- Go DeveloperMonax Industries, Ltd. (via Toptal)2015 - PRESENT
- Developed and architected a Docker container orchestration tool for simple interaction with blockchains.
- Removed more lines of code than added while introducing new functionality.
- Ported the tool to the Windows platform, significantly improved unit test coverage, and solved many long-standing Unix terminal and Docker “volumes” and “volumes-from” related issues.
- Provided assistance as a nice and helpful local Go language guru.
- Go DeveloperLeaf.ag (via Toptal)2015 - 2015
Technologies: Docker DynamoDB
- Implemented a heartbeats REST API service for http://leaf.ag to store tractor and harvester coordinates and kept track of the harvested crop areas (Go + DynamoDB, migrated from Django).
- Implemented a proxy REST API service to JohnDeere API (http://developer.deere.com/) to keep track of JohnDeere’s tractors’ and harvesters’ telemetry.
- Implemented a REST API service to suggest harvesting periods for http://leaf.ag mobile application users based on crop types and weather forecasts (www.wunderground.com).
- Lead DeveloperUBS Investment Bank2012 - 2014
Technologies: Perl, Bash, Go, Groovy, Sybase
- Increased the bank’s revenue by developing and refactoring risk, trading, regulatory. and reconciliation reports (15-year project, ~3 MLOC, Perl, Go).
- Reduced the bank's liabilities by fixing and adjusting reports to FCA and SEBI regulators.
- Improved and extended IB’s primary risk valuation software to address new trading and regulatory requirements (Groovy + Swing, Perl).
- Implemented a linear regression algorithm in a tool that checks the trustworthiness of raw trading data (Go).
- Led Scrum stand-up meetings, conducted technical interviews, trained new programmers on the topics of the project, and created presentations and led workshops for them.
- System Administrator and DeveloperKaspersky Lab2006 - 2012
Technologies: Perl, C, Kaspersky and Juniper SDKs, PostgreSQL, Template Toolkit
- Released, tested, and verified Kaspersky Anti-Virus updates for major technological partners around the world. They never failed on customers’ networking equipment (Juniper Networks' SRX, SSG, and NetScreen series devices, most importantly), and no major SLA violation was ever claimed.
- Designed and maintained a testbed for testing Kaspersky Anti-Virus updates on various networking equipment; created a failover and load-balancing harness to reduce false negatives and downtime (Perl).
- Developed a scaled-down version of a Kaspersky Anti-Virus scanner to use in the testbed (distributed malware scanning, one client/many servers, C).
- Developed and maintained a continuous automated build framework for building Kaspersky Anti-Virus updates for Non-Intel networking equipment (ARMv7, v9, MIPS Octeon cross-compilers, Perl).
- Developed a tool to monitor performance of Anti-Virus updates across a pool of virtual machines for the Updates Release department (Perl, Template Toolkit, PostgreSQL+DBI).
- Systems DeveloperInstitute of Electromechanics2003 - 2010
Technologies: C, Open Motif, SQLite
- Led a team through a V&V process initiated by the Indian government to accept systems software for the Kudankulam atomic power plant, based on industry IEC 60880 and IEC 61508 standards.
- Developed a specially-tailored Linux distribution for atomic power plants with higher reliability requirements in mind (developed a watchdog-timer-based master/slave failover daemon).
- Introduced a software verification method of using a strace utility on critical sections of software and checking against expected sequences of read/write and shmget/shmat/shmdt calls.
- Developed a program to measure and manage parameters of VVER-1000 atomic reactor control rods, a decision support tool for technical staff (C, Open Motif, SQLite).
- Designed a LiveCD-based crash recovery tool for Linux-geared diagnostic equipment for Russian atomic power plants in Bushehr, Kalinin, Kudankulam, and Tianwan. The tool included an initial setup procedure and hardware detection capability.
- Implemented an xLMS filtering algorithm for active noise control of custom industrial actuators (TigerSHARC, C, VisualDSP++).