Freelance Cloud and Systems Architect2020 - 202150Hertz
- Provided a cloud-based infrastructure for project development environments, each with Git and Docker repositories, project webspace, WebDAV file share, Kubernetes namespace, GitLab, CI/CD pipeline, Azure DevTest Labs, and Apache Guacamole access.
- Facilitated a distributed architecture project, Green Tracking, for certifying and tracking green energy through the energy grid.
- Assisted in the AATO project for optimizing the AI-based energy grid.
- Facilitated Digital Twins, a project on the simulation of network elements.
- Contributed to the Pathfinder project dealing with semantic search and navigation and knowledge management.
- Used computer vision to identify rust, which was part of the CoDro project.
- Improved the employee onboarding experience with a mobile app while participating in the Get On Board project.
- Facilitated the Forecasting Development Platform project to develop a platform and tool stack for forecasting and machine learning projects.
Freelance Lead Architect2017 - 2019T-Systems International
Technologies: Orchestration, Containerization, Micro SOA, SELinux, Change Management, Scalability, Embedded Systems, Cloud, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Docker, UML, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Linux Network Stack, jQuery, Microservices, Java 8, JPA, Spring Boot, Scrum, Architecture, Test-driven Development (TDD), SQL, Back-end, Ubuntu
- Designed a unified modular framework for administering, provisioning, and orchestrating test objects.
- Developed blueprints and best practices and trained internal and external teams on the topics such as SOA, Docker Swarm, and SELinux.
- Designed a unified modular, scalable embedded-device architecture for deployment in different scenarios, including data center and cloud.
- Devised embedded device security concept based on SELinux.
- Set project milestones and planned resources and budgets.
- Designed a framework for efficient, secure, highly available hosting of devices in data centers.
Freelance IT Consultant and Researcher2012 - 2017Deutsche Börse Cloud Exchange AG
Technologies: Ruby, Celluloid, R, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Cloud, UML, C++, OMNeT++, Ruby on Rails (RoR), OpenStack, DevOps, Cloud Security, PKI, SOAP, Architecture, SQL, Back-end
- Analyzed and assessed existing work on cloud benchmarking, devised a performance unit for IaaS compute products, created a benchmarking approach and framework for cloud hosts, and planned and performed experiments, analysis, and evaluation.
- Researched the optimal scalability of cloud services and analyzed their state of the art and requirements.
- Designed the reference architecture, scaling techniques, decision models, optimization, product framework, and pricing model and built and evaluated prototypes.
- Researched secure and private execution of business processes in the cloud and analyzed requirements. Designed use case scenarios, systems architecture, and service modeling and conducted prototyping.
- Consulted on SLA monitoring and surveillance, availability, network and I/O throughput, and performance.
Research Assistant2009 - 2012Technische Universität Berlin
Technologies: Big Data, C++, Java, Hadoop, Apache Axis 2, Eucalyptus, Private Clouds, Amazon EC2, IaaS, Cloud, Ruby on Rails (RoR), PKI, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL, Back-end, CSS
- Designed and developed a service-oriented back end for content-based image search using cloud-based indexing of image data.
- Enabled virtualized project infrastructures for Deutsche Telekom Labs, T-Labs VPI. Designed and developed software for a project management system and customer care.
- Managed the Berlin Cloud-based Infrastructures (BSI) project with a budget of €1 million.
- Drafted an invitation to tender for cloud management software and selected suitable hardware.
- Coordinated service providers, IT service centers, and student assistants.
- Organized presentations and showcases and wrote quarterly and final reports.
- Supervised various student projects in the field of cloud computing.
Founder and CTO2001 - 2008Smeet
- Founded the company, co-wrote investor contracts, and established technical infrastructure.
- Selected and trained the development team and introduced and drove agile development processes.
- Purchased, provisioned, and operated servers and installed monitoring and escalation management.
- Selected and supervised external software contractors.
- Launched the company's website according to schedule.
- Advanced, optimized, and expanded the platform with community features such as profiles, friends, messages, photo albums, guest books, groups, events, chat, webcam chat, and online status.