- ConsultantASTRON2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: high-performance computing
- Designed a high-performance compute cluster that meets the computational requirements of the LOFAR International Radio Telescope.
- Wrote the technical specifications document of a European public Request for Offer (RFO).
- Co-Founder and CTOLucipher.net2013 - PRESENT
Technologies: OpenPGP, public key exchange, homomorphic encryption, Android, iOS, Bouncy Castle
- Co-founded the company.
- Invented and implemented a new method for public key exchange.
- Invented and implemented a provably and verifiably secure method for exchanging data within dynamic user groups wherein all users can invite new users. The method is to be used in group chat applications and electronic medical records, and also in military, police, and intelligence communities.
- Successfully applied for a Dutch high-tech stimulation grant.
- Followed the course “Cryptography I” at Stanford University and obtained a certificate of achievement.
- Experimented with latest homomorphic encryption schemes.
- Senior DeveloperMultinational Bank2014 - 2015
Technologies: Jenkins CI, Nolio/LISA, Java, Python, Hadoop
- Implemented Continuous Delivery (or Zero Touch Deployment") of Hortonworks Hadoop on a set of DTAP big data clusters, as part of the bank’s Datalake strategy.
- System Architect/DevOpsVancis2013 - 2013
Technologies: Hadoop, Xen, PXE, LDAP, HDP, Puppet
- Commissioned a 32-node RHEL cluster with PXE, kickstart, Xen, and Puppet.
- Deployed Hortonworks’ HDP on a virtualized, multi-tenant compute cluster.
- Helped design and implement virtualized network topology for multi-tenant compute cluster.
- Senior AdvisorSARA2006 - 2013
Technologies: high-performance computing, big data, machine learning & inverse modeling, grid computing, mass storage
- Developed CoPub, a literature-based keyword enrichment tool for microarray data analysis. See http://services.nbic.nl/copub/portal/.
- Invented, oversaw the development of, and managed BeeHub, a peta-scale data storage and exchange for academic research. See http://beehub.nl/.
- Invented, oversaw the development of, and managed the GridAppsPortal, a web portal for efficiently running common large scale computations (e.g., BLAST) on the LHC Compute Grid with tens of thousands of compute nodes and petabytes of storage. See https://apps.grid.sara.nl/.
- Advised and co-developed EsiBayes, a web portal for performing large scale inverse modeling, machine learning, and parameter optimization on the Dutch Life Science Grid (LSG) and National Compute Cluster (LISA). See http://www.esciencecenter.nl/projects/path-finding-projects/techniques-to-understand-complex-systems/.
- Ported a computationally intensive tomographic reconstruction algorithm from CPUs to GPUs (NVidia Tesla cards) with NVidia's CUDA and CuFFT toolkits. See http://www.nwo.nl/onderzoek-en-resultaten/onderzoeksprojecten/76/2300140976.html.
- OwnerQ-factor1997 - 2006
Technologies: scientific programming, parallel computing, vectorization, web programming
- Built some of the first eCommerce websites for clients including a large Dutch bookstore chain.
- Built an online, Flash-based game for the University of Amsterdam and a television broadcasting company (VPRO) that allowed academic economists to observe and experiment with human behavior in tit-for-tat games. http://hdl.handle.net/10419/86431.
- Built many high-performance computing applications for parallel compute clusters for clients including the University of Munich, Germany.
- Conducted big data analysis for the Netherlands’ largest video rental store chain (Videoland) for targeted marketing purposes.
- Built a system for administration and fiscal dispatching of car mileage logs for the city of Amsterdam in the Netherlands.