Radwan Abu Odeh
Verified Expert in Engineering
Radwan is a tech enthusiast with solid experience in software engineering, a huge passion for building great software, and a strong discipline to quickly learn new technologies, skills, tools, and engineering practices. He specializes in back-end development and monolith and microservices architectures. Radwan is keen on working with Python, Django, Django REST framework, Flask, Java 8+, and Spring Boot, having previous full-stack experience with React, Redux, Tailwind CSS, and SASS.
MacOS, PyCharm, IntelliJ, Slack, Jira, Trello, GitHub, Bitbucket, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on while at Tarjama was a B2B and B2C platform expanding its operations from enterprise-only users to individuals.
Software Engineer II
Careem Networks FZ
- Contributed to the team's effort in expanding the subscription feature, Careem Plus, to other regions, leading to a 10% increase in new users and 14% in user retention.
- Automated the workflows of the subscriptions support team, increasing their productivity by 25%.
- Tracked and patched security vulnerabilities in coordination with the security operations team.
- Built a client portal that enables users to submit their linguistics projects to Tarjama.
- Created internal AI-powered RESTful microservices that provide linguistics tools for internal teams.
- Conducted training sessions for juniors and new joiners on the tech stack used.
- Handled system integration with Stripe APIs and complied with SCA regulations.
- Implemented GDPR compliance in the back-end data processing.
- Integrated with third-party CRMs and user analytics services.
- Built a K-12 learning management system for students.
- Created the course management system interfaces for instructors.
- Developed internationalization and right-to-left utilities for user interfaces.
- Led meetings with clients for requirements elicitation, issues reporting, status updates, and planning.
- Developed and integrated fintech solutions with clients' legacy internal systems.
- Researched and developed fintech solutions built on Ethereum.
- Enhanced the usability of user-facing features and the dashboard.
- Led meetings with clients to gather requirements for customizations and address urgent issues.
- Refactored the back-end code to enhance performance and readability.
I was working on the back-end team supporting the expansion of Careem Plus and its features to other regions while maintaining the existing ones.
I've contributed to the project as a full-stack engineer, primarily dedicated to the back end, building the system's APIs and integrating it with other parts of the organization's workflow systems, internal linguists, and project management tools.
K-12 Learning Platformhttps://www.edraak.org/en/k12/
I worked as a full-stack engineer on this project, mainly on the front end, building the learning management dashboard for the courses and teachers' course builder utility.
Django, Django REST Framework, Spring Boot, Flask, JUnit, Mockito, Spring, Spring Batch, Redux, Ruby on Rails 5, Tailwind CSS, PowerMock, JSF
REST APIs, React, Redux-Saga, jQuery, Stripe API
PyCharm, IntelliJ, Slack, Git, Jira, Trello, GitHub, Bitbucket, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), AWS CloudFormation, Vagrant
Programming, Back-end, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Algorithms, Data Structures, API Integration, APIs, Software Engineering, Software Architecture, Scrumban, Amazon Elastic Transcoder, RTL, Fintech, SaaS, Amazon API Gateway
Agile, Test-driven Development (TDD), Design Patterns, Microservices, CQRS, Scrum, B2B
AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka, Java EE, Docker
Databases, Amazon DynamoDB, Spring Data JPA, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB
Master's Degree in Software Engineering
International Technological University - San Jose, CA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Jordan - Amman, Jordan