Verified Expert in Engineering
Rachel is a skilled full-stack developer with over ten years of experience that has seen her deliver projects built with React, Node.js, Docker, Angular, GraphQL, WordPress, Shopify, and CraftCMS. She has worked in large development teams and worked alone. In any case, she is passionate about writing consistent, efficient, top quality code.
iOS Extensions, CSS, Docker, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Shopify, WordPress, Angular, NestJS, Flutter, GraphQL, Sass, Node.js, React
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on was a curriculum management web application built with React and Typescript used by universities across Australia and the UK.
- Built custom WordPress and Shopify themes from scratch for multiple brands.
- Debugged, maintained, and enhanced existing websites.
- Implemented SEO, Google Analytics, site maps, metadata, etc.
- Developed a curriculum management app that is used by course creators and students in universities across Australia and the UK.
- Overhauled the development environment using Docker to help with onboarding issues and slow set up time.
- Refactored legacy components using a React component library to enhance maintainability and consistency across all products.
- Applied theme styling to products to see one code base used by multiple clients.
- Worked on a React application for a large Australian shopping center with an API server to be integrated with other centers of the same company.
- Wrote development workflows and processes and coached junior developers to help ensure consistent and maintainable code.
- Tested and debugged projects using Github bug trackers and ClickUp task tracker.
- Worked closely with designers to create consistent style systems across projects.
- Worked in agile project teams and assisted with planning and showcasing project tasks.
WordPress Theme for Factor5 Softwarehttp://www.courseloop.com
I used Sass in the WordPress theme to build out the brand styling and compiled the project using Gulp.
Shopify Theme for Somebuddy Loves Youhttp://somebuddylovesyou.com.au
I worked closely with a designer to build out this theme and enable as much dashboard configuration as possible. I also helped with the migration of the products from the legacy site by building a custom Node.js application that uses the Shopify Rest API.
Sass, CSS, GraphQL
React, Node.js, iOS Extensions, Shopify API
WordPress, Firebase, Docker, Shopify, DotCMS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Craft CMS
React Native, Next.js, NestJS, Angular, Jest, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Flutter