Cloud Architect | Lead Developer2019 - 2020Private Investment Fund
- Worked with a colleague to design and implement a client dashboard, admin dashboard, and back end for a private cryptocurrency investment fund including viewing and managing funds, transactions, and graphing account balances.
- Responsible for the entire tech architecture, security, and implementation including negotiating timelines, solution expectations, and cost estimations with the client.
- Delivered on-time (~five months), under-budget, with tons of automation through various CI/CD pipelines which also included extensive documentation.
- Developed ~95% of all code for the dashboards, Node.js GraphQL server, and AWS infrastructure.
Core Software Developer (Four-month Co-op)2018 - 2018IBM
- Improved several performance metrics by 70-400% for an internal client dashboard built with React.
- Introduced dozens of new features, addressed over 140 issues, and improved the DevOps experience.
- Became the lead contributor withing eight weeks on the a three-year project that was vital to the success of our division.
- Created a Node.js security project called audit-ci and led the task of open-sourcing it through IBM's GitHub.
Data Analyst | Software Developer (Four-month Co-op)2017 - 2018Oculys Health Informatics
- Worked as the sole developer of an Angular 5 mobile-first web app that provides ED hospital managers with real-time and predictive analytics for how busy their department will be for the next few hours.
- Developed two-way data pipelines to feed data from machine learning algorithms and predictive models to a separate back end.
- Implemented additional infrastructure in Azure to provide near real-time streams across products within the company, saving $20,000/year over the initial solution proposed by the VP of engineering.
- Was directed by the CEO to present the solution directly to the head of an Ontario health system at a formal Gala.
Software Developer (Four-month Co-op)2017 - 2017Oculys Health Informatics
- Developed two apps: a touch-based patient bed assignment board for hospitals and a patient-status management dashboard.
- Discovered and fixed over 120 issues across several products including critical zero-day security vulnerabilities.
- Improved the first-paint performance by 50% and the 80th percentile critical path performance by 70%.
Lab Engineering Assistant2014 - 2017University of Waterloo Advanced Manufacturing Lab
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, 3D Modeling, Android, PLC, WinForms, C#
- Worked as the lead (sole) developer for the University of Waterloo's Management Engineering Undergraduate Laboratory.
- Designed, built, and programmed multiple PLCs and autonomous robots which can be seen at Youtu.be/NZgTCD0jfME.
- Developed a custom SCADA-like program from scratch in WinForm/C# to make the lab a smart system.
- Developed an Android app to provide real-time monitoring and controls for every device in the lab.
- Led dozens of demos and tours to parents, students, faculty, and business professionals including the president of Panasonic Canada.
Lead Java EE Full-stack Developer | SysAdmin (Four-month Co-op)2015 - 2016University of Waterloo
- Served as the lead developer on a team of two for a project that hosted a set of innovation assessments used by an Ontario ministry.
- Managed all security and code deployments to an on-premise Linux server.
- Handed off the project to my professor who continued development for several years and continued to use the same base and repeatedly mentioned that the foundation was solid enough to easily turn the 20,000 LOC project to 200,000 LOC.