Verified Expert in Engineering
Rachel is a big data professional experienced in various domains including robotics, biotech R&D, entertainment/media, and healthcare. With 8 years of experience in technologies for data mining and machine learning, she's a proactive leader with strengths in communication and collaboration. She is proficient in leveraging the Hadoop-Spark ecosystem, using ML knowledge to promote automated data solutions, and managing concurrent objectives to promote efficiency and influence positive outcomes.
Sublime Text, Anaconda, Atom, PyCharm, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Vector Databases, Azure, Authentication, APIs
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a machine/deep learning based automatic query generator tool. It utilizes Spark MLLib and Keras.
- Designed and developed an ML-based health data search engine via automated schema prediction.
- Modified existing databases to meet unique needs and goals determined during initial evaluation and planning process.
- Wrote scripts and processes for data integration and bug fixes in Python, Scala, and Java.
- Planned, engineered, configured, and deployed ML tooling and big data solutions while supporting software in a Hadoop-Spark ecosystem.
- Built business logic for voting applications and directly support the world's largest live shows such as The Voice, American Idol, and Dancing with the Stars.
- Advised and provided versatile big data solutions using AWS (Dynamo, S3, EC2, etc.) to meet needs of clients.
- Wrote unit tests in Python to automate product validation.
- Researched and developed the integration of smart home devices to the current platform, provided prototypes as a proof of concept to executives/clients, and improved profit margins by launching new add-on projects for existing clients.
Development Engineer/Engineering Consultant
UCLA, Various Startups (Vortex Biosciences Inc., Ferrologix Inc., etc)
- Wrote code to automate statistical analysis on vision data (live/recorded microscopic images/videos) using data science and computer vision tools in Python, MATLAB, and R.
- Trained employees on usage of aforementioned codes remotely.
- Addressed R&D issues from data mining perspective in developing microfluidics platforms for medical applications.
- Authored publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Consulted start-up companies and assist director with project management.
- Developed algorithms to be tested on custom humanoid platforms using Simulink, Python, C++, Lua, ROS, LabView, and COMSOL.
- Maintained robot platforms using CAD, 3D rapid prototyping and CNC mill.
- Competed in DARPA Robotics Challenge Final as Team THOR. (USA, Jun 2015).
- Competed in RoboCup as Team THORwIn (China, Jul 2015) – 1st place winner in the adult-sized humanoid open platform.
- Work as robotics education outreach activity coordinator.
Data Type Predictor
Semantic Type Predictorhttps://sherlock.media.mit.edu
This implementation predicts the semantic type of fields in a given database. It is useful for cleaning data and matching schema.
Single Cell Image Identifier
Spark, Selenium, Hadoop, Django
Spark ML, PySpark, REST APIs
Apache Airflow, Spark SQL, MATLAB, PyCharm, Atom, Sublime Text, Flume, Tableau
ETL, RESTful Development
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, Databricks, Azure, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Anaconda, Apache Kafka
Scraping, Web Scraping, Data Scraping, Vector Databases, Authentication, APIs, Robotics, Robot Operating System (ROS), Machine Learning, Deep Learning
Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
University of California, Los Angeles - Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Biomedical Engineering
Johns Hopkins University - Baltimore, MD
Big Data Hadoop Certification