Software Engineering Career Track Mentor2020 - PRESENTSpringboard
- Provided guidance to several students working through the curriculum at different paces and with different goals.
- Gave detailed feedback to the internal Springboard team to improve mentor onboarding and student outcomes.
- Got up to speed on Python/Flask without previous professional experience to be able to provide technical advice and assistance to students.
Software Developer2016 - 2019Voodoo Manufacturing
- Developed an automatic processing pipeline in Go and Node.js for business clients, which allowed the processing and starting of 10s of thousands of 3D prints without operator intervention.
- Contributed to the design and implementation of a Kafka + microservices system for real-time monitoring and control of a factory of around 200 3D printers.
- Led software integration of a robotic arm to automatically run a cell of 3D printers 24 hours a day.
- Extended a Node.js internal portal with crucial features for operators to prepare files, assign jobs, monitor status, and track order progress.
- Designed and built a dashboard to monitor failure rates, allowing for process improvements and improved outcomes across various production scenarios.
Software Development Engineer2012 - 2015Microsoft
Technologies: APIs, Communication, VS Code, Debugging, Software Architecture, Git, Agile Software Development, C#, C++
- Spearheaded the Windows Phone 8.1 integration for Visual Studio tooling.
- Improved the C++ ETL data collector for profiling various types of apps.
- Collaborated with teams spanning hundreds of developers and many different stakeholders across various products.
- Led the team's transition from the previous source control system to Git.