Founder and CEO2017 - PRESENTDev Agency Startup
- Created a React native mobile app to collaborate with new and existing customers on their web based initiatives.
- Built systems to manage tech stacks and platform infrastructure via Ansible + Docker using various cloud providers like AWS, DigitalOcean, or on-premise environments.
- Created a system for managing the software development lifecycle of an app in development with integration with JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
Adjunct Professor2015 - PRESENTMiami Dade College
- Worked as a lecturer and instructor for the "Introduction to Web Development" course in the web development CodePRO program sponsored by The Knight Foundation.
- Worked as a lecturer and instructor for the PHP Intensive Track in the CS50x Miami program in conjunction with LaunchCode.
- Developed and organized course curriculum and objectives to maximize student comprehension and retention.
- Facilitated class instruction, evaluation, and assessment for student performance.
- Advised students on career outlook, industry options, and further progression.
Full-stack Engineer2016 - 2016V2 Electronic Cigarettes
- Led a project that focused on responsive optimization, front-end engineering, and development.
- Worked as a QA liaison - responsible for legacy systems upkeep and stability.
- Worked on DevOps support including aiding in server orchestration, management, and operations.
Director of Engineering2015 - 2016Rokk3r Labs
- Managed a large distributed team of engineers to estimate commission and breakdown projects to mitigate risks.
- Worked along side the CTO and partners to standardize development programs across all portfolio companies.
- Used agile tactics and custom workflows for fast UX/UI prototyping (static and dynamic), and supported staff with technology recommendations, guidance, and support.
- Setup an enterprise level SDLC including a continuous integration, deployment, and delivery pipeline.
VP Engineering2013 - 2014LiveNinja
- Recruited by co-founders to provide leadership and hands-on direction for the platform and technology space.
- Worked with an elite team of designers, developers, product owners, business developers, sales team members, marketing specialists, and community/office managers.
- Managed a team of designers and developers and led the technical direction of the new LiveNinja marketplace (in private beta) and Katana, a webRTC based call center in the cloud built using WordPress, Node.js, Socket.IO, npm modules, FreeSWITCH, and more.
Application Developer & WordPress Expert2012 - 2013VA Consulting Luxembourg
Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework 2, Symfony2, PHPUnit
- Worked with high profile clients like Yellow.lu, Sympass.lu, and Doctena.com to build, refactor, and optimize new and existing web applications using tools and frameworks like Zend Framework 1 and 2, Doctrine 2, PHPUnit, Vagrant, and Chef.
- Consulted and strategized with clients to deliver more business value in their products, improved and optimized various technical and business processes and workflows using custom built tools, and gained experience with Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- Prepared a tailored curriculum and delivered training and coaching to a combination of experienced and beginner web developers.
Tech/Design Engineer2010 - 2011Web Marketing For Dentists
Technologies: WordPress, LEMP
- Completely revamped the internal client in-take process for scale using WordPress, increasing productivity over 3500%.
- Trained and managed a small team of designers and developers to build out new templates.
- Built a prototype call analytics & metrics web tool, integrating information from Google AdWords and Marchex Call Analytics. This allowed the company to provide weekly income forecasting and loss reports (able to assign a dollar amount to missed calls).
Web Developer2006 - 2009Georgia State University
- Managed the Georgia State Facilities Information System's web presence.
- Redesigned the FIS department website to improve user experience, information architecture, ease of management, and up-keep by non-technical employees.
- Built several applications that solved mission critical problems with open source web technologies like PHP, MySQL, XML, and WordPress.