Verified Expert in Engineering
Radomir is a principal software engineer with a robust software architecture background and the ability to find simple solutions to complex problems. He is passionate about good practices, clean code, software architecture, Agile methodologies, and leading teams. You'll often find him acting, playing guitar, fishing, etc., and trying to convince people to use the Agile methodology in all those fields.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), WebStorm, Git, OS X, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Node.js, React Redux, Docker
The most amazing...
...project has been Sema: I led the whole engineering—about 20 developers and QAs—divided into several remote teams with time zones worldwide.
Head of Engineering
Sema Technologies, Inc.
- Led engineering efforts divided into several remote teams with developers and QAs in many different time zones.
- Worked closely with the product team to determine the product direction and requirements.
- Led the integration with GitHub for fetching all PRs and other data about repo and presenting those in different graphs illustrating developers' activity, collaboration, etc.
- Managed architectural improvements to support a much more extensive data load on the product.
- Introduced a tech debt improvement program, thanks to which the company made significant improvements in some fields.
- Led the company's transition into an Agile approach with a more flattened hierarchy, planning poker, pair programming, etc.
- Oversaw the transition to involve the team of developers and QAs in grooming, planning, and estimating stories.
Principal Full-stack Developer
- Managed a team of 8–10 developers in the development and architecture of the product.
- Spearheaded the creation of the global app, moving the various country-specific apps toward a unified solution. It focused on feature enabling and JSON config, which allows a very different business logic for each country with the same codebase.
- Oversaw the multitenancy solution for the global app and database schema migration.
- Led the global app release in several countries with localized logic for each country.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Led the third-party back-end integration with the Capillary loyalty service for the Thai market, resulting in new services on our side.
- Headed the Thai market team on new feature implementation and prod support.
- Managed and developed new features for the admin panel.
- Established the basic architecture, set up the app from scratch, and created the project MVP.
- Led the team's implementation of new features on the back end.
- Created personalized marketing services for SMS, emails, and push notifications with flexible templating.
- Developed a third-party, additional data-fetching feature for marketing services, e.g., weather forecasts based on the user's search flight destination and date.
- Built a flexible builder for reports (about 50 types of reports with additional filtering and additional subquery data) based on big data tables of about 500 million rows per table.
- Designed big data tables and improved the performance of big data queries.
- Implemented data fetching and filtering of contacts, searches, bookings, and so on from big data.
- Implemented other minor features like profile operations, operation history tracking, roles/permissions, a URL shortener, and more.
- Fostered and managed team communication with the product manager concerning the grooming and scoping new features.
- Led the team's implementation of a generic solution for creating insurance questionnaires, which vastly sped up our business response to market needs.
- Created a custom email service and improved a notification service by making it flexible and testable.
- Onboarded new employees through pair programming and mentoring programs.
- Implemented, tested (TDD), and released new features.
- Worked closely with the product manager on scoping and planning.
- Improved the flexible image rendering infrastructure so that it was easier and more flexible.
- Added support for text rendering for OS X and improved the support for OS X on other features.
- Implemented new features on DirectX Windows support.
Software Development Engineering Intern
- Created analytics on duplicate entities in Bing's local search engine.
- Targeted the most common patterns of given duplicates.
- Created a ranker that removes given duplicate entities by location and chain.
- Released this feature with help of a senior developer and mentor.
Software Engineer Intern
- Improved the performance of the Sybase Event Stream Processor Compiler.
- Synchronized some readers and writers in Sybase Event Stream Processor in order to see how this will affect performance.
- Analyzed, with the help of a mentor, the potential impact of these changes in different cases—specifically on the performance.
- Developed test features that weren't supposed to be released; they were used to get a better idea of a potential solution which would improve the performance in all cases.
Insurance Shopping Questionnaire Engine
Bot for Placing Bets
Crypto Trade Bot
It discovers coin stocks that are about to be pumped and buys them before the name of that coin stock is sent to those groups so that the price is still relatively low. The bot then sells the coin stock at a price before the dumping occurs. The bot is meant for the pump-and-dump trade only and can't be used for other purposes.
Technologies used: Python.
Swagger, Express.js, Jasmine, Redux, Bootstrap, Jest, React Native, Next.js, AngularJS, NestJS, Selenium, Cypress
React Redux, React, Node.js, REST APIs, GitHub API, React Router, OpenAPI, Objection.js, DirectX, OpenGL
Git, GitHub, Jira, Mocha, Webpack, Mongoose, NGINX, RabbitMQ, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Jenkins, WebStorm, Subversion (SVN), BigQuery, MATLAB
Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile, Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Unit Testing, Microservices, Microservices Architecture, Agile Software Development, Web Architecture, REST, Pair Programming, DevOps, Scrum, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Testing, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment, HTML DOM, UX Design, E2E Testing, Extreme Programming, Functional Programming, Continuous Integration (CI), Management
Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ubuntu, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), OS X, AWS Lambda, Mobile, Heroku, Linux, Kubernetes, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), NoSQL, Redis, Google Cloud, MariaDB
Communication, Agile Software Testing, Integration Testing, Software Architecture, Technical Leadership, Full-stack, Team Leadership, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), APIs, Architecture, System Architecture, Startups, Full-stack Development, Back-end, Back-end Development, CTO, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Teamwork, Agile Leadership, Authentication, Large-scale Projects, Single-page Applications (SPA), Front-end, Front-end Development, Leads, Stock Trading, Third-party APIs, Web Applications, SaaS, Task Automation, Agile Sprints, Leadership, Cloud, MERN Stack, CI/CD Pipelines, Startup Consulting, Early-stage Startups, MVP Design, Solution Architecture, Charts, Data Visualization, Big Data, Large Scale Distributed Systems, Data Engineering, Scope, RESTful Microservices, Trading, Options Trading, Serverless, Metrics, Scalable Architecture, Software Design, Web Development, Big Data Architecture
Master's Degree in Computer Science
University of Belgrade, Faculty of Mathematics - Belgrade, Serbia
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Belgrade, Faculty of Mathematics - Belgrade, Serbia