DevOps/Full-stack Engineer2018 - PRESENTHawkker (via Toptal)
- Used AWS CloudFormation templates (Infrastructure as Code) to provision multiple identical highly available AWS environments. Integrated Sentry and DataDog agents, enabling the monitoring of every environment and release process.
- Maintained and extended a Django-based REST API as well as React-based SPA. Migrated from Django v1.11 to v2.2 in a production-serving REST API.
- Used Python to automate the deployment and release process of both back-end API and front-end SPA. Integrated with AWS CloudFormation for verification of parameters for each environment.
- Introduced GitBook as a documentation hub and configured GitHub projects. Wrote extensive documentation on the release process of all the apps, security best practices, push notifications configuration, and more.
- Improved the ServiceWorker configuration and created a native Android app utilizing Trusted Web Activity to seamlessly utilize the PWA version of the website. Worked on the native iOS app to fix bugs and provide ongoing maintenance.
CTO2016 - PRESENTLudosProject
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), TypeScript, REST, Unit Testing, Pytest, Docker Compose, Nginx, Flask-RESTful, React Navigation, AWS ECS, AWS Route 53, AWS CodePipeline, REST APIs, Python 3, GitFlow, Locust, AWS Lambda, GitHub, Django, Alembic, SQLAlchemy, Falcon, Flask, Grafana, Prometheus, Packer, Terraform, Ansible, AWS, React Native, React, Python
- Performed extensive code reviews.
- Orchestrated dozens of virtual servers and databases, across multiple environments on AWS using Ansible, Terraform, and Packer.
- Owned all architectural choices.
- Created production-quality REST APIs in Python with authentication, logging, and metrics instrumentation (using Prometheus).
- Performed load testing and benchmarking of every developed microservice using Locust.io, Ab, Apib, and Wrk.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained back ends on Amazon Web Services for various games and applications.
- Designed gorgeous metric dashboards using Grafana that allow every team member to see a high-level overview of the environments as well as dig into details if needed. Data sources included: AWS CloudWatch metrics, self-hosted Prometheus instance, and SQL connectors.
- Benchmarked and tuned the whole application stack from Linux kernel parameters through Nginx/uWSGI configuration options to AWS design choices.
- Consulted as the go-to guy for hard technical and business problems for the whole team.
- Negotiated with clients and analyzed requirements for upcoming games and services.
React Native Developer2018 - 2019MobileCoin (via Toptal)
Technologies: Cryptocurrency, Unit Testing, Docker Compose, Redux-saga, AWS Route 53, GitFlow, Cryptography, Rust, Sketch, Zeplin, Firebase, Android, iOS, Objective-C, Swift, Bitrise, Flow, Redux, React, React Native
- Developed a cryptocurrency wallet app for iOS and Android in React Native, backed by both Firebase and a crypto ledger, with support for wallet generation, export and recovery, multiple currencies, QR code scanning and various security features.
- Worked on compiling a multi-target toolchain using Android NDK for cross compilation of a Rust library that was a native dependency.
- Introduced Flow for static type checking, linters and Redux, worked proactively on workload planning and the CI/CD pipeline.
- Deployed a URL redirector for Deep Linking support using AWS Lambda and CloudFront.
- Worked on integrating Rust-based cryptocurrency payments into a fork of the Signal Messenger app.
Senior Python Developer2018 - 2018Croscon (via Toptal)
Technologies: Unit Testing, Pytest, Python 3, MySQL, peewee, SQLAlchemy, Celery, Docker, Marionette.js, Backbone.js, React, Flask, Python
- Extended and fixed business-critical functionality for live customers.
- Worked on asynchronous file import/export endpoints for high-volume bulk transfers.
- Implemented new end-user workflows involving schema migrations.
- Integrated a React web app with REST API.
- Improved code coverage by writing functional and unit tests for new and existing code.
- Introduced type hints to a Python 3.6-based project.
- Migrated Peewee ORM from version 2.x to 3.x in an API with complex queries.
- Worked with MySQL with custom DB-level encryption requiring key sharing through Celery tasks.
Senior Full-stack/Python Engineer, Team Lead2015 - 2017STX Next
- Managed multiple products in the whole project.
- Decided on architecture for each application.
- Analyzed client requirements and advised clients on technology choices.
- Managed the whole software development cycle of multiple, cross-dependent production services.
- Developed a branching strategy in Mercurial.
- Reviewed code for every change made by every developer in my team.
- Advocated and coached team members on pair programming and automated testing.
- Owned and handled DevOps tasks, including orchestration and configuration management of environments and services using Ansible and Vagrant.
- Ensured that complicated and intertwined stuff worked according to business rules.
- Maintained multiple production applications, both legacy and greenfield.
- Wrote documentation and tutorials for new developers.
- Gave technical interviews and provided technical onboarding for many highly skilled employees.
- Managed the whole team: trained and coached them, performed appraisals, and planned goals for upcoming months.
Senior Python Engineer2014 - 2015STX Next
- Worked in Agile teams on multiple production services for the banking sector delivering immense business value.
- Analyzed complicated requirements and planned work for Scrum sprints.
- Managed and improved a legacy codebase while simultaneously delivering business value by developing new features.
- Presented products to new and existing clients.
- Advised clients on technology choices.
- Managed a Jenkins CI server, BI dashboards, and multiple virtual servers.
- Focused on quality, automating unit and integration tests.
- Educated colleagues on proper testing, mocking techniques, and advanced VCS usage.
- Continuously improved code testability and maintainability even in the legacy parts of the system.
Technical Referent2013 - 2014Poznan University of Technology
Technologies: Unit Testing, Nginx, Python 3, Linux, PXE, TFTP, Python
- Ensured that researchers and students had working equipment and environments to work with.
- Managed computer networks, CS lab equipment, and various on-premises hosted platforms (ticketing system, project management software).
- Automated the provisioning of OSes in every lab using TFTP and PXE.
Software Engineer/Researcher2012 - 2014Poznan University of Technology
Technologies: Unit Testing, Nginx, LaTeX, Python 3, GitFlow, UML, SIP, C, Java, Fabric, Python
- Developed a network testbed management framework in Python for scheduling experiments on wireless nodes.
- Designed an experiment description language and parser allowing reproducible test runs on this framework.
- Developed Linux kernel modules integrating with a Linux network stack and improving QoS scheduling.
- Designed and implemented crawlers/scrapers for Twitter and Facebook (both API and front-pages) using Java.
- Developed SIP clients integrating with a self-hosted Open IP multimedia subsystem.
- Wrote academic papers and performed wireless network related research.
- Designed experiment scenarios and user stories to be included in my papers.
- Supervised work of students and interns.