Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTThemis Solutions Inc. (Clio)
Technologies: Android, Ruby on Rails
- Developed several features for the Clio Android app.
- Developed the Clio REST API and API documentation.
- Researched and developed the chunk_upload API for uploading large documents inside Clio similar to Dropbox, Amazon S3, and Google drive.
Chief Product Engineer2012 - 2013Prever Canada Inc.
- Received funding and office space from the University of British Columbia entrepreneurship program.
- Created a natural language processing system that would extract articles on the internet and link them to large affiliate websites (Amazon and Target).
- Created an automated document categorization system using state of the art machine learning algorithms.
Full-time Research Assistant2010 - 2012University of British Columbia
Technologies: MATLAB, C++, Python
- Designed and implemented the software architecture of an environmentally aware, smart wheelchair.
- Reverse engineered the proprietary software that came with the wheelchair and built a more capable system using Willow Garage's Robotics Operating System in C++.
- Developed a mathematical model of the wheelchair structure and calculated the parameters of the model using statistical state estimation algorithms and ground truth data obtained from an indoor GPS system.
- Published and presented two scientific articles on the wheelchair platform in two peer reviewed conferences.
- Received funding from the University of British Columbia for my work.
Research Scholar2008 - 2009National ICT Australia and Australian National University
- Was offered a joint PhD scholarship from NICTA and The Australian National University (declined).
- Developed novel and accurate rigid body contact mathematical models for humanoid robotics.
- Implemented an accurate simulation model for a humanoid hopper in Simulink and MATLAB.
- Developed face detection algorithms for night vision systems using C++ and OpenCV.
- Published two scientific articles discussing my research in peer reviewed conferences.