Software Engineer2014 - 2016Two Sigma Investments
Technologies: Java, Python, JAX-RS, REST
- Created and led the development of a new internal cloud deployment system.
- Built REST applications and services in Java and Python.
- Integrated with diverse infrastructure components such as OpenStack, ELK, and Kerberos.
- Provided support and guidance for implementing REST services.
- Was a resident expert on taking a web app/service project from start to deployment all the while using the company's best practices.
Software Engineer2006 - 2014Rosetta Stone
Technologies: Java, Flex/ActionScript, Ruby, Maven, Ivy
- Developed and maintained the world’s leading language learning software.
- Worked on desktop, web, and mobile products.
- Developed the front-end and back-end of language-content creation and editing tools.
- Built the requirements, designs, and did the implementation in Java, Ruby, and Flex.
- Modernized the CI, dependency management, and build scripting with Maven, Ivy, Rake, Nexus, and Jenkins.
- Led the effort to radically improve the reliability of our major K12 educational product.
Software Engineer2002 - 2006James Madison University
- Developed tools for the simulation of network security for a federal grant project.
- Wrote the front-end and back-end in Java and SQL.
- Led a team of two developers plus several undergraduate students.
- Established the workflow management, source control, and continuous integration.