Co-founder and Lead Developer2014 - PRESENTErmlab
- Created a cloud-based data science platform using Python, RabbitMQ and Docker, Meteor, and MongoDB.
- Created a real-time Scrum project management tool that uses Gitlab as a back end.
- Created a web application for logging events and displaying them in real time using Meteor and MongoDB.
- Designed and implemented an algorithm for checking EU rules compliance for driving times and rest periods for road haulage, based on past driver activities.
- Assisted in creating a face tracking and eye detection REST API using Python and OpenCV.
Software Engineer2017 - 2019Community Technology Alliance (via Toptal)
Technologies: Meteor, Django, React
- Performed a major refactor of an exising HOME app codebase to improve code structure, readability and extensibility.
- Introduced a dependency injection, repository and adapter patterns to HOME app backed endpoints to improve testability and maintainability.
- Created new functionalites in HOME app, both on frontend (React) and backend (Meteor).
- Created an auxiliary REST API in Django.
- Set up CI/CD pipelines, server performance monitoring and logging infrastructure to support app development and maintenance.
Web Developer2017 - 2017CivicLift (via Toptal)
Technologies: Meteor, React
- Created various React components based on the client's specs.
- Created various Meteor.js-backed endpoints.
- Integrated Stripe payments into the app.
Assistant Professor2003 - 2017University of Warmia and Mazury
Technologies: Python, Matlab, Java, Hadoop, MySQL, PHP
- Lectured on algorithms and data structures, artificial intelligence, and distributed systems.
- Researched computer vision and image classification using Matlab and Python.
- Led a research project on similarity-based visual image retrieval. One of the project results was an image search engine created with Python, MySQL (front end), Hadoop, and Mahout (back end).
- Created a web system for submitting and grading student homework using Drupal.
- Created and maintained an international conference website using PHP and MySQL.
Web Developer2016 - 2016Plutio (via Toptal)
Technologies: Meteor, MongoDB
- Created a Conversations section with two-way integration with Slack and Todoist for discussing ideas and issues within a project.
Web Developer2011 - 2014Freelance
Technologies: Drupal, jQuery, PHP, MySQL
- Created a Drupal module for displaying recently read content, which has been installed over 1,500 times.
- Created a website offering TTS audio synthesis and playback for the visually impaired.
- Created an online booking and appointment scheduling system.
- Built a CMS for an association of nurse practitioners.
- Built a website for promotions.
Programmer2001 - 2004Interactive Vision
Technologies: C++, DirectX
- Led the development of a 3D WWII aircraft shooter game.
- Created a particle system for a search-and-rescue helicopter flight simulator.
- Created a military helicopter flight simulator.