Software Engineer and Contractor2010 - PRESENT
Technologies: Python, Go, BigQuery, App Engine, Google Cloud Platform
- Implemented a series of applications based on Google Cloud Platform, including App Engine, Bigquery, Cloud endpoints, and other APIs.
- Actively contributed to the training and onboarding of new team members.
Software Engineer/DevOps Technician2009 - 2010Spiralti
Technologies: Python, Ext JS (now Sencha), Django, Linux KVM, Linux Containers (OpenVZ)
- Defined and implemented the internal infrastructure for this software factory startup. Supported three locations and conducted automatic environment setup.
- Participated in the development of a real estate web application in Groovy for a local newspaper.
- Deployed an open source VoIP solution across the different locations.
- Oversaw technical interviews and training.
- Implemented a Linux container solution, similar (albeit much smaller) to Docker, using OpenVZ as the container runtime.
Technical Manager2008 - 2009Huenei
Technologies: Debian Linux, Xen, Linux KVM, SVN, Microsoft Exchange, Asterisk
- Led the technology team and took charge of the software factory infrastructure support, communication systems, and help desk.
- Implemented the ITIL processes, greatly lowering service outages.
- Set up a VoIP solution for the two sites based on Asterisk and open source technologies.
- Participated in refining the software development process, including continuous integration.
- Participated in pre-sales and project estimations.
System Administrator2008 - 2008Visa
Technologies: Linux, Apache, Netfilter, F5
- Handled legacy web platform migrations and PCI security compliance of web servers.
System Administator2004 - 2007Rosario Physics Institute
Technologies: Linux, Netfilter, Sun Grid Engine, Intel C Compiler, BLAS, LAPACK and other vector math libraries.
- Built a low-cost 100-node HPC grid based on Linux and Sun Grid Engine.
- Implemented a custom root file system based on UnionFS that allowed nodes to boot over the network with template based images and overlays. This greatly simplified administration efforts.
- Upgraded the network cabling in the grid and in the 4 buildings that comprised the institute. Upgraded inter building fiber trancievers.
- Modernized the internal email system, allowing greater mailboxes and faster access.
- Helped the physicists to optimize their software by testing different vector library options, compiler flags, and testing.