Data Engineer2019 - 2020Hart Inc.
Technologies: Apache Airflow, Scala, Python, Spark, Hadoop, PySpark
- Designed and developed an ML-based health data search engine via automated schema prediction.
- Modified existing databases to meet unique needs and goals determined during initial evaluation and planning process.
- Wrote scripts and processes for data integration and bug fixes in Python, Scala, and Java.
- Planned, engineered, configured, and deployed ML tooling and big data solutions while supporting software in a Hadoop-Spark ecosystem.
TechOps Engineer2018 - 2019Telescope Inc.
- Built business logic for voting applications and directly support the world's largest live shows such as The Voice, American Idol, and Dancing with the Stars.
- Advised and provided versatile big data solutions using AWS (Dynamo, S3, EC2, etc.) to meet needs of clients.
- Wrote unit tests in Python to automate product validation.
- Researched and developed the integration of smart home devices to the current platform, provided prototypes as a proof of concept to executives/clients, and improved profit margins by launching new add-on projects for existing clients.
Development Engineer/Engineering Consultant2016 - 2018UCLA, Various Startups (Vortex Biosciences Inc., Ferrologix Inc., etc)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), R, MATLAB, Linux, Tableau, AWS, SQL, Python
- Wrote code to automate statistical analysis on vision data (live/recorded microscopic images/videos) using data science and computer vision tools in Python, MATLAB, and R.
- Trained employees on usage of aforementioned codes remotely.
- Addressed R&D issues from data mining perspective in developing microfluidics platforms for medical applications.
- Authored publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Consulted start-up companies and assist director with project management.
Robotics Researcher2014 - 2016UCLA
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java, AWS, Robot Operating System (ROS), C++, R, MATLAB, Python
- Developed algorithms to be tested on custom humanoid platforms using Simulink, Python, C++, Lua, ROS, LabView, and COMSOL.
- Maintained robot platforms using CAD, 3D rapid prototyping and CNC mill.
- Competed in DARPA Robotics Challenge Final as Team THOR. (USA, Jun 2015).
- Competed in RoboCup as Team THORwIn (China, Jul 2015) – 1st place winner in the adult-sized humanoid open platform.
- Work as robotics education outreach activity coordinator.