Co-founder | Lead Developer2014 - PRESENTErmlab
- Created a cloud-based data science platform using Python, RabbitMQ, Docker, Meteor, and MongoDB.
- Built a real-time Scrum project management tool that uses GitLab as a back end.
- Developed a web application for logging events and displaying them in real-time using Meteor.js and MongoDB.
- Designed and implemented an algorithm for checking EU rules compliance for driving times and rest periods for road haulage, based on past driver activities.
- Assisted in creating a face-tracking and eye-detection REST API using Python and OpenCV.
Web Developer2020 - 2020Community Technology Alliance (via Toptal)
Technologies: GitLab CI/CD, Docker Compose, Django, React, Django REST Framework
- Built a front-end app supporting client management for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) using React.
- Developed a back-end portal and REST API app supporting client management for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) using the Django REST Framework.
- Set up CI/CD deployment, issue tracking (Sentry), and APM performance monitoring (New Relic) for the project using Docker, Docker Compose, and accompanying third-party software.
Software Engineer2017 - 2019Community Technology Alliance (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Django, Meteor
- Performed a major refactoring of the existing HOME app codebase to improve code structure, readability, and extensibility.
- Introduced a dependency injection, repository, and adapter patterns to the HOME app-backed endpoints to improve testability and maintainability.
- Created new functionalities in the HOME app, both on the front end (React) and back end (Meteor.js).
- Created an auxiliary REST API in Django.
- Set up CI/CD pipelines, server performance monitoring, and logging infrastructure to support app development and maintenance.
Web Developer2017 - 2017CivicLift (via Toptal)
Technologies: React, Meteor
- Created various React components based on the client's specs.
- Created various Meteor.js-backed endpoints.
- Integrated Stripe payments into the app.
Assistant Professor2003 - 2017University of Warmia and Mazury
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Hadoop, Java, MATLAB, Python
- Lectured on algorithms and data structures, artificial intelligence, and distributed systems.
- Researched computer vision and image classification using Matlab and Python.
- Led a research project on similarity-based visual image retrieval. One of the project results was an image search engine created with Python, MySQL (front end), Hadoop, and Mahout (back end).
- Created a web system for submitting and grading student homework using Drupal.
- Built and maintained an international conference website using PHP and MySQL.
Web Developer2016 - 2016Plutio (via Toptal)
Technologies: MongoDB, Meteor
- Created a conversations section with 2-way integration with Slack and Todoist for discussing ideas and issues within a project.
Web Developer2011 - 2014Freelance
Technologies: MySQL, PHP, jQuery, Drupal
- Created a Drupal module for displaying recently read content, which has been installed over 1,500 times.
- Created a website offering TTS audio synthesis and playback for the visually impaired.
- Built an online booking and appointment scheduling system.
- Made a CMS for an association of nurse practitioners.
- Developed a website for promotions.
Programmer2001 - 2004Interactive Vision
Technologies: DirectX, C++
- Led the development of a 3D WWII aircraft shooter game.
- Created a particle system for a search-and-rescue helicopter flight simulator.
- Built a military helicopter flight simulator.