Web Front-end Developer2018 - 2018Clarity Money
Technologies: React, Redux, Sass, Webpack, ES6
- Enhanced and maintained a single-page app in the personal finance space.
- Implemented Plaid Link, which allows users to provide access to bank account transactions and balances.
- Improved analytics by implementing more granular tracking of user events.
- Upgraded Webpack and its configuration from v2 to v4.
Front-end Developer2017 - 2018Glider Technology
Technologies: React, Redux, TypeScript, Sass
- Implemented new features in TypeScript with React and Redux.
- Maintained existing code built with React, ES6+Flow, and Flux.
- Made occasional contributions to back-end services (ASP.NET).
- Developed styles/UX for new features with Sass.
- Collaborated with the product owner and back-end developers via Slack and video calls to fully spec out and plan implementation of new features.
Senior Front-end Developer2016 - 2017Verizon, Inc.
Technologies: ES6, React, Redux, Webpack, Node, CSS Modules, Sass
- Developed a large React and Redux-powered web app as part of a team building a TV streaming platform incorporating live and on-demand programs.
- Implemented OAuth2 authentication flow.
- Worked and communicated effectively as a remote worker on a team largely located in one office.
- Implemented server-side rendering with Node, Express, and Webpack 2.
- Collaborated with members of many other teams—QA, design, owners of various back-end services, product, etc.—to advance the web app and the product as a whole.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2016World Singles Networks
Technologies: React, Redux, Webpack, CSS Modules, Sass
- Created v2 of a white-label dating site with React.
- Collaborated with a fully remote team distributed across time zones including a UX designer, back-end developer, and ops.
- Developed Webpack configuration to build multiple style bundles corresponding to separate themes.
- Implemented i18n, including localization of RTL text.
- Interacted with the RESTful API to request and update data.
Senior Developer2014 - 2015American Spirit Graphics Corporation
- Set up and managed a complete development and deployment environment with continuous integration—including Git (hosted via Stash) for source control, JIRA for task tracking, Jenkins for builds, and a repository of Chef scripts for provisioning development and deployment servers in a repeatable way.
- Worked closely with the infrastructure team to ensure the development group and deployment servers had access to all necessary resources.
- Developed multiple internal web applications hosted on Apache, with Ruby on Rails-powered APIs on the back-end and React+Backbone on the front-end.
- Supported and maintained various legacy applications.
- Worked with management and stakeholders to gather requirements and ensure completed applications met and exceeded expectations.
Web Applications Developer2013 - 2014Imagine! Print Solutions
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Backbone, SVG, Underscore, RequireJS, SQL, C#
- Designed and implemented RESTful web services built with C#/ASP.NET MVC and Ruby on Rails.
- Interacted with various departments in order to quickly and efficiently produce print-ready content that met client expectations.
- Extended and maintained legacy Java and .NET applications.
- Did a "deep dive" on SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics), researching extensively to use it in an interactive web application that ultimately produced a scalable, print-ready document.
Software Developer2013 - 2013Freelance
- Worked with clients to determine needs and deliverables.
- Made various improvements and updates to public-facing websites.
- Researched academic literature and implemented an algorithm for a volume-packing problem.
- Provided the results of the volume-packing solution via web service.
- Prototyped a solution using OptaPlanner, a Java-based planning engine.
.NET Developer2012 - 2013The Multi-Color Corporation
- Acted as primary developer for a critical client-facing ASP.NET web application.
- Improved TFS version control processes.
- Implemented site-wide error logging, allowing the team to respond quickly and effectively to issues.
- Modernized data access via improvements to Entity Framework-backed data services.
- Created and updated stored procedures, updated database schemas as necessary, and debugged occasional performance issues in SQL Server 2008.
Software Developer2011 - 2012Nebraska Global
Technologies: C#, SQL
- Worked with many aspects of the .NET platform, including C#, LINQ, ASP.NET, and WPF.
- Created and supported reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Prototyped transition of the product back-end from Azure to Amazon Web Services.
- Maintained the ASP.NET MVC 2 website.
- Contributed to new development, bug fixes, deployment, etc. for the new product through launch and beyond.
- Worked as part of a team managed with Agile methodology.
Software Development Intern2010 - 2010Garmin International
- Developed various bug fixes and feature enhancements for existing products.
- Collaborated with UI designers on a new product prototype.
- Developed the initial UI for a product prototype.
- Worked on a small team of four developers.
- Developed a re-usable UI "gauge" component.
Undergraduate Researcher2009 - 2010University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Studied academic literature on constraint satisfaction problems.
- Implemented several CSP solving algorithms.
- Compared real-world performance of algorithms.
- Compiled results into a paper analyzing the various aspects of each algorithm.
- Used GDB to analyze performance bottlenecks.
Software Development Intern2009 - 2009Smart Information Flow Technologies
Technologies: Ruby, Lisp, Promela
- Worked independently on a contract for a large government client.
- Learned to use Promela and the SPIN model checker to simulate and model various processes.
- Worked on LaTeX report for contract.
- Analyzed results of model checker.
- Used Lisp (SBCL) to explore capabilities of CSP solving software.