Verified Expert in Engineering
Phoebe is a full-stack developer with over nine years of experience building software across a range of industries and company sizes. Her primary focus has been server-side development, but she also enjoys working with modern UI solutions. Phoebe is meticulous about her code, a passionate advocate for best practices, and knows how fundamental communication is in delivering exceptional products.
GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Tableau, ITerm, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, Slack, DataGrip, Sublime Text, Windows, MacOS
The most amazing...
...product I've built from scratch is an ad copy generation system that reduced the time it takes our marketing team to launch new campaigns by 95%.
- Built new highly-performant websites from the ground up using modern technologies and processes that serve millions of unique visitors a month with no downtime.
- Transitioned data-loading processes to serverless infrastructures using AWS Lambda to achieve higher efficiency and lower operating cost.
- Implemented several REST APIs to be consumed by both internal and external services.
- Designed and developed custom payment solutions using Stripe.
- Implemented a merchandise shipping system and integrated it with FedEx.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a RESTful JSON API from the ground up to service multiple different applications both internally and externally.
- Led the effort in rewriting a major part of the core product into a highly efficient microservice architecture, by designing and carrying out the server-side implementation while leading UI team along the way.
- Designed and implemented a solution to replace an existing data seeding process that not only eliminated redundant and erroneous data, long processing time but also allowed users to accomplish the goal without relying on the development team.
- Implemented a caching system for the business’ core web application, cutting down load time significantly across different pages.
- Designed and developed a data uploading system that allows users to bypass UI updates, directly upload CSV/XLSX files through robust validations and error reporting which resulted in a massive increase in user productivity.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and developed an ad copy generation tool that allowed the paid search team to mass create ad copies, effectively cut down campaign build-up time by up to 95%.
- Led the effort in downloading sales data for more than 30 new different affiliate networks and merchants through integrating each partner’s API or data feeds service into existing system.
- Built a daily crawl bot that examines over a hundred thousands affiliate links across our sites and notifies production team of all problematic product links.
- Implemented various different alerts notifying different business units of things that required attention such as performance fluctuations or data anomalies.
- Created an ad copy template library system allowing each campaign manager to save, update and favorite their own ad copy templates for future usage.
Business Intelligence Developer
- Automated numerous complex portfolio reports and procedures, effectively reduced working time for analytics team by 95% while eliminating human errors.
- Developed media planning tools that allowed consistent planning outputs across different planning teams at 80% reduced time.
- Responsible for the management and distribution of all working data.
Internal Ad Copy Generation System
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap, AngularJS, .NET
jQuery, Vue, Node.js
Linux, Windows, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle, Heroku, Docker
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Memcached, Redis
APIs, Microsoft 365
Sublime Text, DataGrip, Slack, Microsoft Teams, ITerm, Tableau, Confluence, Jira, GitHub
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Yonsei University - Seoul, South Korea