Android Developer2017 - 2017Ultius, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Created an Android app for the web app clients to log in to.
- Built this app alone—starting from nothing to the final product.
- Worked from mockups provided by the client to build their desired look and feel as well as functionality.
- Helped the client setup the app in the Play Store for release and beta testing.
- Built this app using RESTful principles to communicate with the client's API.
Android Developer2013 - 2016AppColony
Technologies: Java, Android
- Translated designer mockups and functional requirements into working code as well as working closely with designers to ensure that we followed the Android Material Design guidelines.
- Built an app designed for tablets that was taken across Canada to be used in a show room and was delivered early and under budget.
- Built an Android app for MakeShift (a shift-scheduling app) to help employees view their schedules, exchange shifts, request time-off, clock-in to a geofence, and more.
- Added support for a real-time chat using Web Sockets in an employee communication app.
- Set up functional automated testing using Espresso for Android.
Web Developer (Intern)2011 - 2012Autodata Solutions Inc.
- Developed web applications; primarily in Java using the GWT, Spring, and MyBatis frameworks.
- Developed ETL tools to enable data from certain databases to flow into other databases.
- Worked on a team and had to quickly learn how to use GWT and MyBatis frameworks to aid the team in development.
- Was given the full responsibility in my team to create any required regular expressions.
- Helped train a new employee—answering any questions and providing guidance on specific tasks.