Software Developer in London, ON, Canada
Android Developer2017 - 2017Ultius, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Created an Android app for the web app clients to log in to.
- Built this app alone—starting from nothing to the final product.
- Worked from mockups provided by the client to build their desired look and feel as well as functionality.
- Helped the client setup the app in the Play Store for release and beta testing.
- Built this app using RESTful principles to communicate with the client's API.
Android Developer2013 - 2016AppColony
Technologies: Android, Java
- Translated designer mockups and functional requirements into working code as well as working closely with designers to ensure that we followed the Android Material Design guidelines.
- Built an app designed for tablets that was taken across Canada to be used in a show room and was delivered early and under budget.
- Built an Android app for MakeShift (a shift-scheduling app) to help employees view their schedules, exchange shifts, request time-off, clock-in to a geofence, and more.
- Added support for a real-time chat using Web Sockets in an employee communication app.
- Set up functional automated testing using Espresso for Android.
Web Developer (Intern)2011 - 2012Autodata Solutions Inc.
- Developed web applications; primarily in Java using the GWT, Spring, and MyBatis frameworks.
- Developed ETL tools to enable data from certain databases to flow into other databases.
- Worked on a team and had to quickly learn how to use GWT and MyBatis frameworks to aid the team in development.
- Was given the full responsibility in my team to create any required regular expressions.
- Helped train a new employee—answering any questions and providing guidance on specific tasks.
- MakeShift (Development)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.appcolony.makeshift.android
I worked on this app at my previous company, AppColony. It was used to help employees view the schedule for their shifts. It also allowed them to trade shifts, request shifts, clock-in to a geofence, view what employees were working each day, and more.
I worked with one other developer on this app but was also the sole developer for several months beforehand.
- MakeShift Live (Development)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.appcolony.makeshiftlive.android
I worked on this app at my previous company, AppColony. It was used to help managers schedule shifts for their employees. They could monitor who was requesting shifts and approve them. As well as approve trading shifts and time-off requests. They could also monitor when employees clocked in or out, view who was late, and more.
I worked on this app with one other developer. We split our work up into various features and worked on them in isolation. We also reviewed the code of each other's features when they were complete.
- MakeShift Connect (Development)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.appcolony.makeshift.connect.android
I worked on this app at my previous company, AppColony. It was used to communicate with employees in real-time.
I was assigned this project after the first developer was taken off the project. I had to build the socket communication aspect so users could actually send messages in real time. As well as display a list of paginated conversations and messages.
- OneTap (Development)http://www.getonetap.com/
I worked on this app at my previous company, AppColony. It was used to help prevent distracted driving. It would engage automatically when it detected the phone was in a car being driven and block phone calls, messages, and notifications.
I was added on to this project after most of the work was complete—to maintain it for several months by adding small features and fixing bugs.
- Hockey Canada Network (Development)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.hockeycanada.network
I worked on this app at my previous company, AppColony. It was an app meant to replace paper coaching folders for hockey coaches. Drills could be viewed from the app and it added videos as well among many other features.
I worked on this app with one other developer, and eventually became the sole developer. I added the ability to download articles to view them offline, set up teams, and many other features.
- Ultius (Development)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ultius.android
An app for an existing website called Ultius. It services freelance writers and their clients.
This app is for clients. They can send messages, review their orders, check their documents, and more.
FrameworksAndroid SDK, Espresso Testing Framework, Dagger 2
PlatformsAndroid, Firebase, HockeyApp
Libraries/APIsGoogle Maps, RxJava, Retrofit, Google Maps SDK, Butterknife, Firebase Android SDK, Google Analytics API
ToolsGoogle Analytics, GitHub, RxAndroid, Crashlytics, greenDAO, Slack, Git, Hockey SDK, Jenkins
OtherWriting, Google Play Store, Code Reviews, OkHttp
- Android Developer Nanodegree in Android Development2015 - 2015Udacity - Online
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2008 - 2013Western University - London, Ontario, Canada