Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTFundrise, LLC
Technologies: MySQL, Hibernate, Java
- Served as a software engineer specialized in performance optimization for recurring back-end processes implemented in Java against a MySQL datastore. Reduced runtime and memory usage by 30 to 60%.
- Designed and implemented a data model, processors, and back-end support for new features and products.
- Collaborated with accounting and finance teams to design and implement systems and processes for end-of-quarter and end-of-year tax and regulatory compliance requirements.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2019Optoro, Inc.
Technologies: Apache Kafka, Vue, PostgreSQL, Ruby
- Reimplemented SmartDisposition, a decision engine that connected machine learning models, various data sources, and expert systems to produce the best available decisions in real-time, including a custom domain-specific language for configuration.
- Built quantitative models for key business processes to leverage more data into better decision making.
- Developed across the entire stack, from the Vue.js web UI to the Apache Kafka message bus to deliver scalable, performant, and maintainable software.
Senior Software Developer2013 - 2016Sanametrix, Inc.
Technologies: Entity Framework, React, C#.NET
- Led a team that developed a case management system for the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Developed a survey collection web application for the United States Department of Education.
- Saved a project that was poorly scoped and behind schedule and led an accelerated development effort to deliver it on time and under budget.