Verified Expert in Engineering
Quality Assurance Developer
Pujari is a highly motivated QA professional with 10+ years of experience in top product-based companies like Amazon and Grab. Heading to quality deliverables, setting up processes, and building strong QA teams, he's worked on products used by millions of customers from the ground up. Pujari is keen on testing and automating web, mobile, web services, and ERP applications.
Quality Assurance (QA), Test Planning, Test Case Development, QA Automation, API Testing, SQL, iOS, Android, Java, Selenium
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is the Grab Driver mobile app, available at the Play Store and App Store with over one million downloads and a 4.4-star rating.
Lead QA Engineer | Quality Planning Strategy
- Helped the team build a QA strategy and process, enabling the team to deliver a quality product as the first QA member of the organization.
- Improved the product quality by 90% by improving test coverage and coaching developers to write a unit test.
- Tested a mobile and web application that interacted with hardware beacons and delivered the project as per customer requirements.
- Created a detailed test documentation and test case to improve the test coverage by 100%.
- Conceived a detailed test plan for a mobile application based on iOS and Android as the first QA member hired for a mobile project with six developers.
- Reduced the production OPI by 80% through detailed test coverage and testing process.
- Performed feature testing and regression testing on a weekly basis to release the product to the App Store and Play Store.
- Set up the QA process as part of the software development lifecycle and aligned with the Scrum team on setting up the QA workflow.
- Coached developers on test-driven development and worked with the product manager to set up acceptance criteria for features and deliver them with great quality.
Lead QA Engineer
- Built a QA team of six members from the ground up and owned their performance. I also coordinated resources allocation, work assignments, and mentored the team on automation and manual testing expertise.
- Created a detailed test plan and case for Grab fintech products like Grab Wallet and Grab Link, which have millions of transactions daily and support more than ten million customers. Tested products for the mobile application (Android and iOS).
- Developed a mobile automation framework using Appium and automated 50% of smoke test cases for Android and iOS apps, which reduced the manual testing effort by 50%.
- Built a keyword-driven automation framework using Selenium WebDriver for automating the web application and automated 50 end-to-end automation cases, thereby saving three-person day efforts.
- Developed an API automation framework and automated ten different services with 60 APIs. I also integrated the automation to CI/CD, reducing two-person days for testing before deploying the service to production.
- Worked on multiple XXL-size projects of web and mobile applications (Android and iOS) as an individual contributor, leading to millions in revenue for the company.
- Coached the development team on code quality and maintained a high standard of 80% unit test coverage for the eight services I owned.
- Managed cross-tech family projects in different geographical locations and assigned tasks to the team, reviewing work quality and driving performance.
- Identified regression bottlenecks regarding the number of test cases to execute and person-days spent. I also reduced the effort taken for regression from three to one person per day by making data-driven decisions on pruning and automated test cases.
- Worked on performance testing using Locust to validate a distributed system's reliability and availability, measuring various performance metrics like load time, CPU, and memory utilization.
Lead QA Engineer
LeanSwift Solutions India Pvt Ltd
- Tested web and mobile applications (Android and iOS) for several eCommerce fintech customers by writing detailed test plans and test cases throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Created a detailed test plan and process for an ERP application that helped the team with a concise project to test and identify testing areas.
- Built a team of five QA members reporting directly to me, managing their performance and work deliverables. Mentored them with my technical and leadership expertise.
- Developed a Selenium-based keyword-driven automation framework for automating an end-to-end test and automated 50% of test cases, thereby reducing manual testing efforts by 50%.
- Performed performance tests using Locust to validate service reliability and availability.
Senior QA Engineer
- Developed a test plan, test scenario, and test case, owning the feature from the requirement stage until sign-off.
- Tested Amazon's developer portal web application by getting involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle, from requirements to production release and maintenance, and creating a detailed test plan and test case.
- Tested third-party Android apps on Fire OS and launched them to the Amazon Appstore. Tested and owned different components on Fire OS and launched a key component called Household Profile.
- Automated 200 test cases of web and mobile applications using a modular framework, thereby reducing by 50% the effort in the manual execution of test cases.
- Managed to test and release 40 third-party apps to the Amazon Appstore, which resulted in excellent customer experience, maintaining a 4-star rating for all the apps.
- Identified tools that help the QA team—like test rails—and made recommendations to the company on using tools for test case management.
- Worked on the Amazon Fire mobile project for system software testing.
- Contributed to the Amazon store payment system, which handles 100,000 requests per second.
REST API Automationhttps://github.com/pujarijdevan/ApiAutomation
The QA team has used it to automate web services and execute the back-end regression test case automatically.
Web Automation for SPH Grouphttps://github.com/pujarijdevan/CMSAutomation
Business Grant Web Portal UI Automationhttps://github.com/pujarijdevan/CypressUIAutomation
I worked on the entire manual and automation testing from the ground up by creating a test plan and test cases, setting up the QA process. I also set up a Cypress-based automation framework, automated 100% end-to-end flows, and integrated them into CI/CD, saving USD $50,000 in revenue by eliminating manual QA efforts.
ERP Mobile Application | Android and iOS (Manual Testing)https://github.com/pujarijdevan/Documents
Manual Testing | Web and Mobile Applicationhttps://github.com/pujarijdevan/CMS
Selenium, Cypress, TestNG, Locust, Allure Testing Framework, Appium
REST APIs, Node.js, React, WebDriver
REST Assured, Jira, GitHub, BrowserStack, Android Studio, Xcode, Jenkins, Pytest, GitLab, CircleCI, Shell, Kibana, TestRail, GitLab CI/CD
Load Testing, Agile, Testing, Test Automation, Manual Testing, Automated Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Automation, B2B, Stress Testing
Android, iOS, Docker, Apache Kafka, Linux, Unix, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Magento
Quality Assurance (QA), Web App Testing, Mobile App Testing, Test Planning, Test Case Development, Manual QA, Test Scripting, QA Testing, Manual Software Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Test Cases, Quality Control (QC), Automated UI Testing, UI Testing, Test Reporting, Quality Improvement, User Interface (UI), QA Leadership, QA Test Plan Management, eCommerce, Booking Systems, Travel, Strategy, QA Automation, CI/CD Pipelines, Sauce Labs, Fintech, Investing, Performance Testing, SaaS, Quality Auditing, API Testing, Test Case Execution, Exploratory Testing, LogRocket, B2C Marketing
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Anna University - Chennai, India
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring