Verified Expert in Engineering
Rafeh has years of hands-on, diverse experience in the field of SaaS-based applications. His skills and practical attitude enable him to tackle complexities at any level for any business needs. Rafeh also has experience developing Android apps and has deployed several applications to the Google Play Store.
MacOS, Ubuntu, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), RubyMine
The most amazing...
...work I've done is the batch processing of samples collected from patients in a clinic for lab automation software.
Full-stack Ruby on Rails Developer
- Developed a list of premium offerings for pro users where they can choose custom font, theme, and color for their profiles.
- Refactored and improved various parts of code for performance and stability.
- Implemented testing using RSpec. Initially, there was no test written in the application.
ALLSTARTUPS PTY LTD
- Implemented new features such as corporate accounts, allowing grouping labs into the corporate account for an Australian SaaS.
- Implemented batch sample processing where results were imported and parsed into the system for batch sample processing for different process types, e.g., TaqMan, TaqCheck, and Mic/Myra.
- Refactored the existing codebase to support multiple disease-type results against a sample.
- Implemented surveillance managers for pooled sample collection and results.
- Tracked bugs and improved test coverage of the codebase to 80%.
Senior RoR Developer
- Implemented a privacy zones feature, allowing mobile app riders to mark private zones on their maps. Any ride passing through those private zones was hidden, useful to mask users' home/office locations.
- Implemented ride trimming, allowing riders on mobile apps to trim/edit their rides after tracking them on the map.
- Fixed broken subscription models (Stripe, Android, and Apple), such as Stripe subscriptions not expiring correctly, Apple receipts not verified on the server, and users' subscriptions not renewing.
- Implemented devise-token-auth, using cookies for APIs, which improved security.
- Implemented a security layer to reduce brute-force attacks and spam.
- Upgraded Rails from 4.2 to 4.11.2 and Ruby from 2.2 to 2.5.
- Implemented login via Apple for users signing up and signing in via a web browser.
- Deployed OCS Mac and Windows agents for AssetSonar, an IT asset management solution.
- Published a mobile application (iOS and Android) for AssetSonar.
- Created a bulk import mechanism through Excel and CSV files using Ruby.
- Implemented software licenses as a compliance management tool in AssetSonar using Ruby.
- Implemented nesting to the nth level of existing records.
- Built various new features related to financial reports and payments.
- Interacted with clients to resolve technical issues and discuss new features.
- Coordinated and followed up with the customer success team regarding the deployment of new features.
- Integrated Twilio call and Message APIs in the existing web app.
- Integrated a phone number verification workflow via SMS, using the Twilio Message API.
- Wrote test cases for Twilio APIs, using VCR in the existing web app.
- Implemented a call-masking service using the Twilio call API.
Information Technology Manager
- Designed and developed a delivery rider hailing service.
- Deployed a web application on a production service.
- Deployed an Android application to the Google Play Store and the iOS version to the App Store.
- Composed a rider hailing algorithm which found the nearest available rider based on location.
- Created a mechanism through which a user number would remain hidden on a call via a GSM network to a rider on our network.
- Managed a team of three developers and ensured the regular deployment of bug fixes and new features.
- Built Android applications based on client requirements.
- Collaborated with clients, gathered requirements, and provided bug support.
- Packaged Android applications, generated a signed APK, and published it on Google Play Store.
Push Health | Twilio Integrationhttps://www.pushhealth.com/
I was responsible for integrating the Twilio voice and message APIs into their existing system.
AssetSonar | Android Applicationhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.assetsonar.mobile
I implemented various new features and upgrades; one of the most noticeable features was the software license management module.
I was part of the team who worked on orders and invoicing. I implemented various features and improved the ordering process.
I developed the website in Ruby on Rails using the Spree framework.
Couch Potato | Web Application
Couch Potato | Android Customer Application
Couch Potato | Rider Android Application
Restaurant Management Solution
• Point of sale
• Recipe management
• Store management
• Stock management
• Accounts and finance
• Customer feedback management (Android application)
It was successfully deployed in several restaurants.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap, React Native, Ember.js, Laravel, Capybara, Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby on Rails 4, Stimulus, Tailwind CSS, Slim, Android SDK, Ionic
Back-end Development, ShipEngine API, Full-stack, APIs, Payment APIs, Stripe Subscriptions, Google Sign-in, Blind Index, Lockbox, ViewComponent, Web Development, Web App Development, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Software QA, Algorithms, Hotwire, Query Optimization
Google APIs, Google Maps API, Stripe, REST APIs, Stripe API, Firebase Android SDK, Firebase Web SDK, Square API, jQuery, React, Twilio API, Sidekiq, Delayed Job, Paperclip, Vue
GitHub, Android Studio, Git, Xcode, Facebook Android SDK, Crashlytics, Airbrake, RSpec, VCR, Bitbucket, Jira, Jenkins, CircleCI, ZenHub, RubyMine
Scrum, Microservices, Agile Software Development, Database Design
Android, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Web, Ubuntu, MacOS, Heroku, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
National University of Science and Technology - Islamabad, Pakistan
A Levels in Pre-engineering
Beaconhouse - Islamabad, Pakistan