Senior Engineer2018 - 2018Cortina Productions (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Redux, AngularJS, Web Sockets
- Architected and built games in React, Redux, and web sockets with a big focus on animations and speed. It was prepared for mobile and desktop devices with responsive graphics.
- Built multiple games (interactive experiences) in AngularJS and web sockets—also with a focus on animation and performance.
- Consulted on projects where speed was crucial. I helped optimize animations and loading speed.
- Testimonial: "I have worked remotely with Piotr for close to a year now on a variety of interactive projects. His skills and work ethic are top notch. Even though we work on a 6 hour time difference, he made sure to always be available to the team no matter what.He was a huge asset for us, and I look forward to working with him again on future projects." – Patrick Mittereder, Software Development Coordinator at Cortina Productions.
- Testimonial: "I worked with Piotr on two projects over the last year in the production of two HTML-based games. The final products of both turned out amazing and were very well received. He is extremely easy to work with, and he's a very efficient and effective developer. Piotr was always very knowledgable about his work as well as any issues or bugs that arose. He was also always willing to help out other developers on the project to work through issues in a collaborative environment. This made solving problems very manageable. I hope to work with Piotr again on future projects!" – Luke Gallagher, Associate Producer at Cortina Productions.
Senior Web Developer, Scrum Master, Front-end Manager2016 - 2018Consumer Affairs (via Toptal)
- Developed new features, reduced code debt, and optimized and maintained code. Page performance was really important, so I shared my knowledge with the team. Together, we experimented with AMP and with different approaches to code loading. We were able to cut two seconds (on average) in a three-month period.
- Coached colleagues, resolved conflicts, built team spirit (which can be challenging when done remotely), and introduced new members to the team culture. During my time in this team, it became one of the best Scrum teams in the company.
- Recruited employees, set goals, motivated the team, evaluated performance, and coached of developers. I was also a part of the team responsible for process refinement and Jira administration.
- Testimonial: "Piotr is a natural problem solver and a great team leader. He doesn’t just think about code, he also cares about the team and how it can become more effective. Piotr contributed code, created documentation, introduced processes, and through his efforts has helped us shape what our engineering team is today. I would love to work with him again and I expect him to continue to do great things with anything he sets his mind on." – Ronald Timoshenko, Director of Architecture.
- Built AngularJS applications.
- Developed advanced charts in D3.js.
- Created REST API services (PHP, Frapi).
- Created an Adobe DPS app.
- Consulted on user experience and game design.
- Developed the build system from front-end projects ttps://github.com/pgawle/Bbuilder.
- Lectured on HTML5 games (https://vimeo.com/79727591).
- Created multiple interactive charts in D3.js for a portfolio page.
- Built the desktop version of NokiaMapsHere.com (JS, HTML, CSS).
- Optimized map components for better performance.
- Developed the mobile version of places (restaurant/hotel information) on maps so that it works on Symbian phones (JS, HTML, CSS).
- Worked with multiple internal and external APIs and services.
- Worked with different JS frameworks (MooTools, jQuery, Nokia internal).
- Created automated tests (qUnit, Selenium).
- Led the Places team as Scrum master and team leader.
Team Leader, Senior Front-End Developer, Junior Java Developer2006 - 2009BLStream Sp. z o.o.
- Developed web portals for mobile operators, insurance foundations, and local governments.
- Developed the back-end in Java EE.
- Consulted on user experience.
- Led the front-end division of the development team.