Verified Expert in Engineering
Rafał has over 18 years of experience in software development, maintenance, and troubleshooting. In his career, he has developed every possible kind of software (with the exception of low-level hardware drivers). Rafał enjoys implementing front ends, back ends, and databases in every technology or programming language. He is a calm and skillful team player who always finds the solutions to even complex problems.
Freelancing, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Visual Studio, Windows
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is software that delivers automatic updates to more than 3,000 workstations worldwide; it continued to work for years without breaking down.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Created an administration module in a serverless application allowing more customized events.
- Worked on an AWS RDS database that was used to store statistical data about all users participating in the event and their time spent on particular pages.
- Worked on a security system using AWS Lambda and an AWS RDS database in concatenation with AWS Data Pipeline to refresh users' data.
- Client's testimonial: "Yes, the event went very well! [...] Thank you for all the hard work you put into making this happen. We couldn’t have done it without you."
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed a web service for the new research product, MotivBase AI Ethnography.
- Implemented NgRx/store on the application that was used to store data inside the complete service.
- Implemented the mechanism for back and forward buttons, providing the impression that the user is working with a desktop application by restoring pages in the same state as before.
GIS Senior Full-stack Developer
- Implemented the feature service, importing geodata from CSV files and storing them in the PostGIS database.
- Provided visualization in LeafletJS using Proj4Leaflet due to different coordinated systems.
- Customized and connected with hiding/showing different layers features depending on the zoom levels.
- Displayed data in a customized way to improve the overall speed of the service.
Desktop Application Developer
DivParty, Ltd. (via Toptal)
- Wrote an installer for a desktop app for both 64 and 32 bit which recognized the Windows version automatically.
- Reimplemented a (nearly completely rewritten) application due to design changes.
- Implemented a replay of animated SVG files using chrome browser engine.
- Designed and laid out according to very precise customer expectations.
- Integrated a few local email clients with different API and storage system.
Freelance Full-stack Developer
MotivIndex (via Toptal)
- Refactored an Angular application including implementing architectural changes.
- Built an NLP library for finding similar words.
- Introduced very efficient low-level calculation mechanisms based on binary.
- Prepared Python scripts for manipulation and data transformations.
- Implemented additional components.
- Developed new controls based on Canvas: interactive charts supporting panning and zooming, along with sophisticated algorithms to distribute data in a way data are presented reflecting proportions but without overlaps.
Freelance Developer (Export Feature and Automated UI Test Suite)
MotivIndex (via Toptal)
- Exported a PowerPoint functionality.
- Converted charts from SVG to PNG.
- Automated the tests for the front-end as well as automating the integration tests.
- Crafted algorithms to retrieve data basing on standard deviation and other calculations.
- Wrote a set of Python scripts to retrieve data from CSV files and store them inside an SQLite database.
Stareable | Stareable.com (via Toptal)
- Was contracted on a redesign project.
- Implemented changes within the components and UI (HTML and CSS); based on a mock provided by the client.
- Refactored some part of application making better component division.
Freelance ASP.NET Developer for an eCommerce Site
DecoratorsBest (via Toptal)
- Protected the website against attacks using a WebKnight firewall.
- Implemented CSS/HTML changes to improve content rendering.
- Developed an MS SQL database trigger to fix diacritic characters problem also on a database level.
- Implemented changes to the DNS which fixed some older problems.
Application Development Manager | Scrum Master
TECTOCOM Sp. z o.o.
- Built and designed the application infrastructure and solution security for a portal for external customers to check the order statuses, deliveries, invoices, and more.
- Crafted a solution to replicate and synchronize data between a productive system and portal, including data and files.
- Designed, developed, and maintained a system for a huge worldwide company with subsidiaries all over the world, with 3,000+ active users. Distributed file storage, central web application, and numerous desktop application add-ins over many locations.
- Designed and developed a new application to manage scaffolds for enterprise customers using React and Redux. The app is also developed for mobile devices.
- Created a concept for the generation of a system, including architecture and organizational approach.
- Managed the collaborative work over an onion architecture with microservices. Several CAD and Office application plugins were used, involving background services that generated previews and printing in the background.
Full-stack Developer | Application Development Manager
Logotec Engineering S.A.
- Developed an enterprise document management system for the desktop and web.
- Installed and set up routines.
- Maintained, supported, and installed various components and products.
- Designed parts and implemented software to build mobile applications accessing data from third-party systems.
- Synchronized the data between a mobile device and the central database.
- Implemented a local component for access to local databases.
- Developed specialized controls (an editable data grid) in embedded C++ for Pocket PC.
LoadOut Desktop Client Applicationhttps://emailsignaturerescue.com/apps/windows-installer
Technologies: Angular, Web API, CQRS, SOLID, IoC, DI, TDD, Pair Programming
Application for Virtual Conference/exhibition Hallhttp://www.edny.com
ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, Selenium, Angular, .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, Entity, .NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Swagger, Angular Material, ASP.NET Core MVC, Entity Framework Core, SpecFlow, Protractor, Jasmine, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), Bootstrap, ASP
Selenium WebDriver, Windows Forms (WinForms), NgRx/store, Entity Framework, React, ASPX, PrimeNG, Selenium Grid, LINQ, REST APIs, RxJS, Leaflet, Node.js
Canvas, Web GIS, WiX Installer, TFS, Git, Jira, qTest Manager, IBM RTC, Visual Studio, CAD, GIS
Database Design, Azure DevOps, Agile Software Development, CQRS, Continuous Integration (CI), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Test-driven Development (TDD), Domain-driven Development, Test Automation, Event Storming, DevOps, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Pair Programming
Windows, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), ArcGIS Server
SQL Server 2017, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, GeoServer, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), AWS Data Pipeline Service, NoSQL
Freelancing, Full-stack, Lightspeed, DI, IoC, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), SOLID Principles, PSM-1, AWS DevOps, Responsive UI, Lean Development, DevExpress Controls, Professionalism, Domain-driven Design (DDD), Office Plugins, Service, IIS, Performance
Master of Science Degree in Automatic Control and Robotics
Silesian University of Technology - Gliwice, Poland
Professional Scrum Master II
Professional Scrum Product Owner
Professional Scrum Master I
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) Certification in Microsoft .NET