Principal | Full-stack Software Engineer2020 - PRESENTFuzeMee LLC
Technologies: React Native, Node.js, AWS, Cloud
- Helped the overall architecture that needs to be used in the app.
- Implemented the app using AWS services (mainly AWS amplify).
- Troubleshot and maintained the app, and implemented new features after soft-launch.
Software Architect | Full-stack Developer2019 - 2020Perso
Technologies: Go, Flutter, Cloud, Docker
- Designed the architect of perso.id (web and mobile apps).
- Managed a small team consisted of a graphic designer and tester to deliver a mobile app to fulfill the requirements.
- Made adjustment and pivoted strategy in terms of technology used in Perso.id.
- Implemented the apps initially using Python and Flutter, but then pivoted to use Golang and Flutter with some adjustment of the algorithms and flows used in the mobile app.
- Monitored the mobile app performance in terms of latency, correctness and number of users.
Senior Software Engineer2019 - 2020Syngenta (via Toptal)
Technologies: Microservices, PostgreSQL, React Native, Go
- Implemented new features in the front end, back end, and other microservices.
- Refactored front-end code to be more maintainable. The front end is in React and Gatsby.
- Refactored the back end to improve testability especially concerning unit testing. The back end code is using Golang.
- Restructured the back-end code to increase the modularity of each package.
- Guided and provided a pattern for the existing to follow when implementing new features, new services, and new products.
Technical Development Lead2019 - 2019Zumata (now Rakuten Travel Xchange)
Technologies: Redis, DevOps, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, Go
- Led the development team in implementing new features.
- Architected the new product and new service using various technologies like Golang, Elixir, and more.
- Set up a DevOps environment on Google Cloud Platform mainly using Kubernetes.
- Mentored and assisted developers in difficult tasks.
- Planned the development phases using scrum methodologies.
- Investigated cases and customer complaints about service performances.
- Optimized the system's performance to match the clients' expectations, turning the response time to less than five seconds.
Django Developer2018 - 2019Mind Research Network
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Docker, Apache Solr, Python, Django
- Implemented a feature to highlight pages in PDF.js.
- Enabled page redirection via a PDF file so that when users search for a term on the file, they can click in that term directly for redirection.
- Implemented document classification based on category.
- Developed a feature for document citations to track which documents have more importance.
- Migrated a search platform from Solr 3.6 to the latest Apache Solr, which was quite challenging since version 3.6 and the latest version (7.6) were very different.
Freelance Cryptocurrency Trading Platform Developer2018 - 2018Ledgershield (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Django, React
- Translated the UX design from a Sketch file format to a web layout.
- Implemented a React app as the platform's front end.
- Developed a Django project that will serve as the cryptocurrency trading platform.
- Migrated the existing code that the previous developer made. Unfortunately, there was not much information on the developed work, which brought some challenges to this project.
- Constructed the trading platform to cover several cryptocurrencies—Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ripple, and Monero.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2018DoBooster (via Toptal)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, OAuth, React Native, Django
- Developed the back end using Django and PostgreSQL as a database.
- Built the front end using React Native for the productivity app that they were developing.
- Installed a social login and JWT authentication mechanism on the front end.
- Incorporated an expo so that the employer can easily view the front end.
- Implemented Carousel on the front end for a description section of what the app is all about.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017Dathena
Technologies: Spark, Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), Docker, Django, Python
- Managed three teams—the front end, back end, and big data—which were scattered across many countries like Indonesia, Singapore, India, and Ukraine.
- Coded the back-end side using Python and Django technologies.
- Implemented a DevOps strategy using Docker that was easily configurable, easy-to-deploy, and scalable.
- Designed interfaces that were used by teams involved in the project.
- Implemented a unit-test strategy for the back-end part of the project.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2016Migital
Technologies: CakePHP, PHP, Go
- Implemented single sign-on service in several PHP websites.
- Enabled a Go app to synchronize the data among the databases.
- Built a PHP module for data synchronization among databases.
Software Architect2014 - 2016Jaringan Mega Komputasi
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, PHP, Redis, Celery, Cassandra, Python, Java
- Selected new technologies using open-source solutions to replace existing .NET solutions.
- Guided and trained the technical team in a technology migration.
- Defined software architecture based on best practices for front-end, back-end, and mobile solutions.
- Communicated with the customers regarding the requirements—requirements gathering.
- Proposed possible architecture types as solutions with regards to the requirements, including their pros and cons.
Software Engineer2010 - 2013Amadeus SAS
Technologies: Java, SQL Server 2005, WebLogic
- Implemented new features on the existing product used by organizations throughout the world.
- Maintained products by fixing new problems found either during testing or in the production phase.
- Coordinated inter-team work to implement new requests from customers.
- Made estimations on the costs of implementing new features.
- Trained and supported the new product or new feature rollout.