Python Developer in Brno, South Moravian Region, Czech Republic
Full-stack Developer2016 - PRESENTToptal, LLC
- Created a dashboard that gathers data from Slack API and presents them in a concise form.
- Implemented a Slack bot that sends automated reports and notifies users about various events.
- Developed a dashboard that collects data from Google BigQuery API to provide early warnings about potential problems.
- Worked on a system that prevents fraud using Microsoft Cognitive Services API.
- Implemented user authentication using both Slack OAuth API and Google OAuth API.
Shopify App and Theme Developer2016 - PRESENTWeAreEight (via Toptal)
- Built custom Shopify themes with advanced user interaction.
- Converted Shopify themes for use in Storefront Theme Editor.
- Created an application embedded in Shopify's administration interface.
- Integrated the Shopify application into the customer-facing part of a Shopify store.
- Implemented free and paid plans for a Shopify application with limited features available in the free plan.
Lead Software Developer2013 - PRESENTS.O.K. Stavebni, s.r.o.
- Created a web-based information system for a construction company.
- Provided technical analysis and decision-making during the implementation.
- Created a mobile application to collect data directly on construction sites.
- Created tools to support construction results analysis.
- Implemented a solution for data exchange with external tools (e.g., accounting, project planning).
- Created a comprehensive test suite and deployed a continuous integration system for it.
Software Engineer2009 - 2016Red Hat
- Created a dashboard targeted to developers that gathers data from various services and helps developers to prioritize.
- Created a system service that is used to check whether customer virtualization use matches their subscription.
- Created a tool for Linux system management using industry standards.
- Maintained software packages for both Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Deployed a continuous integration system for automated testing of project components.
- SOKIS (Development)
SOKIS is web-based information system for a construction company, designed and created from scratch using Agile principles. The main targets are project planning, resource management, monitoring risks and performance, and evaluation of results. Currently in use.
I am the lead software developer of this project.
The server side is written in Python using Django framework. The client side consists of several rich web applications and a mobile application written using Apache Cordova framework.
- Virt-who (Development)https://github.com/virt-who/virt-who
Virt-who is an open source tool that monitors a hypervisor (local or remote) or virtualzation management system and reports what guests are running on what hypervisor. It supports libvirt, VMWare ESX(i) and vCenter, vdsm and RHEV-M, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer as a hypervisor, and Satellite 5 and Satellite 6 as reporting targets. It's written in Python. I'm the original author and main contributor.
- Todo:Read (Development)https://github.com/rnovacek/todoread
An award-winning mobile application for Meego and Blackberry for reading postponed articles written in C++ and Qt.
- Developer Dashboard (Development)
A web application that gathers data from multiple sources and presents them in concise form. Developers can use it to easily see what tasks and deadlines they have, and it helps them to plan and prioritize.
FrameworksJinja, Django, Flask, Knockout.js, Bootstrap, React Native, Cordova, Redux, Qt Quick, Qt
Libraries/APIsDjango ORM, jQuery, SQLAlchemy, React, Vue.js, peewee, D3.js
ToolsPytest, Apache, Nginx, PyCharm, Webpack 2
ParadigmsTesting, Continuous Integration (CI), REST, Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Concurrent Programming
PlatformsLinux, Shopify, Docker, Android
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite
- Master's degree in Information Technology2009 - 2011Brno University of Technology - Brno, Czech Republic
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology2006 - 2009Brno University of Technology - Brno, Czech Republic