Verified Expert in Engineering
Over the last 14 years, Phil has proven again and again his ability to get things done, whether it's extending and improving an existing project, or developing one from scratch. He is able to move smoothly between technologies, and has an exceptional ability to dive into a new field and start contributing immediately. He's a great team player, mentor, and thought leader, but also has the discipline to fly solo.
Git, Subversion (SVN), PyCharm, IntelliJ, Eclipse, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is the puzzle-making-and-rendering software for several puzzle books.
Two Sigma Investments
- Created and led the development of a new internal cloud deployment system.
- Built REST applications and services in Java and Python.
- Integrated with diverse infrastructure components such as OpenStack, ELK, and Kerberos.
- Provided support and guidance for implementing REST services.
- Was a resident expert on taking a web app/service project from start to deployment all the while using the company's best practices.
- Developed and maintained the world’s leading language learning software.
- Worked on desktop, web, and mobile products.
- Developed the front-end and back-end of language-content creation and editing tools.
- Built the requirements, designs, and did the implementation in Java, Ruby, and Flex.
- Modernized the CI, dependency management, and build scripting with Maven, Ivy, Rake, Nexus, and Jenkins.
- Led the effort to radically improve the reliability of our major K12 educational product.
James Madison University
- Developed tools for the simulation of network security for a federal grant project.
- Wrote the front-end and back-end in Java and SQL.
- Led a team of two developers plus several undergraduate students.
- Established the workflow management, source control, and continuous integration.
Back-end, Front-end, Code Review
Subversion (SVN), IntelliJ, PyCharm, Ivy, Git, Apache Maven
REST, Test-driven Development (TDD), Automation, Microservices
Angular, Flex, Django
MacOS, Linux, Eclipse, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MS in Computer Science
James Madison University - Harrisonburg VA
MA in Mathematics
Duke University - Durham NC
BA in Mathematics
University of Chicago - Chicago