- Ruby on Rails Developer2015 - 2016Clickfunnels (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL
- Maintained the back-end of a world leading landing page builder.
- Improved test coverage.
- Decoupled a monolithic application into components.
- Added transparent third party API introspection in a multi-tenant environment.
- Tracked down the most mysterious bugs.
- Senior Ruby Developer2014 - 2015DataArt
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Java, Backbone.js
- Maintained a massive Ruby on Rails application.
- Reworked legacy code that was hard to comprehend.
- Improved both the front-end and back-end.
- Introduced tools to allow development on local machine over VPN instead of remote desktop.
- Performed code reviews and mentoring.
- Co-founder, Rails back end engineer2014 - 2014Skillpocket
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Geocoder, Match analysis
- Developed the back-end of a marketplace platform, web site, and mobile API.
- Implemented geo matching.
- Developed a match algorithm using multiple parameters.
- Maintained and tweaked the platform under rapidly changing marketing strategies.
- Kept the code clean, readable, and rock solid even after all major changes.
- Software Engineer2011 - 2013Bandwidth Labs (via OnTarget)
Technologies: Ruby, Java, FreeSWITCH
- Created a working prototype of a SMS spam detection system aimed at mobile network operators.
- Developed a back-end authorization system for a bleeding edge WiFi HotSpot 2.0 wireless roaming service.
- Helped improve the development process.
- Developed architecture for applications, choosing the best tools to fit the task.
- Web Developer2008 - 2010SAP AG (via Softwerke)
Technologies: Java, Spring
- Developed an internal system for document management as part of the internal team.
- Participated in adoption of a continuous integration system.
- Improved security framework significantly with a roles and permissions system.
- Helped with server configuration management.
- Led technical interviews and hired some youth developers that became invaluable for the company.
- Java Developer2005 - 2008NEON/IBM/Arsenal/Bank of America/AT&T/Visual Mining (via BridgeQuest Labs, Inc.)
- Created rich UI with Swing.
- Created database migration tool to ensure data integrity between schema versions.
- Supported an Eclipse plugin to visualize data.
- Created new data visualizations with HTML and JS.
- Kept eye on code quality, performing refactoring and code review.