Radu Ioan Fericean
Verified Expert in Engineering
Radu is a versatile software developer who has worked with various programming languages, technologies, and operating systems. He designs and implements fast, extensible, and durable solutions for projects; he prides himself on his versatility, efficiency, and quality.
Git, Emacs, Linux
The most amazing...
...software I've ever built is a rating system for telecom providers. It is flexible and complex, but simple to configure and lightning fast.
Freelance Developer, Consultant, Trainer
Fericean Radu Ioan PFA
- Started my own micro-business in 2011, focusing on both local and international clients.
- Worked on a significant number of projects, including both team and independent work.
- Created Clicktoeat.ro, featuring restaurants around a city and their offers. Allowed users to simply choose a desired meal and view a ranked list of restaurants, including meal pricing. Developed in Django.
- Built CGRateS, a very fast and easily scalable rating engine targeted especially for ISPs and telecom operators.
- Developed YouHe.ro to spare users the hassle of creating playlists on YouTube. Allowed users to enter the name of a singer or band and automatically created appropriate playlists.
Python Automation Developer
WilliamBeauchamp (via Toptal)
- Created an API to automate a rich user interface site operation.
- Combined Selenium and direct back-end calls to provide methods for client requested operations.
- In conjunction with Py.test, we used Python VCR to record and replay the HTTP traffic for automated testing.
- Performed pair programming and code review to ensure correct results and the cleanest code possible.
Web Application Developer
UT Timisoara (IEEE)
- Participated in the 6th International Conference on Risks and Security of Internet and Systems.
- Co-sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society.
- Created http://crisis2011.cs.upt.ro, a registration application for the conference.
Senior Software Developer, Trainer
Vox Filemaker Solutions
- Developed mobile and web applications. Handled Mac server network administration and customer relations. Learned a lot about the business environment.
- Created http://click2eat.ro, a Django web portal for ordering food from multiple restaurants (Django, Redis, Fabric, Supervisor, Celery).
- Developed iOS Synonyms, a dictionary application for the German language (20,000+ words).
- Created http://avocadosoft.ro, a web2py application for tracking the time of lawyers.
- Handled Python training for a local mid-size company.
Webmaster, Mobile Developer
UT Timisoara (IEEE)
- Participated in the 26th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance.
- Created http://icsm2010.upt.ro/.
- Developed an iOS application with client server architecture for updating event information in real-time.
- Built an Android application for the same purpose.
Senior Software Developer, Trainer
Oce Software Timisoara (Canon)
- Developed a customized Plone(Zope) CMS solution for corporate intranet use.
- Created an industrial printer job processing engine written in C++. Developed the project with multi-threaded architecture.
- Served as technical manager for recruiting and training new employees.
- Created a web printer configuration application written in Java/J2EE with complicated setting dependencies and inter-system interfaces.
- Developed a web application for managing the company's internal sport activities, written in Django with a full AJAX driven interface.
Technical University Timisoara
- Worked in labs on programming in C, object-oriented software engineering in Java, software validation and verification, and fundamentals of software engineering.
Senior Software Developer, Architect
- Created a platform for planning telecommunication networks with various modules to configure various aspects of the networks and various technologies such as GSM, GPRS, 3G, WiMax, etc.
- Wrote in Java with a rich graphical user interface and intricate telecom algorithms.
- Created a rich GUI application for a workflow framework constructing various kinds of workflows. Wrote in Java/Swing. Featured graphs that could be zoomed in/out, dragged for manual visual configuration or automatically arranged for optimal arch overlapping.
- Developed a GUI application and chat system with a centralized server configuration. Created it in Java/Swing with rich text editing.
- Developed a Microsoft Exchange migration tool. Wrote in C++, Python, and Java. Used MAPI/CDO to extract data from .pst files and exported it to XML documents. Used the Java application for importing data to a new platform.
- Built a fully functional peer-to-peer VoiP application. Wrote in Java and later extended using JMF. Featured capacity to carry voice conversations before the Skype/Yahoo Messenger era.
Python, Go, Java, C, Perl, HTML, XML, Smalltalk, C#, Python 2, Objective-C, C++
Web2py, JUnit, Django, Bootstrap, Swing, Selenium, Mockito, Plone, Zope, Chrome
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Concurrent Programming, Agile Software Development
jQuery UI, jQuery, Fabric, Outlook MAPI, Beautiful Soup, Requests, jQuery Mobile
Eclipse IDE, Subversion (SVN), Supervisor, Mercurial, YourKit, Emacs, VCR, Splinter, Pytest, Chrome Developer Tools, Apache Ant, CVS, VirtualBox, Apache, NGINX, Git
Linux, Google App Engine, Jakarta EE, MacOS, FreeBSD, iOS, Solaris, Windows, Android
Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Memcached
Ajax, RMI, CDO, GSM, GPRS, 3G, WiMAX, CruiseControl, Content Management Systems (CMS), Enterprise Java Beans (EJB)
Master's Degree in Telecommunications (Computer networks)
Politehnica University - Timisoara