Lead Developer2018 - 2020Insurance Broker (via Toptal)
Technologies: Health Insurance, Xero API, Vue.js, jQuery, Xero, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed a RoR web portal that helps thousands of B2B customers to select the best health insurance for their employees.
- Integrated the solution with Xero Invoicing API and various insurance companies (ADP, Manulife, etc.).
- Provided analysis and designed algorithms for the financial transactions engine (fixed decimal point arithmetic).
- Optimized the Rails and PostgreSQL codebase to keep the solution scalable.
- Documented the solution from data and workflow perspective to allow sustainable team growth and knowledge transfer.
- Designed and oversaw the development of HTTP API to allow third parties to integrate with the solution.
React Developer2017 - 2018AON
Technologies: Health Insurance, Google Material Design, jQuery, Redux-saga, Redux, React
- Developed a React application using Redux, redux-saga, and styled-components.
- Collaborated with a Scrum team of around seven people spread across three continents, using Slack and Jira.
- Used react-sortable-hoc to provide drag-and-drop features.
- Attached jQueryBuilder technology to the React application.
- Optimized HTML survey forms so that they can be sent via email.
Mobile App Developer2016 - 2017BBYO
Technologies: AngularJS, Ionic
- Migrated a native mobile app from Objective-C (iOS) to Ionic.
- Integrated with Facebook API for login and user detail acquisition.
- Used TestFlight for iOS testing/deployment.
Mobile and Web App Developer2016 - 2017YouCloud, Inc.
Technologies: Ionic, Angular, CoffeeScript, TypeScript
- Ported a mobile app from AngularJS and Ionic 1 to Angular and Ionic 2.
- Ported a mobile app from CoffeeScript to TypeScript.
- Integrated an app with a back end that uses Google API.
- Created a hybrid mobile app capable of playing audio in the background.
- Ported an angular-progress-arc directive to Angular. Integrated with Pusher.
Ionic/AngularJS Developer2016 - 2016Powerline
- Reworked an Ionic mobile app to support a new API.
- Integrated with Stripe payment API.
- Adopted push notifications both for Android and iOS.
- Helped establish issue tracking workflow and processes.
Web and Mobile App Developer2016 - 2016iViveLabs, Ltd.
Technologies: GitHub, LeafletJS, PhoneGap
- Co-developed a map of Islamic organizations: https://www.islamism-map.com/.
- Developed a hybrid app in PhoneGap to be used both on the web and packaged for iOS and Android.
- Integrated the hybrid app with a static back end and used GitHub for source code and issue tracking.
- Worked remotely from Europe with a team located in Asia.
Web and Mobile Developer2016 - 2016GreyGoo Media, LLC
Technologies: Routing, Mapbox, LeafletJS, Backbone.js
- Co-developed a web app to support event venue logistics.
- Used Beanstalk for code review.
- Used Sifter for issue tracking.
- Worked with Leaflet Routing Engine to develop and integrate route planning.
- Used Leaflet to live-display bus routes and bus vehicles.
- Worked remotely from Europe with a team located in the US.
Administration, Web and Mobile Developer2013 - 2016Nabezky.sk
Technologies: MySQL, Apache, Ubuntu Server, Git, Ionic, Drupal
- Developed a mobile app in Ionic for Nordic skiers to submit weather and snow conditions to the web portal along with photos and GPS trail records. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ionicframework.nabezkyskspravazterenu.
- Wrote two Apache Cordova plugins. https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-shell-exec, https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-signal-strength.
- Coded a mobile app to upcycle old Android smartphones to be used as webcams located along Nordic skiing trails to periodically take and send photos to the server.
- Managed an Apache web server.
- Developed an Ionic mobile app for managers of Nordic skiing resorts to submit information on snow conditions to a web portal.
Team Leader, Head Developer of Biometric Identity Management System2010 - 2015Innovatrics
Technologies: ActiveMQ, Biometrics, Git, jQuery, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed a multi-process, heavy-load optimized back end in Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL.
- Led a team of five developers through the project.
- Deployed the project in several developing countries including Ghana, Nigeria, and Haiti.
- Co-developed Linux and Windows installers for the product.
- Integrated several biometric APIs and SDKs with the product.
- Worked on architecture and development of a log analysis framework in Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Logstash.
Co-founder and Web Developer2009 - 2010Foaf.sk - Social Network of Slovak Companies
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Co-founded a startup that created a social network of companies in Slovakia.
- Co-developed the app in Ruby on Rails.
- Negotiated the sale of the web portal.
- Provided detailed and timely customer support.
- Learned how to implement the spreading activation algorithm.