Senior Web Developer, Scrum Master, Front-end Manager
Consumer Affairs (via Toptal)
2016 - 2018
- "Piotr is a natural problem solver and a great team leader. He doesn’t just think about code, he also cares about the team and how it can become more effective. Piotr contributed code, created documentation, introduced processes, and through his efforts has helped us shape what our engineering team is today. I would love to work with him again and I expect him to continue to do great things with anything he sets his mind on." – Ronald Timoshenko, Director of Architecture.
- Developed new features, reduced code debt, and optimized and maintained code. Page performance was really important, so I shared my knowledge with the team. Together, we experimented with AMP and with different approaches to code loading. We were able to cut two seconds (on average) in a three-month period.
- Coached colleagues, resolved conflicts, built team spirit (which can be challenging when done remotely), and introduced new members to the team culture. During my time in this team, it became one of the best scrum teams in the company.
- Recruited employees, set goals, motivated the team, evaluated performance, and coached of developers. I was also a part of the team responsible for process refinement and JIRA administration.
2010 - 2018
- Built AngularJS applications.
- Developed advanced charts in D3.js.
- Created REST API services (PHP, Frapi).
- Created an Adobe DPS app.
- Consulted on user experience and game design.
- Developed the build system from front-end projects ttps://github.com/pgawle/Bbuilder.
- Lectured on HTML5 games (https://vimeo.com/79727591).
Capital Energy Data Services (via Toptal)
2016 - 2016
- Created multiple interactive charts in D3.js for portfolio page.
Nokia Gate5 GmbH
2009 - 2010
- Built the desktop version of NokiaMapsHere.com (JS, HTML, CSS).
- Optimized map components for better performance.
- Developed the mobile version of places (restaurant/hotel information) on maps so that it works on Symbian phones (JS, HTML, CSS).
- Worked with multiple internal and external APIs and services.
- Worked with different JS frameworks (MooTools, jQuery, Nokia internal).
- Created automated tests (qUnit, Selenium).
- Led the Places team as scrum master and team leader.
Team Leader, Senior Front-End Developer, Junior Java Developer
BLStream Sp. z o.o.
2006 - 2009
- Developed web portals for mobile operators, insurance foundations, and local governments (JS, CSS, HTML, FreeMarker, Velocity).
- Developed the back-end in Java EE.
- Consulted on user experience.
- Led the front-end division of the development team.