Verified Expert in Engineering
Rafael has 15+ years of professional software development experience, ranging from a SaaS built from scratch used by 200,000 unique users, generating BRL1.5 million on sales, to a dozen of brand websites and transactional web applications built for Johnson & Johnson as a developer and technical leader of an agile team, which also required great communication and team working skills, mentoring junior developers and putting the DevOps mindset into practice.
Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Node.js, PHP, Terraform, React, Serverless, Docker, REST, Full-stack
The most amazing...
...application I've designed and built from the ground up was an online food ordering service that generated BRL1.5 million in sales and had 220,000 unique users.
Lead Developer | Founding Member
- Led the architecture and development of an app that measures and mitigates carbon emissions of SMEs by analyzing their live accounting data, augmenting invoices, and providing shareable assets to showcase their positive impact.
- Collaborated closely with customers to gain a deep understanding of their requirements and validate features before releasing them to a wider customer base.
- Provided leadership in mentoring and training junior and intermediate developers.
- Led the development of an application that enabled businesses to apply for loans in a fraction of the time by providing all required financial information automatically, directly from their accounting system.
- Mentored junior and intermediate developers and was part of the hiring panel of all technical candidates.
- Designed and implemented the migration of job scheduling infrastructure to a serverless model.
Senior Software Engineer (Contract)
- Supported a variety of initiatives related to the core platform.
- Implemented infrastructure as code techniques for automated resource provisioning and management.
- Fixed and optimized aspects of the front-end application.
Software Engineer (Contract)
CoGo / Conscious Consumers
- Collaborated in the architecture and development of the application stack, encompassing API design and database schema.
- Designed and implemented user-facing features using React and React Native frameworks.
- Conducted research and provided recommendations on integrating third-party services.
- Oversaw maintenance of the BookFresh legacy platform after Square, Inc acquired the company.
- Implemented the migration process to move customer data to the new Square platform.
- Worked on tickets with bug reports and minor enhancements.
Johnson & Johnson
- Led technical aspects of an Agile development team within the regional development center.
- Delivered a dozen web applications, between digital marketing and internal web apps, as a developer and technical leader.
- Mentored junior developers and tracked team metrics.
- Contributed to technical talent acquisition and structuring new teams within the development center.
- Connected local teams to development centers in Europe and the US.
- Reviewed the architecture of digital applications developed by build partners in LATAM.
Co-founder | Lead Developer
Inovatii / ValeRestaurantes
- Founded a startup with a classmate from college to provide the first online food ordering service in the region.
- Led architecture, developed, and maintained the main service, built from scratch.
- Created a distributed system for sending orders to associated merchants.
- Set up a cloud-based environment with partially automated deployments.
- Designed UI/UX based on earlier experiences and usability research.
- Worked remotely as part of the development team building the world's most used online appointment booking platform.
- Integrated the booking tool with platforms like Wix, WordPress, AppDirect, and 1&1.
- Refactored the legacy application data layer to improve reliability and reusability.
- Contributed to the two major products of the company, a web and a desktop application, using PHP and .NET respectively.
- Created a couple of smaller services/PoCs to validate new ideas or to meet specific requirements.
- Introduced basic tools and techniques to the development team, such as Kanban, code versioning, and automated deployments.
- Implemented analytics software and enhanced SEO of legacy applications.
Intern Software Developer
- Refactored a web application for online notary certificate requests.
- Optimized a website for search engines (SEO) and migrated a large volume of data.
- Worked on product features and improvements along with development team.
Avalial Finanças e Sistemas
- Planned and developed a web ERP targeted to small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Structured and developed a small distributed system for aggregating data from multiple branches into a main datastore.
- Contributed with the implementation and support of ERP for customers.
Application Packager | Certifier
OnSet ICT Services and Consulting
- Created automatic application installers using WPS, AutoIt, and VBS.
- Reviewed and approved packages created by around 80 team members.
- Contributed to process improvements, identifying and implementing solutions that improved overall efficiency.
Intern Software Developer
Vip Solution Informatica
- Developed a web application to manage educational data from public schools.
- Contributed to the design and data modelling of the product.
- Assisted with sales and support demands from customers.
CarbonInvoice allows professional services firms to offset the carbon emissions generated by every project they undertake, enabling them to take the first step towards a positive journey towards sustainability, easily and immediately.
By offsetting their carbon emissions, firms can showcase their commitment to sustainability to their clients and stakeholders, while contributing to global efforts to reduce the impact of climate change.
jQuery, Vue, REST APIs, Node.js, React, Socket.IO, Xero API
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Blockchain, Docker, Drupal, MacOS, Linux, Unix, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MySQL, JSON, PostgreSQL, MySQL Server, MongoDB, Amazon Aurora
Full-stack, APIs, Web Development, Web App Development, API Integration, Amazon RDS, Webhooks, Cloud Computing, Serverless, Computer Science, Architecture, Programming, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Leadership, Xero Accounting, Technical Leadership, Technical Hiring, Software Architecture, Technical Consulting, App Store, Google Play Store, POS
Symfony, AngularJS, Yii, CodeIgniter, Serverless Framework, Angular, PhoneGap, Ruby on Rails (RoR), .NET, Express.js, Laravel, React Native, Django
SonarQube, Jenkins, Git, Terraform, Wise Installer, Beanstalk, Google Analytics, PhpStorm, Subversion (SVN), Puppet, GitHub, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon CloudFront CDN
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming, REST, Agile, Event-driven Architecture, Microservices
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
Federal University of São Paulo - São Paulo, Brazil