- Ruby on Rails DeveloperClickfunnels (via Toptal)2015 - 2016
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL
- Maintained the back-end of a world leading landing page builder.
- Improved test coverage.
- Decoupled a monolithic application into components.
- Added transparent third party API introspection in a multi-tenant environment.
- Tracked down the most mysterious bugs.
- Senior Ruby DeveloperDataArt2014 - 2015
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Java, Backbone.js
- Maintained a massive Ruby on Rails application.
- Reworked legacy code that was hard to comprehend.
- Improved both the front-end and back-end.
- Introduced tools to allow development on local machine over VPN instead of remote desktop.
- Performed code reviews and mentoring.
- Co-founder, Rails back end engineerSkillpocket2014 - 2014
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Geocoder, Match analysis
- Developed the back-end of a marketplace platform, web site, and mobile API.
- Implemented geo matching.
- Developed a match algorithm using multiple parameters.
- Maintained and tweaked the platform under rapidly changing marketing strategies.
- Kept the code clean, readable, and rock solid even after all major changes.
- Software EngineerBandwidth Labs (via OnTarget)2011 - 2013
Technologies: Ruby, Java, FreeSWITCH
- Created a working prototype of a SMS spam detection system aimed at mobile network operators.
- Developed a back-end authorization system for a bleeding edge WiFi HotSpot 2.0 wireless roaming service.
- Helped improve the development process.
- Developed architecture for applications, choosing the best tools to fit the task.
- Web DeveloperSAP AG (via Softwerke)2008 - 2010
Technologies: Java, Spring
- Developed an internal system for document management as part of the internal team.
- Participated in adoption of a continuous integration system.
- Improved security framework significantly with a roles and permissions system.
- Helped with server configuration management.
- Led technical interviews and hired some youth developers that became invaluable for the company.
- Java DeveloperNEON/IBM/Arsenal/Bank of America/AT&T/Visual Mining (via BridgeQuest Labs, Inc.)2005 - 2008
- Created rich UI with Swing.
- Created database migration tool to ensure data integrity between schema versions.
- Supported an Eclipse plugin to visualize data.
- Created new data visualizations with HTML and JS.
- Kept eye on code quality, performing refactoring and code review.