PHP Developer in Berlin, Germany
Technical Lead2016 - PRESENTBleech GmbH
- Led teams building WordPress sites for large enterprise companies, including Mercedes Benz, Zalando, and Smart.
- Created WordPress APIs extending the core WordPress JSON-API.
- Built a set of reusable website components in standardized styles to allow for reuse and hyper-performant delivery.
- Managed DevOps on the project, deployment, server setup, and infrastructure planning.
Web Team Lead2013 - 2016Carswell Gould
Technologies: Drupal, PHP, Laravel, PyroCMS
- Led a successful web team delivering medium to large Drupal projects for enterprise and government clients.
- Developed bespoke Drupal integrations into legacy and bespoke APIs/systems.
- Managed Agile delivery projects, setting up and planning sprints.
- Managed the sales process for £100,000+ projects, pitching and winning the work.
- Managed and maintained support contracts and SLAs with clients.
- Built WordPress campaign sites.
Owner/Director2012 - 2015HolgaRama
Technologies: Magneto, PHP, CSS, Swipe, PayPal API, Banking APIs
- Managed, built, and ran a successful eCommerce business selling photography equipment.
- Managed performance of digital marketing campaigns.
- Managed the server, system, operations, and infrastructure.
- Sourced, purchased, and imported products for sale.
- Set up advanced billing APIs.
Freelance PHP Web Developer2008 - 2013Bennett Enable
Technologies: PHP, Symfony, Yii, Magento, WordPress
- Worked with billing APIs setting up complex billing systems.
- Built custom web applications using PHP MVC frameworks, focusing on building MVC for startup tech companies.
- Supported numerous marketing agencies with client WordPress builds including full builds as well as maintenance and support for the current build.
- Built and managed Magneto web stores.
- Developed a WordPress plugin for an event management system.
Information Artchitect2004 - 2008BT (British Telecom)
Technologies: Oracle, SQL, MS SQL, Erwin
- Designed data warehouse projects for large call volume database.
- Trained and built neural networks to find unusual data patterns for reasons of national security.
- Managed and controlled schema documents and change requests for large and complex databases.
Freelance Web Developer/Designer2000 - 2004Philip Bennett
Technologies: HTML, CSS, PHP, B2/Cafelog, PHPNuke
- Built websites for SMEs and local businesses.
- Built advertising tracking systems using Perl/CGI.
- Designed a website for small businesses.
- Neonwood/Tannhaus Apartments (Development)https://neonwood.com/
Cresco Capital wanted two sites for their branded apartment buildings, one, Tannhaus, focused on professionals. The second, Neonwood, aimed at Students. The two sites have similar structures, so components were restyled and reused to reduce the overall cost.
Technologies: Salesforce Forms, Benchmark Email, Flynt
- Zalando Bread && Butter (Development)
Zalando had a really tight timescale for this project, we build and delivered the site from initial concepts in two weeks, working closely with them to manage the project critical path and allowing content loading and development to run in parallel.
- Mercedes Benz Parts Wholesale (Development)https://www.partswholesale.mercedes-benz.com/ru/
A WordPress Multilingual/Multisite built for Mercedes, currently live in four countries, (France, Sweden, Italy, Russia) and launching in four more in 2018.
- Smart Magazine (Development)https://www.smart-magazine.com/
Provided maintenance and support for Daimlers Smart branded lifestyles magazine.
- Zalando Vizions Conference (Development)
A website built for Zalandos platform conference.
- Holzmarkplatz (Development)https://www.holz-stehend-verkaufen.de/
An advanced marketplace web application built pushing the limits of WordPress functionality to provide an MVP for an eBay-like platform for standing wood sales.
- Emarsys (Development)https://emarsys.com/en/
A corporate site for a large multinational marketing intelligence company.
- Chichester College (Development)https://chichester.ac.uk/
A Drupal site built for one of the UK leading further education colleges. Includes an advanced API integration to show course details and manage applications.
Technologies: Education System API integration
- Elliotts (Development)https://elliotts.uk/
A Drupal website built for the largest independent builders merchantin the UK.
- Enterprise M3 Lep (Development)https://www.enterprisem3.org.uk/
A Drupal build for the Enterprise M3 Local Education Partnership
- Hampshire Cultural Trust (Development)http://www.hampshireculturaltrust.org.uk/
A large Drupal build for an independent organization managing a number of museums in Hampshire, UK.
- Tektura Wall Coverings (Development)http://www.tektura.com/
A custom Symfony eCommerce website includes complicated billing integrations and custom built cart and checkout process.
FrameworksIonic 3, Ionic, Bootstrap 4, Bootstrap 3, ZURB Foundation, PhoneGap, Symfony, Laravel, Angular, Laravel Spark, PHPUnit
Libraries/APIsjQuery, WordPress REST API
ToolsComposer, Gulp.js, Behat, NPM, Webpack, Grunt.js
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Agile, Component-driven Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Responsive Layout
PlatformsWordPress, Drupal, Magento
OtherWordPress Plugins, Project Management, Leadership, WordPress Themes, Web Components, Sales
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, AWS RDS, AWS S3
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Information Technology1999 - 2004University of Wales - Swansea