Senior Director2016 - PRESENTLeadfusion
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, Cassandra, MySQL, Oracle, JSON, Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Gradle
- Created a Unified Financial Product Research web platform with a set of collaborative features for bankers to guide their customers to select the ideal financial solution with the tech stack Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, Cassandra, Redis, and Oracle DB.
- Designed and led the implementation of a custom Gradle plugin to speed up client customization. This reduced the average change from two days to under one hour and in faster content delivery times from 3-10 seconds to under 250 milliseconds.
- Led the platform scalability effort with simplified workflows, optimized memory management, and caching various components to increase the support from 250,000 to about two million daily user visits.
Freelance Full-stack Developer2019 - 2019Netlok
Technologies: Java, Spring Boot, AWS, Angular, Bootstrap, HTML, SendGrid, Twilio SMS, Ansible
- Created an OAuth2 Server to provide an authentication and authorization solution with Spring Boot, Java, AWS EC2, S3, Redis, MySQL, Angular, and Bootstrap.
- Implemented UX enhancements and supported back end-changes with Spring Boot, Java, AWS EC2, S3, Redis, MySQL, Angular, and Bootstrap.
- Redesigned the Netlok's photo offering algorithm for random photos to improve login security.
Senior Developer and Technical Lead2007 - 2016TIAA Financial Services
- Redesigned and migrated the monolithic Java EE application into feature-based nine independent microservices to achieve scalability, faster development, and deployment.
- Implemented multiple REST services using Jersey for the TIAA bank system to provide services such as viewing one's account history and stopping a check.
- Designed and led the implementation of a data caching service using Java, Spring-JDBC, and Coherence Cache.
- Streamlined the development processes, established coding standards, and performed design and code reviews.
Senior Developer2005 - 2014Medco Health Solutions (Express Scripts)
Technologies: Java, XML, Tomcat, Oracle, SQL
- Developed a scalable MVC framework that supports more than two million transactions per day.
- Re-engineered Prescription Refill and Prescription Order Status applications from legacy IVR to Java/web based VXML applications.
- Built a log merging engine for application tuning analytics collected across multiple locations.