Full-stack Web Developer2019 - PRESENTAnalyst Hub (via Toptal)
- Completed this project to a very tight deadline to create a WordPress site with highly customized signup and tracking systems in place. The site is used to publish important financial market news so security and speed are crucial.
- Customized implementation of the "ultimate member" registration plugin.
- Created several custom plugins for tracking registrations and post views.
- Developed a custom theme and deployed the website in a short timeframe.
PHP Developer2019 - PRESENTDeloitte
- Served as the lead PHP developer working on updating, refactoring, and documenting a PHP portal that auditors use for collating secure client data worldwide.
- Updated a custom PHP framework to introduce modern tools like Docker, NPM, Composer, PHPUnit, and Doctrine Migrations.
- Replaced outdated mcrypt security library with open_ssl including signing and encrypting token data with keys and certificates.
- Performed code and security audits including implementing coding standards and creating a thorough documentation library.
Full-stack Web Developer2017 - 2019Jamie Oliver
- Developed a Facebook Messenger AI chatbot which can suggest recipes based on emojis powered by a Node/Express app.
- Fully rebuilt a single sign-in system integrating Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Blaize identity management application through a Laravel rest API.
- Created a new video destination which aggregates content from YouTube and JW.
- Managed the GDPR compliance process including consent audit tracking.
- Developed a custom reusable meal-planning hub built around a single-page web app and IDAM integration.
- Used Solr search to index content which powers interfaces across the site from the search page to chatbots and content hubs.
- Rationalized a lot of legacy projects and bringing content together into a single highly customized WordPress CMS.
Full-stack Web Developer2017 - 2017Nimbletank
- Led a team creating a tool for Santander which car dealerships could embed on their website to allow customers to request quotes for financial products.
- Built a Restful API and admin portal in Symfony.
- Used a Redis database for caching queries and tracking usage.
- Led a team of three developers and offering guidance on architecture.
Full-stack Web Developer2017 - 20171000heads
- Built a marketing tool for Carphone Warehouse that allows customers to create and share gifs and videos.
- Dynamically composed animated gifs based on user input using ImageMagick.
- Converted gifs to video suitable for sharing to Facebook and Twitter using FFmpeg.
Full stack web developer2017 - 2017Digi Nut
- Built the full site of a Laravel project for aggregating social feeds and displaying them on a range of devices from mobile to large display screens for Ogilvy & Mather.
- Implemented improvements to a multi-site Wordpress build for global anti-bullying charity “Ditch The Label” including bbPress customization.
- Completed improvements to a global WordPress site for s3connectedhealth.com.
Full-stack Web Developer2016 - 2016BAFTA
Technologies: FFmpeg, Backbone.js, Symfony
- Collaborated with a team of developers to build a tool that allows users to securely upload, store, transcode and distribute video online.
- Closely integrated with AWS services including EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Cognito, API Gateway, Glacier, RDS, and more.
- Built Rest API with Symfony.
Full-stack Web Developer2016 - 2016Jamie Oliver
- Created a recipe matching tool that integrates with the Pinterest API and Solr search.
- Created a newsletter sign up with Salesforce integration.
- Built a responsive front-end and optimized WordPress for high-traffic.
- Cached using Varnish, Elasticache, W3TC, and an application firewall.
Full-stack Web Developer2015 - 2016LoopUp
- Built a multi-language WordPress site for this rapidly expanding global teleconferencing firm.
- Set up Varnish, APC, and W3TC for high traffic server performance.
- Developed custom plugins including extending W3TC and creating an addon for ACF.
Full-stack Web Developer2015 - 2015Beermerchants.com & Beavertown Brewery
- Added new features to an existing Magento site and extended as a hub for Beavertown Brewery.
- Set up a “Beer Club” subscription service.
- Contributed to performance enhancements and bug fixing.
- Built a Beavertown hub which could be branded separately but run off the same Magento store.
Full-stack Web Developer2014 - 2015Jamie Oliver
- Built front and back end of WordPress hubs including Christmas, Drinks Tube, Videos, Photo Galleries, Food Revolution Day, and more.
- Migrated legacy CMS to WordPress for recipe management across the business.
- Integrated with YouTube, Change.org, and other social media channels.
Full-stack Web Developer2014 - 2014Bite Global
- Developed a B2B site promoting the agency’s social engagement strategy through a questionnaire. Front-end responsive build optimized for mobile and tablet devices.
Full-stack Web Developer2014 - 2014McGarry Bowen
Full-stack Web Developer2014 - 2014Small Back Room
Full-stack Web Developer2014 - 2014Kaplan International
- Worked on several large-scale WordPress implementations including language layers, CDN load balancing, and mirror sites.
- Implemented third party responsive designs from partner universities with Bootstrap which are compatible across browsers and devices including IE8.
Full-stack Web Developer2013 - 2014BD Network
- Created a video-DJ component for a cross-platform app as part of a Coke campaign for Relentless Energy.
- Integrated with a Cordova PhoneGap project.
- Synchronized animations to live audio data and optimized for performance.
Full-stack Web Developer2013 - 2013VCCP
- Built WordPress site for Three Barrels Brandy including CSS animations and age gate verification.
- Developed a custom theme and plugin.
- Optimized WordPress for security, data optimization, and cache management.
Full-stack Web Developer2013 - 2013Dare
Technologies: Facebook, PHP
- Implemented security recommendations from a penetration test report on a Facebook integration site for Barclaycard.
Full-stack Web Developer2013 - 2013Salterbaxter
- Contributed to end-to-end development of a tool for producing company sustainability reports.
- Dynamically created PDF reports on the fly.
Full-stack Web Developer2013 - 2013Waggener Edstrom
- Built a marketing site for Siemens engineers in the CodeIgniter framework.
Full-stack Web Developer2013 - 2013Creative Head
- Built a magazine-type site which links editorial content with a product directory and UK-wide salon listings for a leading publisher in hair fashion.
- Completed extensive WordPress customization including ACF and Pods plugins.
Full-stack Web Developer2013 - 2013Outlandish
- Extended a training management tool for the BBC.
- Created several complex systems for registration and management of workplace pension plans for Now:Pensions.
- Built platforms on WordPress, Symfony2, and custom MVC frameworks.
Full-stack Web Developer2012 - 2013BD Network
- Created a cross-platform social networking hub for Uniqlo HeatTech promotion.
- Completed an HTML5 front-end build for major Diet Coke promotion.
- Contributed to Flash touchscreen projects and Drupal CMS work for Nintendo in preparation for the launch of Wii U.
Full-stack Web Developer2012 - 2012AIMIA
- Used responsive design practices to build a white label brand loyalty site which is easy to customize and can tailor views for desktop and mobile devices.
Full-stack Web Developer2009 - 20119XB Ltd
- Acted as the lead developer for Hi-Tec across their range of worldwide eCommerce and marketing sites.
- Developed custom CMS sites using Zend Framework.
Full-stack Web Developer2008 - 2009William Hill
- Developed and maintained William Hill’s casino, gaming, and betting sites during their greatest period of online expansion.
- Developed Flash applications including streaming video players which must run alongside a live-betting console.
- Wrote PHP modules and plugins to extend ExpressionEngine.
- Incorporated 3rd party services using PHP SOAP/REST protocols.
Full-stack Web Developer2003 - 2008Newcastle City Council
- Led and managed a team of four developers to design and build a custom e-learning platform for one of the largest secondary schools in the country.