- Freelance Developer, Consultant, Trainer2011 - PRESENTFericean Radu Ioan PFA
Technologies: Go, Python, Java, Django, Web2py, Android
- Started my own micro-business in 2011, focusing on both local and international clients.
- Worked on a significant number of projects, including both team and independent work.
- Created Clicktoeat.ro, featuring restaurants around a city and their offers. Allowed users to simply choose a desired meal and view a ranked list of restaurants, including meal pricing. Developed in Django.
- Built CGRateS, a very fast and easily scalable rating engine targeted especially for ISPs and telecom operators.
- Developed YouHe.ro to spare users the hassle of creating playlists on YouTube. Allowed users to enter the name of a singer or band and automatically created appropriate playlists.
- Python Automation Developer2016 - 2016WilliamBeauchamp (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python 2, Splinter, Selenium, Beautiful Soup, Requests, Chrome Dev Tools, VCR, Py.test
- Created an API to automate a rich user interface site operation.
- Combined Selenium and direct back-end calls to provide methods for client requested operations.
- In conjunction with Py.test, we used Python VCR to record and replay the HTTP traffic for automated testing.
- Performed pair programming and code review to ensure correct results and the cleanest code possible.
- Web Application Developer2011 - 2011UT Timisoara (IEEE)
Technologies: Python, Django, Apache
- Participated in the 6th International Conference on Risks and Security of Internet and Systems.
- Co-sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society.
- Created http://crisis2011.cs.upt.ro, a registration application for the conference.
- Senior Software Developer, Trainer2010 - 2011Vox Filemaker Solutions
Technologies: Python, Objective-C, Django, Web2py, iOS, Google App Engine, Apache, Nginx
- Developed mobile and web applications. Handled Mac server network administration and customer relations. Learned a lot about the business environment.
- Created http://click2eat.ro, a Django web portal for ordering food from multiple restaurants (Django, Redis, Fabric, Supervisor, Celery).
- Developed iOS Synonyms, a dictionary application for the German language (20,000+ words).
- Created http://avocadosoft.ro, a web2py application for tracking the time of lawyers.
- Handled Python training for a local mid-size company.
- Webmaster, Mobile Developer2010 - 2010UT Timisoara (IEEE)
Technologies: Python, Objective-C, Java, Smalltalk, iOS, Android, Django, Pier CMS, jQuery, Apache
- Participated in the 26th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance.
- Created http://icsm2010.upt.ro/.
- Developed an iOS application with client server architecture for updating event information in real-time.
- Built an Android application for the same purpose.
- Senior Software Developer, Trainer2005 - 2010Oce Software Timisoara (Canon)
Technologies: C, C++, Java, C#, Python, J2EE, Django, Mercurial, Git, Plone (Zope)
- Developed a customized Plone(Zope) CMS solution for corporate intranet use.
- Created an industrial printer job processing engine written in C++. Developed the project with multi-threaded architecture.
- Served as technical manager for recruiting and training new employees.
- Created a web printer configuration application written in Java/J2EE with complicated setting dependencies and inter-system interfaces.
- Developed a web application for managing the company's internal sport activities, written in Django with a full AJAX driven interface.
- Teaching Assistant2004 - 2010Technical University Timisoara
Technologies: C, Java, JUnit, Selenium, Marathon man, Mockito, ESC/Java2, Yourkit Java Profiler
- Worked in labs on programming in C, object-oriented software engineering in Java, software validation and verification, and fundamentals of software engineering.
- Senior Software Developer, Architect2002 - 2005Alcatel-Lucent Timisoara
Technologies: Java, Swing, GSM/GPRS/3G/WiMax, Python, JUnit, CruiseControl
- Created a platform for planning telecommunication networks with various modules to configure various aspects of the networks and various technologies such as GSM, GPRS, 3G, WiMax, etc.
- Wrote in Java with a rich graphical user interface and intricate telecom algorithms.
- Software Developer2000 - 2002Savatech Timisoara
Technologies: Java, C++, Python, Perl, JUnit, HTML, XML, RMI, EJB, MAPI/CDO
- Created a rich GUI application for a workflow framework constructing various kinds of workflows. Wrote in Java/Swing. Featured graphs that could be zoomed in/out, dragged for manual visual configuration or automatically arranged for optimal arch overlapping.
- Developed a GUI application and chat system with a centralized server configuration. Created it in Java/Swing with rich text editing.
- Developed a Microsoft Exchange migration tool. Wrote in C++, Python, and Java. Used MAPI/CDO to extract data from .pst files and exported it to XML documents. Used the Java application for importing data to a new platform.
- Built a fully functional peer-to-peer VoiP application. Wrote in Java and later extended using JMF. Featured capacity to carry voice conversations before the Skype/Yahoo Messenger era.