Lead Engineer2019 - 2020Contract Work
Technologies: C#.NET, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, AWS, Heroku
- Built new highly-performant websites from the ground up using modern technologies and processes that serve millions of unique visitors a month with no downtime.
- Transitioned data-loading processes to serverless infrastructures using AWS Lambda to achieve higher efficiency and lower operating cost.
- Implemented several REST APIs to be consumed by both internal and external services.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2020Contract Work
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Oracle, Memcache, AWS, Docker
- Developed a RESTful JSON API from the ground up to service multiple different applications both internally and externally.
- Led the effort in rewriting a major part of the core product into a highly efficient microservice architecture, by designing and carrying out the server-side implementation while leading UI team along the way.
- Designed and implemented a solution to replace an existing data seeding process that not only eliminated redundant and erroneous data, long processing time but also allowed users to accomplish the goal without relying on the development team.
- Implemented a caching system for the business’ core web application, cutting down load time significantly across different pages.
- Designed and developed a data uploading system that allows users to bypass UI updates, directly upload CSV/XLSX files through robust validations and error reporting which resulted in a massive increase in user productivity.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2018Ziff Davis
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Redis, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Designed and developed an ad copy generation tool that allowed the paid search team to mass create ad copies, effectively cut down campaign build-up time by up to 95%.
- Led the effort in downloading sales data for more than 30 new different affiliate networks and merchants through integrating each partner’s API or data feeds service into existing system.
- Built a daily crawl bot that examines over a hundred thousands affiliate links across our sites and notifies production team of all problematic product links.
- Implemented various different alerts notifying different business units of things that required attention such as performance fluctuations or data anomalies.
- Created an ad copy template library system allowing each campaign manager to save, update and favorite their own ad copy templates for future usage.
Business Intelligence Developer2011 - 2015Carat
Technologies: SQL, VBA, R
- Automated numerous complex portfolio reports and procedures, effectively reduced working time for analytics team by 95% while eliminating human errors.
- Developed media planning tools that allowed consistent planning outputs across different planning teams at 80% reduced time.
- Responsible for the management and distribution of all working data.