloitte Digital Australia (earlier known as Strut Digital)
Technologies: Azure Active Directory, Linux, Sumo Logic, Datadog, Amazon EC2
- Closely monitored a client's AWS infrastructure which allowed us to provide saving costs tips and improved efficiency.
- Held weekly Skype meetings which facilitated the comprehension of the client's business model and adjusted services and made suggestions accordingly to their needs.
- Engaged with the client which allowed us to improve the infrastructure and decreased the numbers of after-hours incidents from ten to one week.
- Documented existing and new solutions on Confluence pages with technical language that was easy to understand for new users.
- Tightened security on customers' clouds, running periodical audits, and provided regular updates with suggestions and best practices according to back-end safety.
Associate Consultant2016 - 2016TIBCO Software
Technologies: TIBCO, TIBCO MDM, TIBCO BusinessWorks
- Delivered fast, scalable microservices environments with execution-ready Java virtual machines.
- Worked with the client on-site for better engagement and project understanding.
- Integrated Tibco proprietary software with the current workflow.
Software Integration Engineer2014 - 2015Nokia Networks
Technologies: Red Hat Linux, SSH, Subversion (SVN), Git, Jenkins
- Worked with more than 50 developers to deliver development environments and correct automation with a Jenkins pipeline.
- Cooperated with seven other software integration teams to coordinate the integration of development pipelines and also delivered components that were used to build the required version of the software.
- Separated development environments and automated them with Python virtualenv.
- Documented new solutions and updated Confluence pages to existing ones. Added tutorials to decrease the learning curve for new users.
- Audited ci/cd system and implemented security best practices.