Senior Software Developer2018 - 2019Famous (via Toptal)
- Overhauled and refactored a front-end codebase to be manageable based on reusable components.
- Implemented theming functionality.
- Created a library of components in a storybook for designers and developers.
- Optimized and solved performance problems on web and desktop apps.
- Consulted on UI issues with designers.
- Testimonial: "Piotr is a fire-and-forget resource, and I'd work with him again without reservation" – David Brickhill, Vice President of Engineering.
Senior Engineer2018 - 2018Cortina Productions (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Redux, AngularJS, WebSockets
- Architected and built games in React, Redux, and WebSocket with a big focus on animations and speed. It was prepared for mobile and desktop devices with responsive graphics.
- Built multiple games (interactive experiences) in AngularJS and websockets—also with a focus on animation and performance.
- Consulted on projects where speed was crucial. I helped optimize animations and loading speed.
- Testimonial: “Piotr['s] skills and work ethic are top notch. [...] He was a huge asset for us, and I look forward to working with him again on future projects.” – Patrick Mittereder, Software Development Coordinator.
Senior Web Developer, Scrum Master, Front-end Manager2016 - 2018Consumer Affairs (via Toptal)
- Coached colleagues, resolved conflicts, built team spirit (which can be challenging when done remotely), and introduced new members to the team culture. During my time in this team, it became one of the best scrum teams in the company.
- Recruited employees, set goals, motivated the team, evaluated performance, and coached of developers. I was also a part of the team responsible for process refinement and Jira administration.
- Developed new features, reduced code debt, and optimized and maintained code. Page performance was really important, so I shared my knowledge with the team. Together, we experimented with AMP and with different approaches to code loading. We were able to cut two seconds (on average) in a three-month period.
- Testimonial: "Piotr is a natural problem solver and a great team leader. [...] Through his efforts has helped us shape what our engineering team is today. I would love to work with him again.“ – Ronald Timoshenko, Director of Architecture.
- Built AngularJS applications.
- Developed advanced charts in D3.js.
- Created REST API services (PHP, Frapi).
- Created an Adobe DPS app.
- Consulted on user experience and game design.
- Developed the build system from front-end projects ttps://github.com/pgawle/Bbuilder.
- Lectured on HTML5 games (https://vimeo.com/79727591).
- Created multiple interactive charts in D3.js for a portfolio page.
- Built the desktop version of NokiaMapsHere.com (JS, HTML, CSS).
- Optimized map components for better performance.
- Developed the mobile version of places (restaurant/hotel information) on maps so that it works on Symbian phones (JS, HTML, CSS).
- Worked with multiple internal and external APIs and services.
- Worked with different JS frameworks (MooTools, jQuery, Nokia internal).
- Created automated tests (qUnit, Selenium).
- Led the Places team as Scrum master and team leader.
Team Leader, Senior Front-End Developer, Junior Java Developer2006 - 2009BLStream Sp. z o.o.
- Developed web portals for mobile operators, insurance foundations, and local governments.
- Developed the back-end in Java EE.
- Consulted on user experience.
- Led the front-end division of the development team.