Verified Expert in Engineering
Rafael has a degree in graphic design proven by almost a decade of experience with digital products in different types of companies, from IBM and Microsoft to open source, startups, and advertising agencies.
Git, Terminal, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on was the LUA app, which empowers people to be financially independent and achieve goals with ease.
React Native Developer
- Currently working on the beta version of the app, for iOS and Android, using React Native.
- Working on unit and behavior tests using Jest + Native Testing Library.
- Maintained and developed new features for LUA's web app and progressive web app.
- Contributed to features related to business intelligence, using tools like FullStory and Google Analytics.
- Developed some features of the LUA mobile application and web platform using React, React Native, and Redux.
- Worked inside Microsoft's operation for the Rio2016 website along with the Isobar team.
- Developed a few advertising websites and eCommerce sites for Samsung.
- Maintained an old version of the LUA app made with Ionic and monolithic back-end architecture.
- Co-authored a new version of the company front-end boilerplate using Gulp, Nunjucks, NPM, and Stylus.
- Developed eCommerce stores using the VTex platform.
- Developed institutional and advertising websites and landing pages.
- Worked as a design technologist with the development and design team to ensure a better workflow and better results.
Front-end Developer/Information Architect
The Brand Machine (Titans Group)
- Oversaw some deliverables as an information architect, like workflows, personas, fluxograms, and wireframes for an open-source project.
- Contributed to the front-end squad where we worked on the website for a former presidential candidate in Brazil.
- Helped in the development of the front-end part of an open-source project made with Django framework.
- Oversaw some IA deliverables for an internal startup.
- Built personas.
- Defined user flows.
- Created wireframes.
- Designed card sorting functionality.
- Developed institutional, eCommerce, advertising, and web portals.
- Helped in the development of a cross-platform mobile app made with PhoneGap using Google Maps API for a major construction company in Brazil.
- Handled the development of every web page for one of the biggest food processing companies in Brazil.
- Developed internal projects such as web portals, blogs, tools and interfaces for back-end software.
- Worked with the marketing team to develop websites, small portals, and newsletters for events and products.
I'm currently one of the front-end developers of the app. Sometimes I work in the back end, which uses Serverless, Sequelize, Node.js, and other technologies. My role is to maintain and add new features, write tests, review code, and manage the continuous integration of features that I work on.
I was part of the front-end development team which worked very closely to the back-end and design staff building the web platform (where the user sells) and the application, where the user can customize their own store.
Avocode, Trello, Slack, InVision, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), Adobe Photoshop, Jira, Git, Stylus, Sketch, Gulp, Figma, Terminal, Sequelize, Axure RP Pro
Responsive UI, Responsive Design, Web UI, Web Development, Front-end, Sketch to HTML, UI Development, CSS Preprocessors, PSD to HTML, PSD to WordPress, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), GitFlow, Sketch to WordPress, Storybook, WordPress Themes, Content Management Systems (CMS), Apollo, Serverless, Open Source
React Native, Redux, Jest
React, jQuery, Node.js, Formik, Yup
cPanel, WordPress, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, WordPress Theme Design, VTEX, Linux
HTML5 Web Storage
Responsive, Responsive Layout, Agile, Web UI Design, Kanban, Scrum
Associate's Degree in Graphic Design
FMU - São Paulo
Associate's Degree in Computer Science
Faculdade Impacta de Tecnologia - São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Scrum Foundations Professional Certificate
Faber Ludens Institute