Verified Expert in Engineering
Mobile App Developer
Piotr started developing mobile apps in 2011 and has since had the opportunity to work with Microsoft and European Astronaut Centre where he's developed AI technologies with the goal of human exploration of the moon. Piotr has created dozens of mobile apps as both a freelancer and as an independent developer. His main interests are in mobile development and machine learning, however, he also likes to explore different technologies and challenges.
Kanban, Linux, iOS, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I have ever done is work with astronauts on applying AI for lunar exploration.
Freelance Mobile and Python Developer
- Refactored an iOS app for healthcare applications. Designed and implemented a new architecture to match business case and back-end services.
- Performed critical bug fixes on Python (Django) back-end system for healthcare applications.
- Implemented the Notification Extension for Point Of Sale application allowing for seamless customer experience on the iOS app for iPad with Swift.
- Implemented a white label app from scratch, serving as a wrapper for a web application. Integrated Facebook login and notification systems (Firebase cloud messaging).
- Implemented Swift wrapper over KaTeX, a JS Latex library allowing rendering complex latex expressions for use in native iOS apps. Implemented background rendering and cashing to minimise interface interruptions.
- Seamlessly refactored iOS and Android apps and implemented new features and improvements with no interruptions for 4,000 daily active users.
Independent Mobile Developer
- Developed apps for Apple’s App Store, in a variety of technologies, for both iPhones and iPads as well as macOS.
- Developed Apps downloaded over 600,000 times.
- Worked on the whole pipeline of building the app, starting from an idea and prototyping, production code, assets, and App Store publishing, marketing, and introduction of new features based on user feedback, finishing on user support and help.
- Developed applications for a variety of markets and categories including games, productivity apps, reference, image manipulation, and 3D graphics.
Machine Learning Trainee
European Astronaut Centre (ESA)
- Researched and developed machine learning architectures for human space exploration.
- Worked with astronauts on finding the best way to augment their work using machine learning.
- Developed an entire project from finding requirements, developing data sets, training ML model, and evaluating the results.
- Worked with multinational, multidisciplinary teams.
- Prepared data for scientific publications.
- Used Python to build Keras convolution based models, trained using transfer learning on VCC16 model. Dataset consists of samples gathered by Apollo astronauts on the moon.
Software Engeener Intern
- Worked on features related to calling for Microsoft Teams.
- Performed both front-end work as well as using layers for calling.
- Created prototype features and developed production elements.
- Worked on projects with millions of active users.
- Developed code that would be deployed in a multi-platform environment - iOS, web, desktop Mac, and Windows.
- Worked on accessibility features.
- Developed an Android application that provides control of the Android device by detecting brainwaves with EEG device.
- Developed from provided Python prototype into a commercial product.
- Kept in touch with investor and product lead.
- Enabled disabled and paralyzed people to communicate with the rest of the world.
- Developed Android application that can interact with the EEG device and provide an interface for the user.
Contract iOS Developer
- Developed multiple iOS applications in deferent technologies.
- Developed features and handled the App Store upload.
- Developed the update system for gaming machines.
- Developed a driver for RS-232 serial port device and implemented Slot Accounting System (SAS) Protocol.
- Experienced working on drivers for parallel port.
- Worked on gaming machines for casinos.
Weather on the Wayhttp://weatherontheway.app
Weather Radar Widgethttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/weather-radar-widget/id1532959739
Available for macOS 10.12 and later
- Drag and drop image in any format including PSD and PDF
- Just one input file - no need to split the design into images for every side
- Dimensions are easily modified based on designs
- Adjust the box in seconds, with live preview
- Snap to align tool for easy manipulation
- Renders in high resolution – up to 50 000 x 50 000 pixels
- Preserve layout while changing designs
- Adjust bevel, material's gloss, and shadow
- Manually enter dimensions directly in inches, cm, mm or pixels
- Supports dark mode in macOS Mojave
These patterns allow paralyzed users to manipulate user interface and communicate with their doctors, family, and the rest of the world.
Calendarium combines calendar of historical events with times of sunrise/sunset, number of the week, day, day length, moon phase and more.
–– What our users think ––
" Fascinating!" – Snaarl
"It is a great way to see the history of the day. I always learn something new." - Nancy Rohe
"Use this app every day! Fun to learn new info from a wide time range of history." - M1d2i3v4
"This is a trivia nerd's Nirvana and a history buff's Beulah! Bravo! to the developers of this app!" – jmhillpresley
• #1 App in 3 Countries
• #1 Reference App in 40 Countries
• Over half a million downloads
• On this day in history - Discover historical events and holidays and share it with your friends via mail, Twitter, Facebook or text message
• Sunrise and sunset time
• Planets View - Shows how all planets of the solar system are aligned right now
• Week number, day number, weekday and year
• Number of days passed from 1 Jan and days left until 31 Dec
• Moon phase
• Day length
• Geographic coordinates
• No Internet connection required
• Create art and relax in the process.
• Handcrafted color palettes selected by a professional artist
• Intuitive coloring — Color not only by tapping, but just like with pencil on an actual paper.
• Over 100 beautiful and varied designs from many categories from classics like animals and mandalas to zodiac signs, buildings and more.
• Smart color wheel that allows you to choose any color - swipe left and right to change hue, up and down to change saturation and zoom in and out to change the brightness
• Draw within lines or outside as you please
• Eraser and color picker to help you master the craft
• Easily change brush size with a simple slider
• Full Apple Pencil and iPad Pro support.
• No subscriptions — color whenever you want.
• Undo functionality
• Share in high definition with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or print with an AirPrint printer for FREE.
• New designs coming soon.
Sun’s and planets sizes are not to scale in order to show them clearly, but other parameters such as the size of orbit, eccentricity, shape of the orbit and position of planets are calculated using precise NASA data.
Planets are also realistically sized to each other.
Get into the right mood to study, relax, or sleep! Nature’s white noise is there! You will be a sleep machine.
– High-quality 3D recordings, perfect for listening on stereo headphones
– Every recording perfectly matched with high-quality video that will transport you into an audiovisual experience
– Optional timer that stops playback after a specified time. Disable the timer by pressing on the remaining time
– Full offline playback, on both audio and video
– Sound played in the background and when the screen is turned off
– Universal app for both iPhone and iPad, supporting all new devices such as iPhone X and iPad Pro
– New rain acenes coming soon
– 82 minutes of audio recordings
Krak Tram Map
Catch The Sunhttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/catch-the-sun/id980675701
Catch The Sun is a simple, colorful, and fun arcade game that forces you to make fast decisions and practice your reflex!
Collect power-ups to slow down enemies and act fast to receive bonus points.
Are you ready for a challenge?
Thick Red Linehttps://github.com/bialylis/ThickRedLine/
iOS SDK, UIKit, Swagger, Android SDK, Unity, AppKit, ARKit, MapKit, Django, SwiftUI, Angular, Qt, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Flask
Xcode, iTunes Connect, Git, Shell, Photoshop 7, Illustrator CC, Blender, Apple Push Notifications, Fastlane, Android Studio, WebView, GIS, Apache Maven, Final Cut Pro X, Jira, Confluence, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), LaTeX
Mobile Development, Promise, Unit Testing, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Kanban, Model View Controller (MVC), REST, Scrum, UI Design, Dependency Injection
iOS, MacOS, Mobile, Linux, Firebase, Apple TV, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, Web, Arduino, Windows, Ubuntu
App Store, iPad, iPhone, iOS Camera, Computer Vision, Computer Vision Algorithms, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Machine Learning, ML Kit, UI Testing, AVFoundation, Deep Learning, Swift Optionals, APIs, Machine Vision, Augmented Reality (AR), NSData, Software Development, Image Processing, Data Visualization, Algorithms, KaTeX, Push Notifications, Widgets, Computer Science, Web Development, Design, 3D Design, Early-stage Startups, Startups, Startup Consulting, Firebase Hosting, Games
Keras, PyTorch, Core Graphics, Core Image, Apple Maps API, Game Center, WebRTC, Node.js, SciPy, TensorFlow, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Android OpenGL, Facebook Login
JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite
Master's Degree in Computer Science
AGH University of Science and Technology - Kraków, Poland
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Computer Science
AGH University of Science and Technology - Kraków, Poland
Course in Space Rendezvous and Docking
European Astronaut Centre, European Space Agency