Verified Expert in Engineering
Back-end and Database Developer
The most amazing...
...product I've designed is Microsoft Azure change tracking, one of the most popular Microsoft products, which scales to billions of virtual machines.
Salad Technologies, Inc.
- Designed the virtual Kubelet app that is used by the Salad cloud and is open source. (https://virtual-kubelet.io/).
- Spearheaded the project, which is used by an open-source community and by multiple Kubernetes community stakeholders.
- Oversaw the launch process and deployment of the Kubelet.
AI Lead Engineer
- Oversaw the product through to MVP and ready for beta release. Managed the launching of the beta release.
- Finetuned the LLM OpenAi for scheduling preferences of users to give more accurate prompt results.
- Gained experience using the conversational buffer memory to build the memory of individual conversations of the user interaction to build a preference persona.
Senior Engineer 2
- Designed and developed SaladCloud's shift left security system for Kubernetes protection of Linux servers.
- Orchestrated the connection to Kubernetes clusters, gathering and processing network events data from Kubernetes clusters.
- Scaled the system to handle one million requests per minute and efficiently ingested data into Cassandra from various Kubernetes clusters.
- Leveraged skills in Go, gRPC, Linux Network Stack, eBPF, Kafka, Cassandra, Helm, and DevOps.Leveraged skills in Java, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Maven, and DevOps.
- Collaborated with the team to ensure top-tier security for Kubernetes clusters using Kubernetes admission controller and operators.
- Gathered the network data of the Linux nodes and used Linux programming.
Woven Planet Holdings, Inc. - Main
- Designed, architected, and developed the map ingestion data pipeline for the map using various data engineering practices and tools, such as Java, ETL, MapReduce, Airflow, and Data Lake.
- Processed 70 to 200,000 tiles per map using a Go-based gRPC server, Python-based REST servers in 30 seconds, and Java-based Spring Boot servers.
- Built Go GRP servers to support the map testing platform and passed messages to Python-based AWS Lambdas for automated quality control.
- Utilized AWS and GCP (S3, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, Lambda, Step Functions) for cloud purposes and applied extensive DevOps experience in maintaining the infrastructure using IaaS tools like Terraform.
- Built the front-end system of the map authority displaying the front-end components, the status of maps, and allowing operations on the map.
- Handled a migration to microservices, identifying components and designing microservices using Java, Spring, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Back-end Developer | Release Manager
- Developed the back end of a healthcare application using technology such as Go and gRPC for medical research. The application was built from an MVP to a fully-fledged production application.
- Scaled the application from 100 to 1 million daily active users. Solved the problem of scalability using distributed application patterns and asynchronous application communication.
- Designed and developed the CI system of the project to scale the build process and provide the release management process.
- Developed video streaming applications using FFmpeg, HTML/CSS, and Node.js. Built scalable APIs using REST and integrated AWS SNS and SQS for real-time messaging.
- Integrated AWS EMR to process large datasets and developed a custom HTML/CSS video player using React. Worked on API integration projects, using React, Node.js, and Express.js to build secure and scalable applications.
- Architected microservices using Python/Node.js/Go for Gartner. The website serves the data using GraphQL and has a back end managed by IaaS DevOps solutions.
- Maintained the infrastructure using Terraform and Kubernetes and worked with AWS, including Lamda, CloudWatch, CloudSearch, MSK Kafka, SNS, SQS, S3, EC2, and Docker Azure.
- Designed an ETL solution that extracted data using MapReduce, TEZ, and Spark and inserted the data in Elasticsearch clusters. The solution was built with Go, Java, Python, and Kafka, and the scale was 200TB processed in 30 minutes.
- Worked in the cross-functional team, managed the dependencies, and led the developers to a perfect solution.
Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE)
- Designed and developed Azure change tracking (in Go) and migrated from .NET, C# that manages 800 million to 1.5 billion virtual machines and monitors changes in 48,000 files, 400 registries, and 500 software products every 10 seconds.
- Implemented Azure change tracking that could handle 10,000 transactions and 40,000 uploads per second. Used a Go-based agent that could run in Windows and Linux distros, gRPC, and a REST API for a Go server that was Dockerized and hosted in Azure.
- Oversaw the launch and ensured that the update management solution was generally available in Microsoft. Supported 70,000 virtual machines that were onboarded in 10-minute intervals and used the ELK stack for monitoring and live production issues.
- Monitored critical failures and bugs when the product became publicly available and solved 78 production fixes in one year.
- Led a team of six developers and architected the solution.
- Performed sprint planning and backlog grooming using the Agile framework and Jira tools.
Staff Software Engineer
- Developed the Atlassian support pipeline (Support.atlassian.com) for Trello. It has handled 30 million user support requests for Atlassian products and enabled the queries to be resolved using Spring Boot, Spring Reactive, and Java 10. Used OOP.
- Designed and developed the Atlassian Community platform, similar to Stack Overflow. The platform helps users resolve queries through the community and handles 10,000 requests and reads per day.
- Developed Transfer.atlassian.com, a file uploader service for Jira. It was designed using Spring, Java, and AWS to upload large files in the Jira platform with 5MB limits. We could upload 5GB of files using this service.
- Used Aws Sqs, SNS, Lambda, Aws StepFunctions, API gateways, Security Group, VPC, and other AWS-related technologies to support the infrastructure of the Atlassian support platform.
Software Development Engineer 3
- Developed a platform that hosts 30+ applications for Walmart. The applications have userbases of 100 to 100,000, and they are read-heavy distributed systems using Spring Boot. Users can build queries that run on 10PB of data in real-time.
- Enabled platform users to perform analytics on 10PB of data using Spark and Hive. Computations that used to take six hours can now be scaled and done in 30 minutes.
- Improved the ETL process in Walmart, which reduced the time to ETL the data from the Hadoop cluster, which was based out of China, from 12 hours to 30 minutes, using Spark Streaming.
Full-stack Developer | Lead Engineer
- Developed Morgan Stanley's Prime Brokerage application, which was used to generate reports, such as 5G and CCAR. These reports were ingested into the United States federal government's Axiom systems and used for auditing purposes.
- Designed file processing with 200,000 files inserted per day and extracted into an ETL system, which finally gets inserted into an Axiom-based system for auditing.
- Led deployments in the highly secured production environment that enables batch processing.
R&D Software Engineer
- Designed and developed an order management platform, which is one of Manhattan's top-selling products and responsible for online order assignments with optimal cost.
- Enabled Papa John's Pizza, McDonald's, and many other clients to increase the efficiency of order allocation to minimize costs based on various parameters, such as inventory, geo distance, and order queues.
- Assisted a team in implementing the greedy-based order allocation algorithm, which can scale to 1,000 orders per second and made this product a top-selling product for Manhattan.
Tata Consultancy Services
- Developed a project tracking system to keep records of all the active and completed projects. The projects are verified by Tata Capital to provide loan services to its customers.
- Designed front-end modules, using Angular Bootstrap and various other technologies for Tata Capital, which had many thousands of users.
- Launched the product across India so that multiple users could use it to get loans from Tata Capital.
Azure Change Trackinghttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/change-tracking/overview
In addition to authoring and designing an agent in Windows and Linux, using Go, Socket programming, Docker, Kubernetes, and Windows socket pipe, I designed the following:
• An agent that's able to handle high-concurrency throughput, using goroutines and reactive programming.
• The architecture using Azure, including Event Hubs, DevOps, Cloud Services, Kubernetes Services, CDPX, and Stack.
• An extensive testing framework for Windows and Linux agents, Makefile, Ruby, and Python 3, using Go-vektra and Selenium.
DirecTV Video Streaming
Spring, JUnit, Hibernate, .NET, Spring Batch, Apache Struts 2, Spring Boot, gRPC, Express.js, Angular, Akka 2, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Hadoop, OAuth 2, Spark, Spring 5, Mockery, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Django, Ruby on Rails 4, AWS HA
REST APIs, Node.js, React, MyBatis, ReactiveX, FFmpeg, TensorFlow, Terragrunt, OpenAPI
GoLand, Flyway, Servlet, Jenkins, Apache Maven, GitHub, IntelliJ, IDEA IDE, NPM, Elastic, Kibana, Logstash, Spark SQL, Atlassian SDK, CircleCI, GitLab CI/CD, ELK (Elastic Stack), Apache Avro, Bazel, Squirrel, Jira, Atlassian, Trello, Terraform, Apache Airflow, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Helm, Grunt
Microservices, REST, Database Design, DevOps, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), Cross-platform, Event-driven Architecture, MapReduce, Azure DevOps, Microservices Architecture, ETL, Agile
Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure, Apache Kafka, JVM, Oracle, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure Event Hubs, Azure Functions, Azure PaaS, Azure IaaS, Spinnaker, AWS Lambda
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Spring Data JPA, Cassandra, Redis, PL/SQL, Relational Databases, Azure Blobs, MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Memcached, Datadog, Elasticsearch, Docker Cloud, Databases, HDFS
Cloud, Apache Cassandra, Algorithms, Thread Scheduling, Reflection, Back-end, CI/CD Pipelines, Software Troubleshooting, Mentorship, Project Scoping, Containerization, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Software Design, Web Development, Machine Learning, Cosmos, HATEOAS, OAuth, Multithreading, Salesforce Service Cloud, Single Sign-on (SSO), APIs, Technical Leadership, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), ChatGPT, Artificial Intelligence (AI), GRC, Goroutines, Reactive Streams, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Team Leadership, Spring Cloud, Distributed Systems, System Design, OOP Designs, Database Algorithms, Data Structures, System Architecture, Software Release Management, IaaS, Release Management, Team Management, lakeFS, Kubernetes Operations (kOps), Chatbots, Architecture, AWS Certified Solution Architect, PostgreSQL 9, GPT, Delta Lake, LangChain, Pinecone, Data Engineering, ETL Tools, CosmWasm, P2P, Cosmos SDK, eBPF, Open Source, OpenAI
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
The Lakshmi Narain College of Technology (LNCT) - Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services
Sun Certified Java Developer
Sun Certified Java Web Component Developer