Verified Expert in Engineering
Rado is a developer with versatile programming and problem-solving skills and four years of software development experience. Furthermore, he conducted cutting-edge research about graph algorithms and published 50+ research articles. His main strengths are in back-end development, but his diverse professional experience allows him to work efficiently on the front end. Rado's industry experience is backed by a bachelor's and master's degree in computer science and a PhD in mathematics.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), IntelliJ IDEA, Microsoft Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is discovering the first fast algorithm for the clustered planarity problem, which was open for 25 years.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Designed and implemented back-end service modules for a fintech app deployed to AWS based on Java and Kotlin, including integration and unit tests.
- Built API clients and workflows for processing financial transactions based on the Plaid and Galileo API in the back end of a fintech app.
- Executed automatic messaging infrastructure based on Courier API in the back end of a fintech app.
- Created admin tools for a fintech app in Retool, allowing monitoring of events and managing and uploading documents.
- Performed regular code reviews and actively participated in brainstorming sessions to identify product improvements.
- Contributed to a Python module for extracting information from tax forms based on Amazon Textract.
University of California San Diego
- Taught online undergraduate-level courses on calculus, probability theory, and applied mathematics.
- Organized guest lectures for students given by experts working in the industry.
- Prepared study materials and pre-recorded lectures for online courses.
- Published a research paper in the Symposium on Computational Geometry, the leading venue in computational geometry.
- Managed teaching assistants who led discussion sessions in my classes and graded students' work.
Columbia University, IST Austria, University of Arizona
- Resolved several long-standing open problems that withstood serious attacks from leading experts in computational geometry.
- Improved the best-known quantitative estimates relaxing Conway's thrackle conjecture with a computer-assisted proof implemented in C++.
- Confirmed experimentally the feasibility of a novel network visualization algorithm by its implementation in Python.
- Created an educational application in Java, illustrating several phenomena pertaining to the geometric representation of graphs and circle packings.
- Researched the connection between cascade and graphical models of influence spread over networks.
- Published several research articles in the proceedings of leading venues on algorithms and computational geometry: ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA) and Symposium on Computational Geometry (SoCG).
- Invited to the program committee of the 24th, 26th, and 28th International Symposium on Graph Drawing and Network Visualization.
- Implemented a substantial part of the initial release of the first flight reservation website in Slovakia, pelikan.sk, based on ASP.NET and mainly written in C#.
- Built a desktop application as a user interface for a standalone database in Delphi with Object Pascal.
- Implemented a substantial part of the initial release of slovakia.travel information portal based on ASP.NET and mainly written in C#.
I designed and integrated a module for generating triangulated meshes and their duals. Furthermore, I improved by order of magnitude the running time of implementing functionality for computing distances in graphs through a recently discovered heuristic and advanced optimization techniques.
Toptal React Academyhttps://github.com/rfulekjames/restaurant
Angular Energy for Graph Visualizations
Flight Reservation Web Application
Spring Embeddings and Circle Packings
Atomic Embeddability, Clustered Planarity, and Thickenabilityhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clustered_planarity
YouTube Transcript Summarizerhttps://github.com/rfulekjames/youtube-transcripts-summary
In this project, I performed the following:
• Designed the back-end architecture and set up development and deployment infrastructures.
• Synchronized work between front-end and back-end developers.
• Implemented authentication and authorization functionalities.
I implemented it in Java SpringBoot with MySQL data tier.
I developed an advanced search functionality and integrated it with a third-party weather API. A reporting functionality supports PDF for average speed and distance per time period.
Node.js, React, Matplotlib, NumPy, REST APIs, SciPy, Pandas, Plaid API, Liquibase, OpenAPI, Asyncio, PySpark, Chai, Sinon.JS
Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, Windows, Ubuntu Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Linux, Docker, AWS Cloud Computing Services, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Ubuntu, Amazon EC2, Cloud Native
Combinatorics, Graph Theory, Computational Geometry, Data Structures, Algorithms, Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Back-end, Algebra, Combinatorial Optimization, Linear Algebra, Languages, Applied Mathematics, Probability Theory, University Teaching, Presentations, Communication, APIs, Software, Back-end Development, Matrix Algebra, Technical Writing, Writing & Editing, Technical Documentation, API Documentation, Computational Topology, Complexity Theory, Regular Expressions, Amadeus, Operations Research, Probabilistic Graphical Models, Neural Networks, Bayesian Inference & Modeling, AWS DevOps, Retool, Quantitative Analysis, Web Development, Fintech, Multithreading, Full-stack, SMS, Artificial Intelligence (AI), WebSockets, API Integration, Serverless, PDF, Online Payments, Webhooks, Front-end, Low Code, Data Processing, Debugging, Geometry, 3D Math, User Interface (UI), Learning Management Systems (LMS), Relational Database Design, CI/CD Pipelines, Quantitative Modeling, Software Development, Bayesian Statistics, Statistics, Cloud Services, Cloud Infrastructure, Cloud Architecture, Integration Testing, Chrome Extensions, OpenAI API, ES6 Promises, GitOps, Web Scraping, Amazon RDS, AWS SAM, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Cognito, Web Security, Vectors, Calculus, AWS Cloud Architecture, Networking, Code Deployment, Codebase Development, Integration, RESTful Services, Architecture, OpenAI GPT-3 API, Cloud, GitHub Actions, Middleware, AWS Textract, Amazon Textract, MVP Design, Machine Learning
LaTeX, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, Spring Tool Suite (STS), Visual Studio .NET, Microsoft Visual C++, Jupyter, Git, Gradle, Apache Maven, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Spreadsheets, Plaid, Cloud Dataflow, GitHub, Prism, Mongoose, Mocha
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Parallel Computing, Data Science, REST, Low-code Development, Serverless Architecture, Unit Testing, Microservices, DevOps
Databases, Relational Databases, MySQL, JSON, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, Data Pipelines, Google Cloud, MongoDB
Spring Boot, ASP.NET, Dagger 2, Javalin, Spring, .NET, Swagger, JPA, Hibernate, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Flask, Django, Selenium, OAuth 2, Mockito, JUnit, Express.js
PhD in Mathematics
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology - Lausanne, Switzerland
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Simon Fraser University - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Comenius University - Bratislava, Slovakia
AWS Solutions Architect Professional
Amazon Web Services
AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Developer - Associate
Amazon Web Services
Toptal React Academy Graduate