CTO2016 - PRESENTLudosProject
Technologies: Python, React, React Native, AWS, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Prometheus, Grafana, Flask, Falcon, SQLAlchemy, Alembic, Django, GitHub, AWS Lambda, Locust.io
- Performed extensive code reviews.
- Orchestrated dozens of virtual servers and databases, across multiple environments on AWS using Ansible, Terraform, and Packer.
- Owned all architectural choices.
- Created production-quality REST APIs in Python with authentication, logging, and metrics instrumentation (using Prometheus).
- Performed load testing and benchmarking of every developed microservice using Locust.io, Ab, Apib, and Wrk.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained back-ends on Amazon Web Services for various games and applications.
- Designed gorgeous metric dashboards using Grafana that allow every team member to see a high-level overview of the environments as well as dig into details if needed. Data sources included: AWS CloudWatch metrics, self-hosted Prometheus instance, and SQL connectors.
- Benchmarked and tuned the whole application stack from Linux kernel parameters through Nginx/uWSGI configuration options to AWS design choices.
- Consulted as the go-to guy for hard technical and business problems for the whole team.
- Negotiated with clients and analyzed requirements for upcoming games and services.
Senior Python Developer2018 - 2018Croscon (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Flask, React, Backbone, Marionette, Docker, Celery, SQLAlchemy, Peewee, MySQL
- Extended and fixed business-critical functionality for live customers.
- Worked on asynchronous file import/export endpoints for high-volume bulk transfers.
- Implemented new end-user workflows involving schema migrations.
- Integrated a React web app with REST API.
- Improved code coverage by writing functional and unit tests for new and existing code.
- Introduced type hints to a Python 3.6-based project.
- Migrated Peewee ORM from version 2.x to 3.x in an API with complex queries.
- Worked with MySQL with custom DB-level encryption requiring key sharing through Celery tasks.
Senior Full-stack/Python Engineer, Team Lead2015 - 2017STX Next
- Managed multiple products in the whole project.
- Decided on architecture for each application.
- Analyzed client requirements and advised clients on technology choices.
- Managed the whole software development cycle of multiple, cross-dependent production services.
- Developed a branching strategy in Mercurial.
- Reviewed code for every change made by every developer in my team.
- Advocated and coached team members on pair programming and automated testing.
- Owned and handled DevOps tasks, including orchestration and configuration management of environments and services using Ansible and Vagrant.
- Ensured that complicated and intertwined stuff worked according to business rules.
- Maintained multiple production applications, both legacy and greenfield.
- Wrote documentation and tutorials for new developers.
- Gave technical interviews and provided technical onboarding for many highly skilled employees.
- Managed the whole team: trained and coached them, performed appraisals, and planned goals for upcoming months.
Senior Python Engineer2014 - 2015STX Next
- Worked in Agile teams on multiple production services for the banking sector delivering immense business value.
- Analyzed complicated requirements and planned work for Scrum sprints.
- Managed and improved a legacy codebase while simultaneously delivering business value by developing new features.
- Presented products to new and existing clients.
- Advised clients on technology choices.
- Managed a Jenkins CI server, BI dashboards, and multiple virtual servers.
- Focused on quality, automating unit and integration tests.
- Educated colleagues on proper testing, mocking techniques, and advanced VCS usage.
- Continuously improved code testability and maintainability even in the legacy parts of the system.
Technical Referent2013 - 2014Poznan University of Technology
Technologies: Python, TFTP, PXE, Linux
- Ensured that researchers and students had working equipment and environments to work with.
- Managed computer networks, CS lab equipment, and various on-premises hosted platforms (ticketing system, project management software).
- Automated the provisioning of OSes in every lab using TFTP and PXE.
Software Engineer/Researcher2012 - 2014Poznan University of Technology
Technologies: Python, Fabric, Invoke, Java, C, SIP, OpenIMS, LaTeX, UML
- Developed a network testbed management framework in Python for scheduling experiments on wireless nodes.
- Designed an experiment description language and parser allowing reproducible test runs on this framework.
- Developed Linux kernel modules integrating with a Linux network stack and improving QoS scheduling.
- Designed and implemented crawlers/scrapers for Twitter and Facebook (both API and front-pages) using Java.
- Developed SIP clients integrating with a self-hosted Open IP multimedia subsystem.
- Wrote academic papers and performed wireless network related research.
- Designed experiment scenarios and user stories to be included in my papers.
- Supervised work of students and interns.